LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Maddog Transmissions back up to there old tricks !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maddog Transmissions back up to there old tricks !!

Back in may this year after finding maddog on ebay i contacted him about replacing my 4l60e for one of my work vehicles here in southern Spain, after explaining to him my exact needs for the transmission he recommended i purchase one of his level 3 cases, I accepted this and forwarded him the full details of the truck including all the serial numbers on the old tranny and the trucks vin number.
My order was placed and payment made on may 24th, just over a week later I was told my transmission had been shipped.. this is where the nightmare begins, after a week of checking it and not seenig it move it turned out the tracking number I was sent for TNT was not valid I contacted them and was given another tracking number, when checking that 1 it told me my package was still in there jfk depot ... I got back in touch with tnt and they said they had only just received it and would ship it straight away, it arrived in Madrid Spain on the 13th of June, customs contact me to say they have a package for me and could I send them some details as there is no paperwork with the package, I did this and carried on waiting for my package to arrive... on the 20 th it arrived at the Malaga depot.. when it didn’t turn up at my house the next day I see in the tracking details that it says the sender has changed its destination to Denmark !! I call tnt again and they tell me that the tracking number I was given was wrong again ,and told me they had my package but no documents had been sent with it so it was still in Jfk!!! anyway to cut this part of the story short after many calls/emails to maddog and tnt it was sent to Belgium then Paris,Madrid there for few days while I did all the customs paperwork again then it was sent to Malaga, then back to Huelva 200 miles away then back to Malaga so I finally get it on June 27th at long last !!! I don’t fully blame this on Lou but it would have helped if the correct documents where sent with the transmission in the first place, It turned out the 1st package was for another guy in Denmark that had placed an order from Maddog a week before me . I had to wait a couple of weeks to get the mechanic back to install it because he had a lot of other work on, so I finally get it installed and running around July 15th, I did around 100 miles testing it and to me all seemed to be ok.(but im not the usual driver of this truck and certanly not used to driving automatic vehicles)
A few weeks later 1 of my drivers took it out for a job and called me within doing under 100 miles to say he had no 1st and 2nd gear.
I sent Lou a email and explained exactly what it was doing, he got back to me the next day and told me to get the transmission scanned to see what errors came up.
So I took it down to local shop and they diagnosed it to being solenoid b, so I changed that and noticed in the process that the oil was a little dark and that oil pan gasket seem old, bits missing from it and covered in silver paint.I replaced oil,gasket and the solenoid ,got it back on the road and all ok for around 30 miles... then it started to fail again...emailed Lou to tell him and all went quiet for a week no response at all. After around half a dozen emails being ignored from Lou I started emailing his assistant and finally after harassing Chris and telling him again and again that this is a work vehicle and I have already lost thousands of $ in lost work waiting for it to arrive and now with it not working at all, Lou got back to me and told me to take it back to my local and get it looked at here,as it was obviously going to be very costly sending it back to him to fix and then back to me. ($600 per trip and a lot of lost time) Lou agreed to this and told me to get it done.
As you can see in the following email.
Hello Dom,Okay have them check it and let me know what it is and how much they are going to charge you.
Thank You,
"Mad Dog" Lou

Mad Dog Transmissions
Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969

They took the oil pan of and seeing the oil was Black again decided to remove and strip the transmission down.the following is a report my local shop wrote up with what they found..

Firstly the gearbox was a later version than fitted to your car and wouldn't have worked even if it was built correctly. It had a different solenoid set up and wire harness. As to the claim its a heavy duty rebuild I'm inclined to say its not, certainly not to the standard I would do or the standard claimed by the seller. To start with the pump is a standard 10 vain pump, not 13 vain. Standard 2/4 band servo, standard sun gear drive shell 4 pinion planet carriers, standard reverse drum. It all seems standard apart from a few things. It did come with a wide 2/4 band, 3/4 clutch power pack and OWC´s/sprags. To be honest, those should be built into every rebuild, not just high performance applications. Add to the fact that the solenoids didn't work properly, solenoid B faulty and the lock up clutch solenoid was a total short circuit. I only hope the ECU didn't attempt lock up as it would probably damage the ECU.

Regards

Rob
CAJAS AUTOMATICAS TRANSMATIC S.L.

So I sent this to Lou and since I consider he ripped me off asked for a refund as he sold me a badly built less then standard tranny when I paid for a level 3,and that it had burned out with under 400 miles on the clock !! then he seems to have forgotten that he offered to pay for the repair, at first he offered to send me another transmission if i pay for half the shipping...i told him that I don’t want or need another tranny, I told him that this has cost me over 2200 euros ($2800) to repair,,, more then what his tranny cost me in the first place that all i wanted was my money back, charge me for the core and give me the rest back !!and then he says for me to send it back to him and he would repair it,,, when he knows fine well that it has already been repaired here in Spain !!! well that last email was over 16 days ago ...everything i have sent since then has been completely ignored by him.
So this whole fiasco has been going on for 4 months , over this period I must have wrote over 50 emails to Chris and Lou to witch he has probably replied to 15/20 of them.. I called his office and asked to speak to him 4 times and every time it seems he was not there, I left messages for him to return my call and not once did he call me back.
Before anybody says I should have sorted this with him in private..... I am sick of trying and not getting anywhere with him !!!! all I want now is my money back !! I already had to get a loan just to pay the for the repair here in Spain.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:46 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

I would be curious to see a receipt, if any, of the transmission that was sold to you. If comfortable, scan it and post it here, or email it to me at ted -at- vedit -dot- com. I have lawyers on my payroll, have lawyers as neighbors and as friends. I will ask if there is any legal action we could take even though you are overseas. First, we need to see the receipt.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default maddog transmissions

People have lost their minds today send the transmission back so we can see what's wrong with it or possibly what you did wrong with it. Did You flush the lines, etc. I will order expensive converters or valve bodys frum TCI or JW and other major companies we will have problems sometimes and you have to follow the warranty that these companies have they tell us to send it back so they can see what's wrong with it and of course that's what we do. I then tell them the customer needs his transmission yesterday. Then they tell me if you like, you can purchase another one right now and once we fixed the other converter or valve body, we will send it back to you and they also make us pay for shipping. Of course, I follow the warranty rules. I don't start crying. I don't start splattering their names all over the Internet. I definitely don't threaten them. I handle it like a man, a businessman. I understand everything I order from them is under warranty and they're going to handle the situation. They don't want to hear my personal problems cause everybody has them. So the bottom line here is all my work comes with a one-year unlimited mile warranty, you get the warranty when you first purchased the transmission follow directions and you'll be okay. Nobody gets ripped off here. The warranty is also on all my advertisements.

Thank You,
"Mad Dog" Lou

Mad Dog Transmissions
Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969
Old 10-19-2012, 04:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by maddoglou454
People have lost their minds today send the transmission back so we can see what's wrong with it or possibly what you did wrong with it. Did You flush the lines, etc. I will order expensive converters or valve bodys frum TCI or JW and other major companies we will have problems sometimes and you have to follow the warranty that these companies have they tell us to send it back so they can see what's wrong with it and of course that's what we do. I then tell them the customer needs his transmission yesterday. Then they tell me if you like, you can purchase another one right now and once we fixed the other converter or valve body, we will send it back to you and they also make us pay for shipping. Of course, I follow the warranty rules. I don't start crying. I don't start splattering their names all over the Internet. I definitely don't threaten them. I handle it like a man, a businessman. I understand everything I order from them is under warranty and they're going to handle the situation. They don't want to hear my personal problems cause everybody has them. So the bottom line here is all my work comes with a one-year unlimited mile warranty, you get the warranty when you first purchased the transmission follow directions and you'll be okay. Nobody gets ripped off here. The warranty is also on all my advertisements.

Thank You,
"Mad Dog" Lou

Mad Dog Transmissions
Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969
Lou, How many times do i have to tell you, why send it back to you if its already been repaired here in Spain... as you told me to do remember , your email telling me to have it repaired is copied in to my message above!! you offered to pay for it remember ? secondly,, so now its what i did wrong with it ?? of course the lines were cleaned out and new cooler installed, we had over a month to do so while we waited for the transmission to arrive!! i am not crying , and i am not threatening you, I told you over a week ago that I had been waiting for a response from you for weeks if I didn’t get 1 I would tell people on here my problem with your company... I wouldn’t call that splattering your name all over the internet !! and thirdly what part of you warranty covers you selling me the wrong transmission for my truck and less then standard spec when I ordered and paid $1275 for a level 3 for witch you had all the serial numbers of the old case and the VIN number of the truck.
And finally I don’t really understand the rest of the stuff your saying in your reply , the only personal problem I have is with myself for being so stupid to have purchased a transmission from you AFTER I had already read all the old story's about maddog transmissions , outlaw and so on !!
Old 10-19-2012, 04:23 PM
Teching In

MRVEDIT i will get some paperwork scanned and sent to you tomorrow when im in the office, I really appreciate your help.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Banned

Default maddoglous Final word!

I don't need customers like you and your money stinks you should be ashamed yourself businessman, I guess your dad never taught you right from wrong. I am a standup man. 100% and I back up all my work go take some ballet classes and get lost. I purchased many things every day and I deal with it. Things happen and I don't ask them to pay my mortgage and a my rent and start crying over you one of those type of guys who think the world owes you. I treat my customers very fair because I am nothing without them go ahead and splatter my name. I know who I am and so do my customers. You are a coward and whoever does not agree with me, don't call my company no more. I am sick and tired of people threaten I am a standup guy and I backup my work 100%. I never turn anybody down here, even when I know they're wrong and they installed it incorrectly broke the front pump hads codes, or did not set the TV cable correctly or had wrong brackets and the geometry was off and I still fix it for free under warranty. But if you try pushing me around, you will loose this is the owner of mad dog transmissions and I thank all my customers who made this company what it is but you can go pound sand. I'm finished with you. You do what you got do and I will say it for the last time, send me the transmission and I will fix it for free and I can bet it was probably your fault. I will give the shirt off my back . But if you try pushing me you done. Spread the word!!!
Now if you'll excuse me I have other customers to take care of who appreciate who I am. You remind me of my soon-to-be ex-wife never satisfied!! Act like a man and I will treat you like one, I don't sell dresses here!!
Thank You,
"Mad Dog" Lou

Mad Dog Transmissions
Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969
Old 10-19-2012, 07:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

There is no way I would send back a trans that I had to pay to get fixed. I have only seen 1 positive review on here about a mad dog trans. Would be interesting to see what was inside it.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:47 PM
Staging Lane

I am the one who posted the satisfied review. And I am still satisfied with the trans. But from what I can read of lately, I sure hope I will never have any problems with my unit.

Lou, I have backed you up 100% since I got my working tranny from you, but I am sorry to say it stops now. Even my tranny still works as it should, your childish behavior in your last post got my respect for you go away.
As you can read like everybody else, he got the tranny repaired and is now working. So why would he send it back? that makes no sense Lou.... The trans is working for an additional amount of money so to send it back for you to see it has already been repaired, would just be a waste of money.

As questioned, I am also now curious about founding out what really is inside my tranny. But because it is still working Ill wait until it will break. Even I really hope I will not.
Or at least wait till I get my old tranny fixed.

Then I will post pictures of what Ill find inside my maddog tranny.

Lou you are about loosing me as a customer who tried to spread out a good reputation about you. But it seems like you don't wanna have customers who have bad experience with you. That is for everyone to see lately. Specially in this thread.
Maybe I am getting too personally here, but it seems like you have to deal with your private problems with your soon-to-become-ex-whife, since it looks like you are letting it out on everyone else.
And don't talk bad about Doms father. It is just childish and do not benefit your cause here.... As I can see you are the only one threatening someone in this thread.

SpainDom, as I said before I really hope you'll get this thing sorted out soon. Don't be threatened about what Lou is saying. He can't do anything about it.

Mrvedit, it is great of you to offer you help to Dom here. Good man!
Old 10-20-2012, 12:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't need customers like you and your money stinks you should be ashamed yourself businessman, I guess your dad never taught you right from wrong. I am a standup man. 100% and I back up all my work go take some ballet classes and get lost. I purchased many things every day and I deal with it. Things happen and I don't ask them to pay my mortgage and a my rent and start crying over you one of those type of guys who think the world owes you. I treat my customers very fair because I am nothing without them go ahead and splatter my name. I know who I am and so do my customers. You are a coward and whoever does not agree with me, don't call my company no more. I am sick and tired of people threaten I am a standup guy and I backup my work 100%. I never turn anybody down here, even when I know they're wrong and they installed it incorrectly broke the front pump hads codes, or did not set the TV cable correctly or had wrong brackets and the geometry was off and I still fix it for free under warranty. But if you try pushing me around, you will loose this is the owner of mad dog transmissions and I thank all my customers who made this company what it is but you can go pound sand. I'm finished with you. You do what you got do and I will say it for the last time, send me the transmission and I will fix it for free and I can bet it was probably your fault. I will give the shirt off my back . But if you try pushing me you done. Spread the word!!!
Now if you'll excuse me I have other customers to take care of who appreciate who I am. You remind me of my soon-to-be ex-wife never satisfied!! Act like a man and I will treat you like one, I don't sell dresses here!!
Thank You,
"Mad Dog" Lou

Mad Dog Transmissions
Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969
Even if it wasnt for the bad reputation you already have, this would definitly make me look elsewhere for a trans!

This incoherent rant was COMPLETELY unprofessional, and unneccesary. Now, Im not taking sides here, but the OP posted his experience with your company, others posted and you being a "standup man" reacted like a 5 year old who had his favorite toy taken away for doing something wrong..

Good job at reinforcing the negative reputation you've so clearly earned!
Old 10-21-2012, 02:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Good grief these threads get old. I feel bad for the op. For those who are contemplating on buying a transmission. Do the research and look into the reviews and opinions on the board here. I don't know what is going on with this company, but usually if I read one bad thing about the company that I'm potentially buying from then I 86 them right away. It doesn't matter if they "clean their act up" and they're under new management or whatever the case may be. Usually, if a company does something "off-color" then history will tell you that they'll do it again. This thread doesn't prove to be any kind of anomaly or exception to what I've just stated. It would seem to me that you probably need to take your trans somewhere else and let the competitors get to the bottom of this problem. Most competitors will more than likely cut you some kind of slack to earn your business. It won't be a warranty type of deal by any means, but I believe that you'll be money ahead and have less heartache over the whole deal. At this point the trans company is in cya mode so they are going to naturally cover anything up to save face and probably do the right thing for a change as opposed to what they did initially. I can only offer my thoughts at this point since I'm not directly involved, but given all these circumstanceS I would have to begin to believe them. Good luck to you sir. As for the company: hopefully you have a bag of miracles because you'll need them along with a new PR guy because the guy posting on here is causing more problems for himself than he already has. If you are trying to make ammends for whatever problems you have had in the past then you are going about this all wrong. At this point you should follow the motto " The customer is always right". Otherwise I don't think your going to be very successful. Good luck to all. My humble .02
Old 10-21-2012, 03:47 PM
Teching In

Thank You,
"Mad Dog" Lou

Mad Dog Transmissions
Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969
Well......what can I say about that rant !!! I have not insulted you not once !! my parents did teach me right from wrong and that’s why I don’t go around ripping people off. And even if my mechanic had installed it wrong , witch he didn’t because basically all you have to do is bolt it in and fill it up with oil (there is no TV cable on my truck)you still sold me the wrong, badly built standard transmission for my truck when I paid for a level 3, As you say in your video Lou... it hurts to be ripped off !! so if my money stinks so bad as you say.. then do your self a favor and give it back to me, that’s all I want from you.The world don’t owe me ****!!! you owe me $ 1800, maybe with that I could afford some ballet classes.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:14 PM

Received 389 Likes on 298 Posts

I would still like to see whether the receipt stated a 4L60E or a 4L65E. Since it had 4-gear pinions it is a 4L60E, but if the receipt says 4L65E you have a strong case. "Level 3" might not mean much by itself, but if there is doco on what is claimed to be included, and it was not included, you again have a strong case.

Last edited by mrvedit; 10-21-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 10-21-2012, 08:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Spaindom
And even if my mechanic had installed it wrong , witch he didn’t because basically all you have to do is bolt it in and fill it up with oil (there is no TV cable on my truck)

I'm going to tread carefully here due to forum rules and I don't care to take sides anyway. None of this is any of my business.

However,
There is a bit more to it than "bolting it in and filling up with oil".

Proper filling and shifter cable adjustment, as well as getting the converter properly installed are all important pieces of the puzzle.

We (as builders and shops) assume that a knowledgeable enthusiast or shop can get this right, but I'm here to tell you it often gets messed up even by supposedly knowledgeable shops. I have two in the shop now, one with a broken bellhousing and another that the best I can tell was ran low on fluid.

As a builder who ships units for the customer to install, we see all types of install errors. If it can be fouled up, we've probably seen it.

As a business you have to set limits. Should a shop be liable for installer error? Of course not.
However if for example I send a transmission to Customer XYZ, who has a mobile mechanic install it, and it doesn't work at all after install, yet it worked perfect on our dyno with all gears, proper pressure, solid shifts, etc.
The customer doesn't know if it's our fault, the mechanics fault, or otherwise.

We are confident it's not our fault, the mechanic isn't going to own up to a mistake usually, they are going to shift blame.

I have this exact scenario going on with a customer here. I would love to help the guy, but first the transmission has to come back to me. My assumption with the symptoms is that the converter was mis-installed and the pump broken or even (don't laugh, I've seen it NUMEROUS times) that the trans doesn't have enough fluid. It can also be a shifter cable or shifter issue.

The other issue you run into in this business. Customer has an issue. You determine it may be a minor issue that could be corrected with the trans in the car. Minor install or build issue. You agree to let the customer take the transmission to another shop to be diagnosed and repaired. The new shop thinks they have a blank check and they can in some cases rake you over the coals. They'll sell a rebuild, converter, and R&R and actually only fix some small problem.

THAT is why most policies state the warranty only applies at the original shop. I know I'm not going to pay out $2000 for repairs for a likely $40 fix on a unit I only make $500 on. I would rather send out another unit and hope to recover the original unit.

Overseas sales are a tricky situation. The shipping is expensive in the case of a warranty. Again, most shops policies are the shipping is the responsibility of the customer. My official policy states this and that includes even if the error is my fault. However we typically cover shipping if we find the problem to be our fault.
It's a hard pill to swallow to eat $800 shipping for a transmission you only made $500 on, but it's also the cost of doing business.

For some of you,
keep this in mind. When you pay a professional shop with a good reputation for a product, whether it's a transmission, engine, suspension component, computer, etc you can price shop, but the cheapest place may not offer any real support for when there is a problem.

I could sell my units for less than I do, but I have to account for some warranty, shipping, and other unforseen expenses. If I didn't have to cover these costs on top of my overhead, labor, etc I would love to be the lowest cost guy on the market and help the enthusiast out. However I'm not doing anybody any favors if I sell them the cheapest transmission with no support.

Basically I charge a bit more so I can "help a guy out" when something happens. Say the shipping company delivers a pile of broken aluminum and the customer doesn't inspect it. I can at least fix it for a reduced cost to the customer.

It's a balancing act sometimes.

The transmission industry is a hard one in some ways. The transmissions are becoming more and more complex and the likelihood of there being an issue external to the transmission (wiring, tuning, engine performance) that would cause a complaint or failure has increased.
There is also the age old mistrust of transmission builders. Everybody thinks a transmission guy is going to give them a transmission that doesn't have what they paid for in it.
I have personally seen this in the industry and I've seen it twice recently from sponsor(S) on this very forum (not transmissions but converters).

I often deal with customer's who want in writing what the transmission will contain for parts. I don't have any issue with this but it's frustrating as an honest business to deal with the backlash of other unscrupulous a**holes.

Now,
to get specifically to this thread.

If the transmission didn't contain the parts it should have. Shame on the builder. Nobody is perfect and in the performance industry, EVERYBODY will have a failure occasionally. In my opinion a failure is a learning experience. I WANT to see what broke and WHY so we can prevent it in the future.
But it is unacceptable for a customer to open a transmission, converter, engine, etc and parts they paid for to not be there.
If you open up an engine that was sold with forged pistons and crank, you expect it to be there. If you open up a transmission sold with a billet shaft, you expect it to be there. If you open up an expensive performance converter you expect it to be furnace brazed and/or tig welded.

Anything less than what was sold is fraudulent.

My employees know my policy. When we are building transmissions, I sometimes reject a serviceable part due to appearance alone. I've been in situations where I opened a recently built unit in front of the customer due to an issue, or where the customer opened it up due to failure or service. One thing I never worry about is a customer opening a unit up and finding a bunch of rust pitted parts, parts they paid for not installed, etc.

Our stuff may break, but it will be what we told them it was.

I've been fortunate in this business as I have had good luck with customers who understand when the occasional issue does pop up. I've only every had ONE customer that I know of that walked away completely unsatisfied and I did everything within my power to fix the issue and make him happy besides give a refund for what was likely an installation issue.

Honesty works best and it needs to be mutual. A builder can often tell the cause of failure when he opens a unit. Whether it's a broken pump, specific clutches burnt from a TV cable adjustment issue, low fluid level, etc.

I hope you guys get the problem resolved mutually.

I can sympathize with Lou's frustrations, because it can be frustrating at times. I can also understand the customer's side too. I got into building transmissions because I got screwed over too many times.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:19 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Excellent Post JAKE I have no opinion on either side of this particular thread however your post summed up the issues that all parts suppliers and builders deal with everyday that is rarley spoken off.
Frank

Call 888-744-6542

Old 10-22-2012, 09:12 AM
Banned

I couldn't have said it better myself. I even told him I would send out another transmission with converter. What more as a business owner, if someone offered me that I would be happy enough said Jake you are a gem! Thanks MaddogLou.
Old 10-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Teching In

Thanks for your input Jake .. if had heard of you before this whole ordeal im sure i would have purchased my transmission from you. And as you pointed out there is more to the installation then just bolting it in and filling with oil,,, I'm not a mechanic , I have quite a bit of mechanical knowledge but not much about transmissions, that why I spent my money on having it installed by a professional with nearly 30 years worth of experience on his back , the same guy that has been fixing all my vehicles over the last 15 years (including installing 4 transmissions that I never had any problems with) I can say that I trust this guy 110% .
As for the local shop seeing a blank check ,, I know what you mean but I will also say the same for these guys me and my family have been using them for nearly 20 years ever since we have had American or any other automatic vehicle they have fixed it, as I say in my first post... I took the car to them for them to look at (after Lou told me too ) and they diagnosed a faulty solenoid ... they didn’t just say ooh it needs to be rebuilt ..solenoid b was replaced along with the oil and pan gasket.I went on my way and around 30 miles later it lost 1 st and 2nd gear again I called the shop back and they said maybe there was a problem with the wiring harness !! they were looking for solutions,,, not just getting my money out of me for a rebuild. It was opening it up to look at the wires and discovering black oil and the wrong wiring harness is when we decided to remove and strip the box. I'm sure you have already seen this but this is what they emailed me after the transmission was opened up

Firstly the gearbox was a later version than fitted to your car and wouldn't have worked even if it was built correctly. It had a different solenoid set up and wire harness. As to the claim its a heavy duty rebuild I'm inclined to say its not, certainly not to the standard I would do or the standard claimed by the seller. To start with the pump is a standard 10 vain pump, not 13 vain. Standard 2/4 band servo, standard sun gear drive shell 4 pinion planet carriers, standard reverse drum. It all seems standard apart from a few things. It did come with a wide 2/4 band, 3/4 clutch power pack and OWC´s/sprags. To be honest, those should be built into every rebuild, not just high performance applications. Add to the fact that the solenoids didn't work properly, solenoid B faulty and the lock up clutch solenoid was a total short circuit. I only hope the ECU didn't attempt lock up as it would probably damage the ECU.

This is what Maddog claims is in his Level 3.....
-all new lip seals
-all new gaskets
-all new Teflon rings
-new filter
-all new steels
-all new bushings
-all new Raybestos clutch discs
-all new sprags
The Level 3 4L60E/4L65E comes with a new force motor, new shift solenoids, new 3/2 downshift solenoid, new TCC solenoids, new pressure manifold and a special Sonnax valve that is specifically made for the GM code 1870, which is very common on these particular units.
This Level 3 transmission comes with an Mad Dog Reprogramming update kit, Mad Dog shift kit, and Raybestos Z-PAK with 13 clutches (replaces factory 5 clutches in the 3-4 drum) the Z-PAK also has specialized heat treated steels that withstand much more abuse, all Raybestos high temp high energy clutches throughout the rest of the unit, all new steels, band, bushings, and rings. A 500 boost valve, 13 vane pump rotor. We also use 4140 hardened pump rings, TEFLON pump bushing, a 29 element sprag, over-sized hardened sun gear shell (which is three times thicker than factory), hardened input shaft and drum, hardened output shaft and all planets are cryogenically freezed, 4 pinion planetary gear (which has also been cold-freezed to withstand big horsepower and torque), high-temp Pro-series, Kevlar band and a Billet servo ( the Billet servo has 30% more holding power, to give you that full throttle shift without burning up the band. For full competition use only). However, I highly recommend running a Corvette servo if your going to drive the vehicle every day.
We discard the oem factory, plastic accumulators and run Sonnax aluminum accumulators to ensure a quality shift every time.
This transmission can also be setup for pulling and towing (no extra charge).
NOTE: Let us know what type of shift you want. We can custom build each valve body for your application.
-Stage 1 is a factory shift.
-Stage 2 has a nice crisp shift and at wide open throttle it will put you in your seat.
-Stage 3 is for that Saturday night special. Be warned stage 3 shift is very violent!
“NECK BRACE NOT INCLUDED !!!” If YOU’VE got THE HORSEPOWER we have the transmission. LEVEL 3!
As you can see something was not right here !!! also you may have noticed that lou hasn’t denied selling me the wrong type and standard transmission !! he just keeps on saying the same thing , send it back and I will look at it... and yes he did also offer to send out another transmission,I did state this in my first post!! but he only did so 2 weeks after It had already been repaired and I had sent him the report from my local guys .. but why would I want to pay $600 just to get the transmission back to him if its already been repaired. This is my work vehicle we are talking about , my income , I cant afford to wait weeks on end waiting for him to reply my emails and calls, he just ignored them !! I have all of them including his replies(when he finally did) in my computer I can paste them in if you want .Heres another email he sent me after the 2nd time it broke, before it being stripped down, by this point I had asked him for a refund minus the cost of the core as I didn’t think it was right for a $1300 transmission to be giving me all this trouble...this is where as you can see again he offered to pay for the parts and labor,,Hello Dominic, the transmission was working fine. Then you had a problem you changed solenoid B, and it worked fine. Now they don't know what's wrong with it and they think it's something in the wiring. And all of a sudden you want your money back when we still don't know what's wrong. It is a completely rebuilt transmission . Tell them to stop playing the guessing game and fix the problem. I will be more than a to pay for it. It's always easier to blame it on somebody else. I am not running. I am not hiding and I do not rip anybody off. Let me know what they find wrong with the rebuilt transmission. I sent you the same e-mail. Did you not receive it? You say you own your own business salon sure you understand. Sometimes things happen and you have problems and then of course you make it right. This is what I'm trying to do with you. Like I said, it is a completely rebuilt transmission. Now they just need to find the problem and I will be more than happy to pay for the parts and labor.

Now as I have said before he seems to have forgotten about offering to pay he just keeps saying, send it back to me !!
Old 10-24-2012, 11:50 AM
Banned

Default Maddog LOU

What size dress do you need and are you wearing any panties or not and I would assume a pink dress correct! At least the people who read this can see what kind of idiots you guys really are. Keep up the great work trying to knock me down. Oh and by the way, are you wearing a six-inch heel or you just want real ballet shoes somewhere around size 6. LMAO!

Thank You,
"Mad Dog" Lou

Mad Dog Transmissions
Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969
Old 10-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Teching In

Default Mike13 !!

Originally Posted by mike13
I hate seeing threads like this nobody wins, I've purchased trans from Performabuilt and Jake's and couldn't be happier if I had a problem and they offered to send me a new trans I don't think I could complain.

Not standing up for Maddog as they wouldn't be my 1st choice for a trans but at this point it needs to be worked out.
You need to finish reading my post properly,, yes he offered to send out a new transmission ,,, that was after i had discovered he had sold me a standard tranny and not the level 3 i paid for and 2 weeks after i had Spent nearly $3k having it rebuilt !!! not much good to me then is it, i just want my money back but as you guys can see Maddog seems more interested in joking around then solving my problem.It dont seem to bother him that over 1400 people have seen this thread.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:59 PM
Teching In

I couldn't have said it better myself. I even told him I would send out another transmission with converter. What more as a business owner, if someone offered me that I would be happy enough said Jake you are a gem! Thanks MaddogLou.
I hope you remember what Jake said in the future!

"If the transmission didn't contain the parts it should have. Shame on the builder."

"But it is unacceptable for a customer to open a transmission, converter, engine, etc and parts they paid for to not be there."

"Anything less than what was sold is fraudulent."
Old 10-24-2012, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

What size dress do you need and are you wearing any panties or not and I would assume a pink dress correct! At least the people who read this can see what kind of idiots you guys really are. Keep up the great work trying to knock me down. Oh and by the way, are you wearing a six-inch heel or you just want real ballet shoes somewhere around size 6. LMAO!

Thank You,
"Mad Dog" Lou

Mad Dog Transmissions
Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969
Is there anyone here, sponser or other, that still want's to defend this guy?

Quick Reply: Maddog Transmissions back up to there old tricks !!