LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Texas Speed - Great Experience (New Motor)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2023, 10:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Texas Speed - Great Experience (New Motor)

As a multi-decade motorhead, companies that produce quality aftermarket parts are tough to find. I had a great experience with Texas Speed. I typically build my own, but didn't have time this time around so I purchased a turnkey 418 LS3 from Texas Speed. I asked for a setup that would easily swap with my existing bored LS1. Derek from the sales team took the order and a did a great job filing in the gaps of things that I needed. He also did a great job accommodating my specific asks. I wanted a pump gas, high-boost, very low compression motor, whereas other shops were a PITA on this ask. Ultimately what showed up was a exceptionally well put together engine with all the bits-and-bobs (LS1/LS3 wiring, spacers for oil pan, gaskets, etc...) needed to do a direct swap without any issues. Also, attention to detail on all the little things (proper thread sealant on head bolts to prevent oil consumption) and many other small things that make the difference between a smooth project vs. an oil eating science project were very nice to see.

Motor break-in went well (they sent break in oil), motor oil changes (3 so far) have shown very little wear. Motor did 851 RWHP @ 22 psi, 93 octane, on the dyno a couple weeks ago and just finished a 13 hour road trip, with no issues and very little oil consumption.

I don't typically leave reviews, but it was such a great experience, and the motor is such a great performer that Texas Speed and Derek deserves some positive feedback. If you are looking for a company that delivers a quality motor, I wouldn't hesitate to go to Texas Speed again.

The following 2 users liked this post by NoGo:
CoreyD (10-21-2023), SlowTBSS (10-21-2023)

Quick Reply: Texas Speed - Great Experience (New Motor)