LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Shoutout to Sam Strano!

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2022, 04:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Shoutout to Sam Strano!

This section may not be as lively as it once was, but nonetheless I still want to take a few moments to say that I just got off a lengthy but enjoyable phone call with @Sam Strano. I've always known that when I got around to purchasing suspension components for my car, I'd be giving Sam a call, but Koni is currently having their annual shock sale and I just had to snag 'em. I just ordered a set of Koni's on-car adjustable shocks, Sam's springs and will be having Sam assemble them (because I have a million other things to address and work on without having to buy or rent a spring compressor and sit in my hot garage screwing with all of that).

LS1Tech has always been notable to me for the sheer quality of the sponsors it has roaming around the forum. Generally, they all tend to know their ****, but if you've been around for awhile, you know there's always those standout individuals in particular who time and time again demonstrate why they are at the top of their fields. Y'all know exactly what I'm talking about, the gurus like Tony Mamo for all things airflow (and more) or Sam Strano for all things suspension, braking and overall vehicle dynamics. People who are past the point of needing to prove themselves, but continue to do so anyways because **** it, why continue riding the same wave for long? I had a friend, a fellow forum member on here, order from Sam 10 years ago and I was always struck with how my friend raved about the experience with him, and now I see why.

This dude is no joke. He'll tell you like it is, and it says a lot about the quality of someone when they'll actively discourage you from going a certain route even at the expense of their bottom line. Sam has been deeply involved in the AutoX world for a long time now, he knows these cars well and has probably experimented with every conceivable suspension setup you can imagine. He's systematic and methodical in his approach and encourages his customers to be the same. Start with x before you slap on y. Go from there to determine if more is needed to get the car where you want it or find out if that was actually all you needed from the get go. I generally do not enjoy phone calls when inquiring about parts because I often deal with the sleazy feeling where the other person is just trying to sell you as much as they can and doesn't actually give a genuine **** about you or your car (which, to a degree I sort of understand in a way), but Sam was extremely easy to talk to and there's something to be said for someone who has dealt with thousands upon thousands of these calls over the years and still manages to remain so passionate about what they do and willing to share the knowledge and set you up the way your personal setup needs. I highly recommend giving Sam a call, he's a dealer for far more than you see on his website and there's a lot to be said for working with someone who isn't a giant conglomerate and has immersed himself so deeply in his specialized field. I'm very much looking forward to picking his brain and ordering more in the coming months
The following users liked this post:
wannafbody (10-01-2022)

Quick Reply: Shoutout to Sam Strano!