LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Texas Speed & lack of customer service

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2022, 12:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 95 Likes on 65 Posts

Default Texas Speed & lack of customer service

I had an issue with my 5.3 engine so I decided to build an Ls3 based stroker instead and due to lack of available parts I went with Texas Speed and im really regretting it. I ordered their 4.000” stroker crank and rods. I was speaking with a friend who mentioned that there is a 3.900” crank that is much better for cyl bore wear and longevity. Since it wasnt going to sacrifice too many ci (415 to 403) i figured id call texas speed and exchange the 4.000” brand new in box crank for a 3.900 that they have on their website. I called earlier today and their rude customer service employee said that we only have a 30 day return policy and that we are unable to do any exchanges either.... ive spent over $5,000 with them recently (ordered their as cast cyl heads in a previous order and one of their cams, johnson 2110r lifters, etc) and they cant exchange a crank that was never opened because its past their 30 day return policy!

id highly recommend staying away from them since they could care less about their customers.

id understand if it was used, or damaged, or removed from box and unable to be resold but that is not the case and was simply told to GFY.

Quick Reply: Texas Speed & lack of customer service