LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Another Unsatisfied Customer of SDPC !

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2004, 10:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another Unsatisfied Customer of SDPC !

I'm not one to complain, and I always do whatever it takes to resolve problems regardless of who's fault it is but after this week I've lost faith in doing business with SDPC. I do apologize for the long post.....

Approximately 2 months ago I geared up to do a lot of things to my Camaro so I called SDPC and talked to someone (thats right Marty, I dont remember their name) who gave me all the part #'s I would need. Over the month or so I've dealt with Josh and have been pretty happy with his prompt respones to my emails and phone calls until last week. I emailed Josh and asked this question, "How much would it cost for a new rear bumper cover shipped to a business address (75001) ? I think this is the PN# 12335528" <---- Exactly what my email stated....

And Josh's response, "The fascia/bumper runs about $246.xx, and shipping would run about $30-$40. I did get the v/cover, but I have been swamped and will not be able to do returns until tomorrow". I called Josh that day and we talked for a few minutes about my car, I ended the conversation requesting that Josh order the rear fascia and ship it to my house.

On Thursday I received my rear bumper fascia and it was an 'export' bumper (Europe or something). Well I immediately call SDPC and speak with Marty, I explain the situation and he quickly tells me that he's going to issue a pickup and send me out the correct bumper cover that evening. He states that he's going to have to call me back because he has to call Fedex freight. Well no call back, so I call Friday evening and ask to speak with Marty - Marty proceeds to tell me that Fedex is going to drop off the correct bumper cover (which shipped Friday) and pickup the incorrect bumper at the same time.

On Monday my son calls me and tells me that Fedex dropped off the correct bumper cover and refused to pickup the old one. So I call and leave a voice mail for Marty explaining the situation. I waited for a call back rest of day Monday and Tuesday - nothing. Tuesday night I check my bank account and they charged me another $331.12 for the 2nd bumper cover. Well that prompted me to send an email to Josh that night asking him to please locate Marty and have him call me. On Wednesday evening I received nothing, not an email or a phone call so I took it upon myself again to call SDPC.

Guess who answered the phone, Marty. I asked Marty politely why I hadn't received a phone call or an email, he avoided the question and asked me if I had spoken with Josh - I replied that I spoke to Josh Friday of last week but after that my calls and email have not been returned. Marty simply answered, Well I'll call Fedex Freight and issue a pickup. I responded stating, Well you said you were doing that last week, how can I be assured this will be taken care of. Marty responds by asking me, so who is going to pay for return freight shipping. I responded, Well Im not sure at this point, you stated to me last week SDPC was going to take care of this problem. Marty then states that he read my email to Josh and that I requested the wrong part #, I responded that I was given that number by one of his people. The conversation ended abruptly after that, I was too pissed to continue that discussion.

So I called Fedex freight tonight, they were great and provided me with an exact pickup time and method to reduce my overall cost to ship. Basically if I paid to ship it back it would cost me approx $180.00+. So I'm shipping this export bumper cover back to Marty collect which costs $80.00 and will be charged to SDPC. However, SDPC will be deducting that from my refund once it hits their doorstep Im sure. I am certain that I will have to fight for any kind of refund assuming they get the amount correct (Im not being sarcastic) because I returned an incorrect valve cover which was credited against the 1st rear bumper cover.

I can assure you that I will not deal with this company again, this should have been handled respectfully and promptly and I was left feeling as if this was my fault.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:26 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,160 Likes on 754 Posts

I sent an email to Cary Franklin at SDPC to look into this.
Old 05-20-2004, 11:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank you PSJ.....

At 9:15 this morning I received a call from Marty this morning and asking If I had heard from Fedex freight, I stated to him that I hadn't received a call from them and that I had taken it upon myself yesterday to schedule a pickup today between 3-5. He seemed irritated at me for doing this and stated that he told me yesterday that he was going to take care of it. I was polite and stated once again that I had taken care of it. That was the end of the conversation.

Last edited by Zero2Sixty; 05-20-2004 at 11:48 AM.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:56 PM
Sponsor

Hello zero2sixty, I am very sorry to hear of your experince with us. I have recieved the request from Prostockjohn to look into the situation, and will post back later after I have a resolution or other response.

Thank you for the notification prostockjohn!
Old 05-20-2004, 01:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank you

Originally Posted by parts@sdpc
Hello zero2sixty, I am very sorry to hear of your experince with us. I have recieved the request from Prostockjohn to look into the situation, and will post back later after I have a resolution or other response.

Thank you for the notification prostockjohn!
Old 05-20-2004, 02:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just wanted to thank You PSJ for helping me with this issue. I just spoke with Nicky Fowler at SDPC and he's assured me that I won't incur any out of pocket expense.

Again thanks for the quick response and help....

Andy
Old 05-20-2004, 05:19 PM
Sponsor

Thank you z2s for your understanding and thank you psj for getting involved and letting us know what was going on.

One of the best parts of working at Scoggin Dickey is the fact that the managers realize that people make mistakes. No matter whose mistake it is, or how bad it may be, they know that mistakes happen and are able to deal with the issues with a cool head.

Even though some problems seem to go on forever and can become irritating, we work through them. It can be just as frustrating and stressful for us as it is for you, the customer. Trust me, we do not want to have problems with your order any more than you do. We strive to resolve the issues as timely as possible and in such a way that the customer leaves happy.

We enjoy what we do and want you to be able enjoy doing business with us.

I am glad that we were able to get your problem corrected and rebuild your confidence in SDPC. We appreciate your business and look forward to hearing from you again!

And for those of you that don’t think too much about us, let me tell you something. We are celebrating our 75th anniversary this year (that is since 1929 is case you need help . This did not happen because we are some kind of fly-by-night business. This happened because the business was founded on principles and service. These are the same principles and quality service that has propelled us into an internationally recognized operation. We pride ourselves on our customer service, unfortunately no matter how hard we work; we are not going to please every single customer every single time.

Cary Franklin