LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Frost mail order

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 11:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Frost mail order

I thought this might interest some:
I have an LQ4 in my 2000 TranAm, LS6 intake and all the boltons, no catalytic converters, air pump, EGR, rear o2's ect. Im on my 2 transmission in 700 miles, so instead of being able to bolt my new heads and order cam from Futral ( transmissions ain't cheep) I decided to order a tune from Frost to make sure my car lasted awhile. I bought the converter for the new set up, so its a custom stall, specific to the combo, and put it in with this 2nd transmission. It stalls about 3500 on the foot break.
I ordered a mail tune, just for a base on the combo I have now, and MAN what a difference it made. I didn't have to touch the engine tune. It runs so much better now. The motor pulls good and drives fantastic. Words really can't explain the difference.
The transmission tune was only slightly modified from the tune frost sent. The difference is night and day. Fuel economy is fantastic. The cars drives about like stock agin, and hauls *** for what it is.
Frost got paid on wensday, I got an email that said he was tuning a turbo car on Thursday so it would be latter in the day until the file was emailed. And so Thursday night I received the file, and a refund for the shipping cost. To be honest I was sceptic of a tune with out a wide band being hooked up. But today loading the file and checking it made me a believer. It is a stock engine, but still, to be that close with no file to start with is pretty damn empresive.
Thanks Steve for the fast service! Car runs great
Larry
Oh, and some time I'll get a few files to send back to you so you can see the changes that were made to the transmission for you to reference.