LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Performabuilt - you just don’t get this anymore!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2018, 05:25 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Performabuilt - you just don’t get this anymore!

I had to give a shout Out to Allan, Frank and Ryan at Performabuilt Transmissions. I purchased a Black Edition Level 3 4L60e from them a few years ago. It worked perfect on my 815 rwhp car running mid 9s. I had a new engine built and had a thrust bearing issue on the dyno. Since it is difficult to assign the exact cause of thrust bearing failure I talked to Allan and he said to bring the tranny down it and he would have it gone through. I drove it down this week (6 hour drive) and they actually tore the entire tranny down even though it only had 7 passes on it since it was refreshed. They let me watch the tear-down at their shop and it was in perfect condition as we thought it would be. Ryan, who was doing the work then told me they have been able to obtain better clutches and other parts that make the tranny even stronger and he upgraded everything on the re-build. It took about 5 hours to do the re and re and Ryan worked through his lunch to get me on the road for my long ride home. When we are all done and I went to settle up Allan, the owner, would not take any money!! He said I was a previous customer and had some bad luck and he was happy to help out. Who does that anymore! We all experience lots of bad service but rarely do we experience some good old fashion service that includes the human equation on both sides! If you are looking for a transmission and want to know the folks who sell it stand behind it - talk to Allan or Frank at Performabuilt - they are straight up guys!!
Old 04-25-2018, 06:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do u have an open tc?
Old 04-25-2018, 06:14 PM
9 Second Club

John, not sure what you are asking?

Originally Posted by john kilgore
do u have an open tc?
Old 04-25-2018, 06:16 PM
9 Second Club

My Torque Converter is a Pro Yank 3600 Nitrous Converter. It was refreshed 7 passes ago.

Originally Posted by john kilgore
do u have an open tc?
Old 04-26-2018, 08:50 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Thanks Mike and was nice to meet you
Frank

Call 888-744-6542

Old 04-27-2018, 10:25 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I've had almost the same exact experience with Performabuilt. When my new combo was showing excess slip on the dyno I called called converter and tranny company to see if I could narrow down the problem. Once Performabuilt realized how close I was (40 min) they said just bring it over and we'll go through it while your here. Converter company since the build took longer than expected like always I had to pay shipping and cut n clean fee since it was over the 1 year. I currently have my original lvl 2 from them in my dads 55 Chevy, a lvl 3 in my 02 camaro, a spare lvl 3 that I couldn't pass up the price I found it for and when my truck tranny goes it will be getting a lvl 2. Keep up the good work guys.