LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Bad Experience with Cartek tuning

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 12:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if your car worked out for you that is great. 9.4's with a hydraulic cam is not too bad.
what i am having an issue with here is that you just said there are two sides to every story and yet you are not willing to see bill's side of what happened. he got treated like ****, julio did a terrible job with the tune, and dave woudln't even consider any attempt at satisfying a customer that he made run in circles for 3 months.
if carteks reputation is so great and so valuble to them there certainly would have been a much more reasonable resolution to the situation.
it is clear from cartek's actions that they had no interest in helping bill's combo work out for him. they made no attempt to correct the driveability issues other than offering excuses and they certainly bcak peddled and hid behind julio's "expertise" when the time came to stand behind their work. that expertise left bill with a car taht plain old sucked to drive on teh street and lost et when it went to the track.

congrats on your combo mike, but your completely built race motor with power adder is not really relevant to the issue of bill's daily driver combo.

later
tim
Old 08-01-2004, 02:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JS
Funny how Pete got the shaft but now is selling his car after he got his motor and parts back?

Joel The reason I am selling my car has nothing to do with what cartek did or does. They done alot for me and built me an awesome car. Even with all the tranny/clutch problems I was having down in South Carolina I was still running 10.9's all day long. It's starting to get to me that some people bring me into other people problems. Like someone is also starting a rumor that I am going to eastside for a DYNO Tune . That is not true. I was going to take a trip up there for the day to have my car DYNOED and to bullshit.

Also Joel you were so quick to reply to my post telling me you know someone who might want to buy my car. If it's such a bad car why would you even recomend my car to anyone ??? My car is running great right now . Myself like Big Mike it's the Busy time of the year for me working 6 days a week out in the sun on a golf course is not fun and the last place I want to be on my day off is the track. If I still have the car this fall I will be at the track seeing you in my rearview mirror

What happend down at clash of the titans is a thing of the past. Things were said and it's all behind us now. I am still running a cartek motor and I am proud of it. :USA:
Old 08-01-2004, 03:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NJSPDER
so, in summary, wht dave is saying is taht he doesn't give a **** that your car ran like *** bill. he got your money, julio pretended to tune it, and you get a big shiney shaft for your time and trouble.
i rde in teh car before and after teh crap tune from cartek, all they did was get it to idle and go in and out fo gear reasonably well. beyond that they f'ed everything up.
i do nto pretend to eb a tunign genious, but i do know that when you ad a bigger cam to any engine you will have to add timing to compensate for it, well, tahtnever happened, bill asked for higher shift points and julio claimed to have put them in, that never happened, cartek claimed that the problem had everythign to do with bills ecm being a 98 and havign fewer tunign parameters, bill proved with in 15mins that was a bunch of crap.
i was there with bill when he went to get his tune put back to stock, julio was a completeyl grumpy dick the whoel time(didn't even respond when i said hello to him) and dave seemed to do a lot fo walkin around like he was trying to avoid talkign to bill.
dave, if it bothers you so much that your customers have teh ability to see teh changes that hav ebeen made to their tunes maybe you shoudl not allow your staff to do such a **** job. maybe you shoudln't DAMAGE THEIR CARS(the cut o2 wire). maybe you shoudl follow through on ALL of their requests. maybe you shoudln't make BS excusues about plug wire adn teh capabilites of the computer when you are dong a crappy job.
i knwo peopl who have been faithful to your shop for a very long time, adn after this i can't imagine why. you made bill run in circles and now you are trying to sell more lame excuses to not sem liek a total tool box. you have failed to tune 4 times with 3hours on the dyno a problem taht a guy with less than an hour of tunign experience fixed in 15mins. that is just pathetic.

tell the guys in yoru shop they are cool. they were pleasant to us and happy to talk about what all was going on with all teh cool toys you guys have there. the problem with cartek is not the staff, it clearly lies on managments inability to take any responsibility for the work done there.

later
tim
Dude,

Spell Check, or lay off the drinking while typing.
Old 08-01-2004, 06:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

were gettin off track guys no personal battles please...if youve had bad experiences with cartek or good experiences just stick to that otherwise as we all know this thread will get shut down.

Thanks guys,
Bill
Old 08-01-2004, 08:32 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I deleted all my posts,I have NO PROBLEM WITH PETE (He's my friend)and even though I dont know MIKE that well he was very nice to me at Cartek.

I'm sorry guys,My problems were NOT your problems and I shouldve never got involved in a pissing match.

My dealings with Cartek up until the 1st of the yr were great,after that they were very rocky.Its water under the bridge,I'm not gonna get into this stuff anymore with them.

My car is running excellen.I set it up the way I wanted it now ansd I'm happy..Pete,look out u might get spanked come the fall but I would need to tie and anchor to your bumper

See u guys at the track....

Last edited by JS; 08-02-2004 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:32 AM
TECH Veteran

JS, I have no beef with you. I think you you are a good guy too. We are just debating here, that's all.

As for my work exuse, it's the God's honest truth. I own and operate a multi- million dollar concrete construction corp, you don't, so don't tell me my reason for not racing is a lame exuse.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:40 AM
TECH Resident

I always wondered about the cement shoe thing.
Old 08-02-2004, 10:42 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 9T9BlueTA
I always wondered about the cement shoe thing.

Yup, custom fit too! Just let me know what sizes you are looking for!
Old 08-02-2004, 12:43 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

Keep this thread on track.
Old 08-02-2004, 01:49 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Mike,no offense but what u make has NO BEARING on the post so like u said lets stick to the topic at hand.I had a bad experience w/CARTEK and I decided to move on,I wish you the best w/your car...
Old 08-03-2004, 09:55 PM
Teching In

Joel the only lies here is what comes out of your mouth.

What happened between Cartek and Pete is between Cartek and Pete. The engine removal was by Pete’s request because of personal maters nothing to do with the car and should remain personal. If Pete wants to post about it he can but you have no right making up lies and starting rumors.

Pete thank you for the support. I am sorry to hear you are selling the car. Car or no car keep in touch.

I am sorry to go off topic here, I don’t appreciate being called a liar from some one I haven’t lied too. I am finally offended from some thing Joel said and I won’t stay quiet to his uncalled for personal attack.

Last edited by David_Busch; 08-03-2004 at 10:38 PM.
Old 08-03-2004, 10:09 PM
Teching In

We tune cars with other tuners combinations all the time. We don't tune any differently.

We installed a MTI head and cam package on Big Mikes Camaro years ago.

We tuned and worked on Petes Camaro before and after a MMS head and cam package.

We did the same on Phills TA that still has ARE H&C.

We tuned and still work on cars from lots of other tuners. Some customers change to our setups and a lot don’t. We will always prefer them to have our components but we will never require them. We always do the best job we can to gain future work.

This one customer is unhappy with his tune.

That does not mean the tune isn't any good. That is his opinion and our opinion is different.

If he hadn't read the file, we would have handled things differently.

I am glad you are happy with your own tune and like I said good luck with your car.

Last edited by David_Busch; 08-03-2004 at 10:45 PM.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:23 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Dave,Believe what u want but Pete emailed me and was unhappy,He also told at least 2 or 3 other people of his unhappiness.U guys came threw for him and that showed me your dedication to a cusotmer,I applaud u on that Dave but Dave I know what pete said and I know he contacted a few other sponsors on here about building him a motor with what went down with u guys.Call me a Liar Dave,But remember all u have to do it look in the mirror to see a liar too.

But again if this topic is about not being happy with CARTEK I would like u to explain to me how my motor was diagnosed BAD at your shop by YOU but then u couldnt remember the cyl. u checked after DALE,MYSELF and MY BOSS CHECKED IT TWICE?Then we find out the motor had less than 3% leakdown,225PSI cranking compression and was perfect.

Dave,U LIED TO ME AND THAT HURT.I thought we were friends,I thought u had my best interests but again I was mislead not by Julio but by YOU.

U called my shop every 3 or 4 minutes paniced about what I might find.
REMEMBER DAVE?

Please tell me how u came to find out my motor was bad when in fact it is perfect and just ran within 2MPH of its BEST MPH EVER IN +1900DA's?

All I asked for was an appology from u...
I haven no ill feeling towards Julio,U or anyone in that shop,Just alittle dissapointed and hurt Dave.

Jay knows the motors good,Abe knows the motors good,Dale knows the motors good,esp knows the motors good,My boss knows the motors good.

How did u come to think it was bad?
That all I wanna know Dave?

Last edited by JS; 08-03-2004 at 11:34 PM.
Old 08-03-2004, 11:53 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by David_Busch

That does not mean the tune isn't any good. That is his opinion and our opinion is different.
just to add to this When i last ran the car at the track with carteks tune the temp was 55 degrees & 78% humidity & the baro was at 29.36 and it ran
2.189 (bogging launching at 1800rpms with hoosiers set at 30psi)
86.9mph

tonight my friends and I hit atco...their timeslips didnt have the info but according to weather.com at 6:54(my run was at 6:50pm) it was 87 degrees with 85% humidity baro at 29.78, my hoosiers set at 18psi ran
85.98mph
112.07mph

this is on the stock tune sans idle, shift points & rev limiter basically no spark or fueling changes whatsoever...30 degrees warmer, 7% more humid and better mph. Take that for what its worth but im sure theres tons more in the car...i got in a bunch of runs after that but was basically there just to have fun and play with my shift points which are now setup. Man it was humid out there by the end of the night there was dew on my tool box and car by the last couple of runs so definitly not the best air to run in.

lata
Bill
Old 08-04-2004, 12:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by David_Busch

If he hadn't read the file, we would have handled things differently.

I am glad you are happy with your own tune and like I said good luck with your car.
so what you are sayin is that the car running liek complete crap and being hella slow has nothing to do with the tune being bad? WTF?
how do you think bill became unhappy with your services? it was because the tune he was givin at your shop sucked.
do you honestly wants everyone here to believe taht you would have handled things differently if he hadn't seen teh tune? you ran bill in circles with BS answers and didn't even attempt to service any of the problems or requests he came to you with.
even regardless of teh **** tune, you still failed to follow through on shift point and rev limiter changes taht were requested, you failed to inform him that you had CUT THE O2 WIRE, and you failed to inform him that you had left the car to run in open loop only.
that is a lot of information, and would likely turn most anyone into an unhappy customer.
it is nice to see you stand behind your peoples work, but you really need to figure out when to give up the ship man. julio did a crap job on bill's tune and you know it. regardless of the reason for the poor work, it was still poor work, done at your shop, and you have failed to stand behind it.
if anyone out there is considering cartek for a tune consider this, HP Tuners costs less, is easy to use, and has a ton of support available through this site as well as their own. bill proved taht in a week an average owner can do more with a laptop and some seat time than a "professional" shop could accomplish in 3 months.

later
tim
Old 08-05-2004, 08:25 AM
TECH Addict

Received 49 Likes on 18 Posts

wow what a post cartek build me a badass car but I have to clear up some things that people DID say.

All I have to say is that I back up JS. Pete(bpz28)you told me you didnt ask to have it pulled I think your word to me where you complained about the tranny and clutch and in a fit of agravation said , cartek should just pull the damn thing. you cant call joel a liar man, you called me about asking eastside how much to build you a motor, because you where so pissed that cartek puled your motor. you said you where done with them and wanted some help. . Then after your car was done you talked to me and sean and chefabout getting the car tunes not just dunod by NOGO. Atleast be a stand up guy pete. It is sad when this is a car forum and people cant admit things and would instead called people liars when they know in there heart they are wrong.

Pete you are a friend of mine but atleast admit what you said instead of trying to discredit joel. Dave we are cool, Ive never said things bad about you guys but joel is correct in this case about pete.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:12 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Dave u wanna retract your statement now or stick to BS like usual.
By the way,What about my bad motor

No matter what Pete I still consider u my friend,I hope u do too.

JS------>Runs 117.95 in +1900DA"s
BAD MOTOR,U TELL ME?

Last edited by JS; 08-05-2004 at 10:29 AM.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

What happened between cartek and I will remain between cartek and me. Now this whole **** about getting my car tuned at eastside is bullshit. Back on July 4th Jeremy was telling me that Eastside would like me to come up there to bullshit and dyno my car. I even spoke to Sean about it on the Phone when I called eastside and we agreed to dyno the car. Nothing was ever said about tuning.

Just one thing about cartek. After my motor was pulled I did speak to eastside and a few other shops to get prices on motors. Big deal. So I called a few shops to get prices. Who did I end up going with ?? And yes I was upset that they pulled the motor, but we talked about it like normal people and came to an agreement and we ended up being happy.
Old 08-05-2004, 11:51 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,142 Likes on 742 Posts

JS reference Pete's car and it's none of JS' business what Pete had done etc. Just talk about your own car and own experiences.

ADMIN
Old 08-05-2004, 12:05 PM
JS
10 Second Club

John when someone calls ME A LIAR I at least have a right to defend myself.
I'm done Johnny boy...

But if I can talk about my car then here it is:
Dave please tell me why u insisted my engine was bad.
I'm waiting....

Last edited by JS; 08-05-2004 at 12:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Bad Experience with Cartek tuning