LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Jakes Performance. TERRIBLE BUSINESS!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2018, 07:56 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Jakes Performance. TERRIBLE BUSINESS!

I have done TONS of business with MANY vendors on ls1tech and others and have NEVER in 10 years had any issue like this!

So this was a nightmare from the beginning... First off I call on April 20th and talk on the phone with an employee with Jakes and decide on a th400 and converter. He tells me $2800 is the price for the tranny and converter. We agreed I would pay $1400 now and then pay the rest when the transmission is ready 4-5 weeks later. So 3 days go by and I notice the full $2800 was taken out of my account and I have been overdrawn. So I call and call Jakes performance and keep getting busy signal so I give up I got transferred money to the account not a terribly big deal just cost me $25, but still did not want all the money taken out as we agreed on $1400 and I didn't want all the money out of that account at once.

So in the original call when I placed my order we agreed the transmission would be ready in 4-5 weeks. He said could possibly be 5 weeks at latest. So I'm already not happy they overdrew my account and don't answer the phone so I call up 4-1/2 weeks later and call from two days in a row multiple times and leave voicemails with not returns. Very frustrated with terrible customer service at this point! Finally I get a returned call 2 days later. He says transmission will still not be done that week. "already past 5 weeks" and still won't be ready tell who knows when.

I tell him it's past the time I was told the transmission would be ready at the latest, the guy can't tell me when the transmission will be done so I really just want a refund and I have a buddy who can check out my transmission over the weekend. I told him I will just have it gone through and put it back in. He apologizes that the trans was not done and agrees to refund my money. So I call back that Friday and get no answer. Wait tell monday and call back and I talk to another person who apparently knows nothing about my refund and I get transferred to someone else.

Now I'm being told I will be charged a 30% restocking fee and my total refund will only be $1950 of my $2800. So I am pissed now. I was already told I was going to be given a refund because transmission was not done so I had my trans gone through and reinstalled. Cost me $700 locally... So now I will be out $850 because they could not build my trans on the time frame we agreed and already told me they would refund my $ and I went another way. I already have the trans back in so I now have no need for the Jakes transmission that is STILL at this point not finished...

Lady at Jakes gets ahold of jake who still says he will only refund me $2000 at the most leaving me out $800 for there f**** up not having the trans done, over charging me, and giving me terrible customer service. I tell them is is absolutely unacceptable... IMO they are stealing $800 from me at this point because it is there fault the transmission was not ready and they already agree to refund the $...

So today I told them I needed a refund or I would be contacting my bank to get my full refund back. Jake said he would not refund my $.. So now I have a claim to get my $ back that jakes is holding from me for his own screw up!

Jakes Performance is a terrible business that does not answer there phone or even reply somewhat timely to voicemails! Also 5-30-18 when I was offered the refund the tranmission was not done. When I called the following week they said it was done on 6-6-18 and then I called back again 6-7-18 and it was now almost half finshed. Company lied to me on top of everything else!

Jakes Performance please quit screwing me around and give me my hard earned money back!!! I can not afford to give away $800 to you. Especially someone who gave me terrible customer service not answering phone calls and voicemails, took out to much of my $ overdrawing my account, lieing to me about the trans and now holding my money when you screwed up.

I will continue spreading the word on how you do business until I get a FULL REFUND! Do not do business with Jakes Performance!!!!

Last edited by sweet99ss; 09-06-2018 at 12:21 PM.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-s...e-posting.html

Quick Reply: Jakes Performance. TERRIBLE BUSINESS!