LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

people in michigan beware of speed shop.

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2004, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But it's the principle of the whole thing!!!!!

hehehehe... it's good to keep some rivalry and brand pride going.

Like I said, I hear great things about them... but something irks me about going to Mustang guys to get work done on my f-body. It just didn't feel right.
Old 06-19-2004, 06:45 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You know that Greg (former owner of Detroit Speedworks) works there too right? His shop was primarily all LS1's.

...a car is a car...a motor is a motor. It's all the same.
Old 06-20-2004, 11:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Pro Mouse, Cartek has been known to lock many of their customers pcms.
Old 06-22-2004, 03:26 PM
On The Tree

hay unit 213.! how have you been.hope you have been able to get out and enjoy the weather a bit.do you ever get over to BAKERS in milford I was there last sunday with both my 69 firebird and my 02 collecters ed. ta,and took home best of show with my 69. let me know If you ever are planning to go there and I will make it over there.Its every sunday from 2.00 to about 8.00 and last week they had upwards of 1200 cars there.Its 3 miles north of I96 on milford rd.give me a pm If you read this. mike.!
Old 06-22-2004, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jammer,Cartek Didnt do my tune,APE didUnit213 I totally Disagree with you,Greg is NOT Primarily LS1 ,Explain Why He Couldnt tune My Baby cam,and Had to Have APE Fix it.He said the way it ran(Which was totally crappy)Was the Caristics of the Cam LOL I should Have Known Better than That.I had a Monster Cam in My 84 5.0 And I tuned it,I had No ISSUES What so ever ,Ford Does things Different ,Than GM some things he doesnt know what to do with.But I do know He knows Fords...But I did have an very bad Experience and will not ever go back...
Old 07-30-2004, 07:44 AM
Launching!

I to had a bad experience with Hardcore Motors myself. I took the car for a gear swap upgrade and a power tuning. To make the story short I've had the car there 2X now and the dyno #'s have been all over the board 320, 290, 295, & finally at 308. They told me they were having problems with their Tuning software. Taking my car to the track I had ABSOLUTELY NO GAIN from where I was. But they told me I gained all this power + with the gears. So obviously there is a problem. My dyno graph is all messed up - goes haywire after 5000 rpms. They tried to blame it on my torque converter, but funny it looks fine WITHOUT the tune??!! I finally callled and spoke to Ronnie Duke myself and assured me they would make it right and to give him a day or so to go over it with Dave and Mark. Well over a week later never heard back from him. In a recent turn of events I discovered a few interesting things. Ronnie has a nice prison record including theft and FRAUD!! There was an article on channel 7 news about him scamming old people out of their houses in some credit assistance hoax. After finding all of this out, I cancelled my credit card and am refuding the charges they gave me for the useless tuning they supposedly did.
Old 08-11-2004, 06:05 PM
MASS seller approved

Originally Posted by Pro Mouse
Jammer,Cartek Didnt do my tune,APE didUnit213 I totally Disagree with you,Greg is NOT Primarily LS1 ,Explain Why He Couldnt tune My Baby cam,and Had to Have APE Fix it.He said the way it ran(Which was totally crappy)Was the Caristics of the Cam LOL I should Have Known Better than That.I had a Monster Cam in My 84 5.0 And I tuned it,I had No ISSUES What so ever ,Ford Does things Different ,Than GM some things he doesnt know what to do with.But I do know He knows Fords...But I did have an very bad Experience and will not ever go back...
Sounds like a very similar story Greg told me about my car. Car ran like ****, back fired and missed all the time, couldnt idle etc. He wouldnt tune the car in closed loop, he said the cam was too big and the PCM couldnt handle it etc. Took the car to APE, they tuned it in closed loop and it ran 10 times better.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would be curious why they couldn't reflash your PCM to stock ( like the dealer does ) and then tune it.. What was the $200 invoice for? If all you got out of the deal was a dyno pull you got screwed -- dyno pulls are generally under $100.

Better luck next time.

Mark

Quick Reply: people in michigan beware of speed shop.