LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Bad Experience with Cartek tuning

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004 | 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Please dont bring ESP into this I dont know what you guys talk about when you pm back and fourth with each other .
But the fact is
1. never did I talk to pete or anybody about tuning his car
2. we talked about pricing a motor with him when he called but i never gave him prices because i firgured he would work ever thing out with Cartek just like wheels did.
3 I did ask to dyno petes car and I told Him he had my word nobody would ever know about it on the net (see how that worked out )Only because I have nothing but repect for Dave and julio and it is obviuos to me that they have done their home work and are making big power in a 346 but i what to know the differnce between dynos
never did we talk about what parts are in his car .
4 I dont know the whole story but I would not refund anybody who I or kevin tuned
Old 08-05-2004 | 12:23 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

JS said this in one of his deleted posts:

"Mike u are the one who is full of it,U ONLY run your car if the DA is under 1000 ft.
U havent ran the car in months,can u say engine go BOOM

Funny how Pete got the shaft but now is selling his car after he got his motor and parts back?

What about the COUNTLESS S3X cars that I've seen run *** NUMBERS?

Oh and lets go here MIKE,DAVID BUSCH IS A LIAR.
He told me POINT BLANK MY MOTOR WAS BAD,guess what I checked it 2 times hot and cold.Here are the results::::COMP TEST 225PSI IN EVERY HOLE,LEAKDOWN LESS THAN 3% IN EVERY HOLE.

He called my shop every 3 minutes paniced at what I might find.
Well when I did catch him lying he didnt even remember what cyl he checked for leakdown and back peddled like a girl...

HE OUT AND OUT LIED MIKE
HE TOLD MY MOTOR WAS BAD AND IT WASNT,I wasnt some asspipe Mike I was a good customer.That wasnt right Mike,He didnt have to lie like that and Julio just shrugs his shoulders and when i did come get my car they didnt even meet me there they had Max there and keys outside in a closet.

Absolute BS.....

Thats the truth I have at least 5 witnesses to this BS
I have no reason to lie...

The car runs good---->118 MPH in +1900 DA's
U figure the math,in Nov when I ran it for them it went 119.50 with me in the seat.
Wanna bet it runs better for ME,I changed the cam timing cause there stupid with there 7000 rpm shifts and no tq motors.

I shift the car at 6500 now and they wanted a 5000 stall in the car,I have a 4200 now.Everything I did the car went faster,I listen them and it never panned out.

I'm sure I''ll see u racing your car in DEC like all the other inner circle *** clowns do,you'll never see them in July or Aug at the track "

JS first reference Pete and it was clearly without Pete's permission. Don't be a baby, you went over the line and talked about some other guy's car and pissed him off. He called you on it and so am I. Case closed.
Old 08-05-2004 | 12:41 PM
JS
10 Second Club

John maybe u need to READ the posts and take your head outta your *** before breaking my *****.

Daves quote:
The engine removal was by Pete’s request because of personal maters nothing to do with the car and should remain personal

Petes quote:
And yes I was upset that they pulled the motor, but we talked about it like normal people and came to an agreement and we ended up being happy.

Looks like Pete was alittle angry that Cartek pulled his motor WITHOUT his knowledge.

Thats all I was talking about John,I didnt lie.
Case Closed....

Last edited by JS; 08-05-2004 at 12:51 PM.
Old 08-05-2004 | 12:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by JS
Looks like Pete was alittle angry that Cartek pulled his motor WITHOUT his knowledge.
JS, now I know you have no idea what you are talking about. In defense of Cartek, I am going to say this (I tried not going here but now I will):

The motor that was in Pete's car, belonged to Cartek so Cartek reserved the right to pull it out whenever they felt. Pete knew the motor was being installed as a prototype, all at the expense of Cartek, except for a few mods which Pete paid for out of pocket. This agreement was mutual.

I am a friend of Cartek's and a friend Pete's. All I am doing here is putting the facts on the table.

Again, you guys are going after Cartek here criticizing their tuning and customer service, what about the countless 10 second heads/cam cars and 9 second cars????????????

Oh, and another thing, Yes when Pete found out that his motor was being pulled he was upset (anyone would) and his first reaction was a panicked one. After the smoke settled the situation was professionaly resolved by Cartek and Pete. Cartek obviosly did right by Pete or Pete wouldn't have put another Cartek motor is his car, DUH???????

Last edited by Big Mike; 08-05-2004 at 01:18 PM.
Old 08-05-2004 | 01:02 PM
JS
10 Second Club

No Mike I'm not knocking Cartek,All I'm saying is Pete was upset that they took the motor out of his car w/o telling him 1st.He called me and a few others about it right after it happened and he was UPSET.

Mike it all got worked out threw communication w/Cartek.
I'll except its none of my business and move on.

Cartek builds fast cars,I wont discount that bro..
Old 08-05-2004 | 01:15 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

Again JS it's not your car and it's not your business. Even when we know a lot of about other folk's cars it's not up to us to talk about them. Case closed.
Old 08-05-2004 | 01:17 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Fair enough John...
The truth will set u free
Old 08-05-2004 | 04:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Big Mike
Again, you guys are going after Cartek here criticizing their tuning and customer service, what about the countless 10 second heads/cam cars and 9 second cars????????????
blah blah blah. playing the "look what they did for teh other guy" routine is not gonna help here.
this thread is about what they did and didn't do with bill's car and then the failure to follow through in what woudl be an acceptable manner. bill's car ran like complete *** with their tune in it and all they offered were excuses. everything from plug wires, to the stock computer, to the cam install were blamed at one point or another. when it came time to put up or shut up cartek decided to duck adn cover instead of even atempting to correct the situation.
i said it before and i will say it again. if cartek is so afraid of customers looking at their tune, they should do a better job. the adjustments in shift points and rev limiters were not done as they stated, the timing was completely adn clearly wrong for the combo, and they cut O2 wires to keep the car in open loop without informing the customer.
so cartek can build 9 or 10second cars, BFD. they still failed to handle bill's combo in any remotely reasonable manner, and that is the bottom line.

later
tim
Old 08-05-2004 | 08:42 PM
Sponsor

Bill, sorry you feel the way you do! We did give our best on your car. That includes our convos on line, speaking to Julio late at night (well after hours) about your thoughts and concerns. Giving you feed back right away and checking over your loggs that you wanted to send via email. We strive to make our customers happy, like any type of business you can't please all sorry you were one of them.... GOOD LUCK to you with your set up and your new tuner!

Tim, believe most of what you were saying were different suggestions that were made.. things to check. Bill had gone up and changes were made to his tune. Shift points were changed to what BILL asked them to be. If he does not like the tune then so be it however, Julio did what he knows best and for that combo.

Having 2.73 gears with a cam as large as Bills and the heads and vert do not work very well at all together. I know this first hand! I had 2.73s with LS1 Stage 2 heads only thing was I had a bigger vert and WAY SMALLER cam! My car still would not preform (running 11.97) the way it should. Once those 4.10s went in my car woke up BIG TIME. (See sig!)

OK Bill's not happy that's fine, but that dose not mean we did any less work on his car that we would have on our very own packages. So don't go playing that routine. Like Dave mentioned before. PLENTY of non CARTEK pkgs come in for tunes and leave running like champs. Phil's car is one prime example!

FYI we are not "afraid" of customers looking at our tunes, it's called not wanting to give away all of our R&D that we put much time into for free. Would you give the secrets away of your business to anyone and everyone? I think not!
Old 08-05-2004 | 09:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Miriah
Bill had gone up and changes were made to his tune. Shift points were changed to what BILL asked them to be.
when the tuning was reviewed it was found that the shift points and rev limiter were not moved to where bill had requested them.

Would you give the secrets away of your business to anyone and everyone? I think not!
do you honestly believe that tuning is a big secret? there are dozens of programs available to see what the computer is doing adn what it is programmed to do. the business "secrets" you mention are open to anyone who cares to look at them.
if it was really that big a deal to keep teh big secret of pulling timing out and cutting O2 wires then cartek shoudl have all it's customers sign a confidentiality(sp?) agreement before the persons car is released back to them.

i have no concern with where the combo came from or who's it was. what gears bill has still has no reflection of why the idle was so poor or why the car would bog horribly when he stabbed the throttle. these are signs of a bad tune, especially when he turned around and went quicker and faster with stock timing and fuel tables.

you can through in people who's combos worked out for them, that does not change how poor bill's car got tuned or how many lame excuses he got from cartek.

i am happy to hear that you and phil are doing well with your combos. hope to see you both at the track some time.

later
tim
Old 08-06-2004 | 09:15 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Bill, sorry you feel the way you do! We did give our best on your car. That includes our convos on line, speaking to Julio late at night (well after hours) about your thoughts and concerns. Giving you feed back right away and checking over your loggs that you wanted to send via email. We strive to make our customers happy, like any type of business you can't please all sorry you were one of them.... GOOD LUCK to you with your set up and your new tuner!

Having 2.73 gears with a cam as large as Bills and the heads and vert do not work very well at all together. I know this first hand! I had 2.73s with LS1 Stage 2 heads only thing was I had a bigger vert and WAY SMALLER cam! My car still would not preform (running 11.97) the way it should. Once those 4.10s went in my car woke up BIG TIME. (See sig!)
it had nothing to do with the combo, cam, converter, gears or anything dave or julio would like to lead you to believe...i wouldve almost loved that to be the problem but it wasnt...i put in the stock tune no stumble no hesitation no nothing...ive added fuel no stumble no hesitation no nothing ive smoothed some of the graphs including timing no stumble no hesitation no nothing get the point...their tune no matter what they tried seemingly they got a stumble i put in a mild tune for street use and all of a sudden it disappears...the cut wire was just odd imo as i have other friends that are in open loop and didnt have their wire cut and it sure wouldve been nice to tell me it would be cut or hey maybe just unplug it that sure wouldve been easier for me to fix. The bottom line if people still arent getting it is there was something wrong with the tune making my car hesitate and they basically gave up on it...it was becoming a hazard to drive it because when i had to accellerate across a street or something to avoid traffic the car would stumble for a moment making me nearly shat myself if cars were coming. I didnt pull any policies from any other tuners out there for all i know nobody gives refunds thats fine but i couldnt just let my car sit the way it was yet seemingly they were and instead of going back to the drawing board with the tune they gave up and said deal with it.

lata
Bill
Old 08-11-2004 | 10:32 AM
On The Tree

Wow, I've been away too long!

After reading this whole thread, I have one important question that I feel needs to be answered.

I'm wondering if Bill ordered the "Cake" for desert at Bertucci's and did he eat it or send it back?
Old 08-12-2004 | 02:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Lar's SS
Wow, I've been away too long!

After reading this whole thread, I have one important question that I feel needs to be answered.

I'm wondering if Bill ordered the "Cake" for desert at Bertucci's and did he eat it or send it back?
nope no cake I was writing a new file as i ate my pizza
Old 08-12-2004 | 05:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

here is my experience with cartek, this was couple of months ago

left 3 e-mails for price to tune my car - no response
called the shop- on hold for 20 min,
stoped by the shop on a saturday - waited for 3 hours for some one to talk to me.
finally i think it was dave, we went up in his office, he tried to sell me headers
y-pipe and cats that i did not need.(already had slp lt,y-pipe and cats)
i was told that my car will detonate with a supercharger and slp lt. he was trying to sell the headers they had in the shop.i spoke to 5 other tuners nobody ever heard of that.
so i.m.o their custumer service sucks, they tried to rip me off, and unless you spend 20 grand on cartek stuff they will treat you like s*ht
Old 08-14-2004 | 04:38 AM
Teching In

Bill:

Thanks for this post. It is high time that some of these high-and-mighty shops get a dose of reality--that if they treat us like crap WE WILL GO ELSEWHERE! I have had a similiar experience both with this shop (I bought a Cartek clutch a while back and got either ignored and/or kept on hold when I had a question) and a local shop whose name I will with hold.

The bottom line: THANKS BILL FOR SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCE!!! I will NEVER buy a scrap of sheetmetal from these guys or shops like them!!!
Old 08-20-2004 | 03:25 PM
TECH Resident

You guys make me laugh. To even question Julio's tuning ability is absurd. Julio has been tuning with edit since before the vast majority of shops even knew what LS1 Edit was. For what ever reason foff667 car wasn't tuned the way you wanted it. This doesn't make Julio a bad tuner. I will put Julio's tuning ability up against any other tuner on this site! Are you guys aware that Julio played an important part in the design of LS1 Edit?
Well, LS1 edit is good software, but it could be a whole lot better. As far as putting him up against any other tuner on this site, I would put my money on Allan Futral (Futral motorsports) any day. Obviously any tuner that lets a person walk out with a shitty tune, such as the one this fellow recieved, must be and you need to get off of his *****.
Old 09-06-2004 | 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow....where the hell have I been to mis this thread

There's alot of good info here for people to read...KUDOS to the LS1tech staff for not locking/deleting it.
Old 09-06-2004 | 04:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 02Reaper
Well, LS1 edit is good software, but it could be a whole lot better. As far as putting him up against any other tuner on this site, I would put my money on Allan Futral (Futral motorsports) any day. Obviously any tuner that lets a person walk out with a shitty tune, such as the one this fellow recieved, must be and you need to get off of his *****.

Umm, OK buddy. Cartek has more 9 second cars than any other Sponsor on this Board, so their tuning can't be that bad. Because I choose Julio as a tuner means I'm on his *****? Are you from the Tri State area? I'd love for you to tell me that to my face and wave your finger then. You'll be to busy picking up your teeth off the floor.
Old 09-06-2004 | 09:37 PM
10 Second Club

Umm, OK buddy. Cartek has more 9 second cars than any other Sponsor on this Board, so their tuning can't be that bad. Because I choose Julio as a tuner means I'm on his *****? Are you from the Tri State area? I'd love for you to tell me that to my face and wave your finger then. You'll be to busy picking up your teeth off the floor.

What about it .02" Peeper....?
Old 09-07-2004 | 03:01 AM
TECH Resident

looks like he ate the cake and it gave him the *****...

also, cartek guy your opinion of the tune (whether it is good or not) does not matter. the customer's opinion is the only one that matters and it looks like it was his opinion that is sucked donkey *****.

the tuners down here take the car(or truck, in my case) out on the street to log data and make changes after the dyno.

Last edited by blk03; 09-07-2004 at 03:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Bad Experience with Cartek tuning