LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Racetronix no customer support

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 11:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Racetronix no customer support

Hi all,

thought I would share the nightmare of trying to deal with racetronix. I have a 1999 Trans Am that was in good runnig order, I bought the racetronix Pump and wire kit for the car as I'm adding a Black out Nos wet kit and wanted to make sure I had the correct fueling needs met.

I installed the pump and wire kit with out any issues but when the time came to start the car I had zero fuel pressure.

Looked back to Racetronix for support and then came to find out they don't publish their phone number (flags started going up) after much running around I and a couple of more lost days I made it on to their "support" site (what a joke that is) and was told to find my own answers by going thou other threads ( all seam to place blame on the customers instead of ever admitting that their parts might just be bad).

So I found their phone number (***Edit - removed phone number at Racetronix's request***) talked to someone in the tech department for about 2 min. He said right off the bat that they don't do refunds on the pumps they sell (thats not legal by the way, we have laws in place that I will going though) you can't sell crap and get away with it. I stated I can be a great customer if treated right of there worst nightmare if ripped off.

I hung up on before I could get half my statement out. (classy guy)

So I'm setting up to vist every car site I can find and tell about the Racetronix way, as well as going to consumer Protection Ont. and the better better business bureau.

this will end up costing them a lot more then my return would have.

Last edited by MeentSS02; 07-11-2012 at 01:02 PM. Reason: At sponsor's request
Old 07-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had a similar experience with Racetronix, and is why I would always recommend going through a distributor instead of directly through them to keep this scenario from happening.

Moving this to the Sponsor Feedback section where it belongs.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:12 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

- You had consistent problems registering on our forum b/c you failed to read/follow the registration process for unknown reasons.

- You did not follow the diagnostic procedures listed in our forum to PROPERLY isolate your problem. Leaving out key steps and assuming things leads to improper diagnosis. You stated the pump flowed fuel but you did not have a pressure gauge on a return loop. Perhaps there are leaks under pressure or the regulator is faulty? Perhaps there is a voltage/wiring issue?

- You called here stating the same info on our forum hoping to get a different reply and bypass said diagnostic procedure in the hopes of getting a replacement pump. Our techs will not engage in heated debates or entertain threats on our forum or over the phone. If you can not follow the posted diagnostic docs and instructions from our techs then we can not help you.

Under certain circumstances Racetronix will replace a defective pump BUT it is up to the customer to properly diagnose their system. All pumps returned require a RGA and will undergo testing and inspection before ANY replacement is considered.

Walbro does not provide any warranty on their HP pumps PERIOD! That being said DOA failures are extremely very rare and when they do happen tend to impact a production lot not one out of 1000's.

Manufacturer / Distributor of Automotive Fuel Systems, Components & Electronics

Please support a Racetronix dealer near you for personalized service.

>WEB SITE<
Old 07-11-2012, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Racetronix
- You had consistent problems registering on our forum b/c you failed to read/follow the registration process for unknown reasons.

- You did not follow the diagnostic procedures listed in our forum to PROPERLY isolate your problem. Leaving out key steps and assuming things leads to improper diagnosis. You stated the pump flowed fuel but you did not have a pressure gauge on a return loop. Perhaps there are leaks under pressure or the regulator is faulty? Perhaps there is a voltage/wiring issue?

- You called here stating the same info on our forum hoping to get a different reply and bypass said diagnostic procedure in the hopes of getting a replacement pump. Our techs will not engage in heated debates or entertain threats on our forum or over the phone. If you can not follow the posted diagnostic docs and instructions from our techs then we can not help you.

Under certain circumstances Racetronix will replace a defective pump BUT it is up to the customer to properly diagnose their system. All pumps returned require a RGA and will undergo testing and inspection before ANY replacement is considered.

Walbro does not provide any warranty on their HP pumps PERIOD! That being said DOA failures are extremely very rare and when they do happen tend to impact a production lot not one out of 1000's.

you sold me a dud pump. I was hung up on before I even finished telling all the issues I had.

My "threats" were I can be your best customer if treated right or your worst nightmare if ripped off.

The car ran fine before I put in your pump and now that the old pump is in it runs fine again...hmm kinda tells you what the problem is right?

google racetronix problems and you'll find all kinds of posts, your customer care will catch up with you at some point.

Last edited by chrisr; 07-11-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 02:08 PM

step one
Attached Thumbnails Racetronix  no customer support-ccf07112012_00000.jpg  

Quick Reply: Racetronix no customer support