LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Look At This From Revxtreme.com

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 01:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Look At This From Revxtreme.com

Here is the email that he wrote me after asked him about his pricing and I told him about a competitor's price!!! What a DICK!!! You dont get business this way!!!

"Thanks bud. I'll make sure to pass that info on to the tuner.

Not to be a *****, but since you went that route...

Better tuning = faster car

I welcome you to stop by and say hello. Maybe alittle friendly pass with my NA C5? Later bro."

Sincerely,

Dan Kao
President

Rev Xtreme, Inc.
9017 Adamo Dr. Ste. C
Tampa, Fl. 33619
Ph: (813) 628-0080
Fax: (813) 628-0126
www.revxtreme.com
Old 11-22-2004, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

LOL, nice try bud. Nowhere in there did it include your nasty email that came in first. You asked for a quote, so you got one, $450 for all inclusive dynotune. Then you came back with $395. Bro, we don't run a swap meet or flea market. You get what you pay for. Tuning prices are non-negotiable. Then you replied with:

Better prices = more business

Well, thank you Captain Obvious! But what you fail to realize is that ultimately, Good work = more business. Let me just copy and paste your last email:

cry about it dumb *** that is a way to get business i will be sure to put that on the FORUM!!!

I'm sorry, but who's the one crying. Please take your business wherever you see fit. Afterall, it is your car. I wish you the best of luck.
Old 11-22-2004, 01:57 PM
TECH Resident

How about we post up the whole conversation?

To sum it up... the guy emails for a price.
He's given the members price of $450, then tries to talk Dan down.
Dan said the price isn't flexible, because it's set by the tuner himself.
The guy comes back crying about it, and says lower prices makes for more business.
Dan sends the email back that you read above posted by the whiner.
Then whiner posts on forum trying to give RevX a bad rep.

Dan, post up the whole conversation, please!
Old 11-22-2004, 01:59 PM
Launching!

Tuning is like hiring a lawyer, the better they are the more they cost. But normally they are worth the extra expense.

I'm 100 miles south of RX but it's Always been worth it to me to make the drive up to the RX shop.

Dan is one of the most honest people I've ever met in business, and he bends over backwards to help his customers.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TA Dave
Tuning is like hiring a lawyer, the better they are the more they cost. But normally they are worth the extra expense.

I'm 100 miles south of RX but it's Always been worth it to me to make the drive up to the RX shop.

Dan is one of the most honest people I've ever met in business, and he bends over backwards to help his customers.
Dan has bent over backwords on many many occasions for me, and those who shop at Rev Xtreme. They are great to deal with, always looking for the best price for you, and when it comes to tunning, they have the best tunner in the south.

Dan is right best of luck to you. But when you look at how many of Florida's fastest LS1s are built and tunned through Rev Xtreme, you know your getting quality. I personaly would never allow any other place to work on my car, just take a quick peek in their shop to find 3 vettes, and 5 F-bodies and you'll know. That is at one time, LS1s getting their performance needs meet, some traveling far distances. :yup:

PS: If you are getting a dynotune for $395, chances are you car will not get the best tune, and those extra horsepower J. Formato works so hard to get out.

Kevin DiOssi--Rev Xtreme Member and Life Long Customer
Old 11-22-2004, 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

Thats pretty funny . You have to pay to play. In my opinion, you definately get what you pay for with Jeremy. He is genuinely interested in getting the most out of your car. To try to bargain with a guy like that is an insult. He spent damn near 4-5 hours trying to get more out of my Tahoe and has given more than a fair share of free advice as to what I should do to get more power out of it.
I went to jeremy after paying a sponser's tuner $500 for a tune. I couldnt give more than half throttle with out detonation and on top of that he locked the PCM so that no one else could fix his screwup. This after it took the guy near 8 weeks to get it to me. When I called to tell him, he pretty much said he would get to me when he could after I proved to him that I had what I said I had.
Jeremy drove with me to a buddy of his that had to reflash my PCM just so he could get started!! Sorry for the long post, but Jeremy went the extra mile for me and people that arent willing to pay a fair price for work simply dont get good work done. Leave it at that. Dont try to spread bullshit.
Old 11-22-2004, 02:58 PM
12 Second Club

Well i have no doubt that Jeremy is a good tuner but the WAY that DAN the Dip **** talks to someone that asks about prices I def would not go to REVXtreme. I mean come was an *** here is the exact emails for you guys to get the facts. I am not trying to whine or talk down prices at all!!!!

FIRST EMAIL SENT BY ME = How much do you guys charge for a dyno and tune. I have the STS kit that i need tuned!!

EMAIL SENT BY DAN = Our dynotuning is done by Jeremy Formato of Fasterproms (www.fasterproms.com/). It is $450, and it includes all the dyno usage (usually ~2-3 hours), and street tune as well. If you're interested in making an appointment, please give us a call. Thank you.

EMAIL SENT BY ME = what kind of software do you use? A person in tampa says that they use ls1edit and charge 395 for unlimited dyno!

EMAIL BY HIM = We use ls1edit as well. I have no control over the tuning prices, because that is done by Jeremy Formato. He is a very reputable tuner in the country. Just call Lingenfelter, and ask them. Good luck!

EMAIL BY ME = better prices = more business

EMAIL BY HIM = Thanks bud. I'll make sure to pass that info on to the tuner.

I welcome you to stop by and say hello. Maybe alittle friendly pass with my NA C5? Later bro.

EMAIL BY ME = cry about it dumb *** that is a way to get business i will be sure to put that on the FORUM!!!

EMAIL BY HIM = You got it man. If that's the case, your tune is free. Come on by.

EMAIL BY ME = nice try THANKS for nothing

THOSE ARE THE FACTS I WAS JUST TRYING TO GET SOME INFO AND HE HAD TO BE A DICK!!! IN NO WAY AM I TALKING ABOUT JEREMY I AM TALKING ABOUT DAN AND THE ******* STAFF AT REVXTREME!!!!!!!
Old 11-22-2004, 03:03 PM
On The Tree

Well there you have it. Maybe I read it wrong, but you seem to be the one with the attitude, and the name calling. I believe I'm the only person you were dealing with, so what's up with bashing my staff? Please understand that they are all car enthusiasts just like ourselves, and are members of the LS1 community.

But like I said, good luck with everything. We are here if you need it. Just make sure you set the record straight when it's all said and done. Thanks.

Last edited by C500HP; 11-22-2004 at 03:11 PM.
Old 11-22-2004, 03:12 PM
TECH Resident

Where in those emails did you see the staff being azzholes?
Old 11-22-2004, 03:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by musicmaker1586
Well i have no doubt that Jeremy is a good tuner but the WAY that DAN the Dip **** talks to someone that asks about prices I def would not go to REVXtreme. I mean come was an *** here is the exact emails for you guys to get the facts. I am not trying to whine or talk down prices at all!!!!

FIRST EMAIL SENT BY ME = How much do you guys charge for a dyno and tune. I have the STS kit that i need tuned!!

EMAIL SENT BY DAN = Our dynotuning is done by Jeremy Formato of Fasterproms (www.fasterproms.com/). It is $450, and it includes all the dyno usage (usually ~2-3 hours), and street tune as well. If you're interested in making an appointment, please give us a call. Thank you.

EMAIL SENT BY ME = what kind of software do you use? A person in tampa says that they use ls1edit and charge 395 for unlimited dyno!

EMAIL BY HIM = We use ls1edit as well. I have no control over the tuning prices, because that is done by Jeremy Formato. He is a very reputable tuner in the country. Just call Lingenfelter, and ask them. Good luck!

I welcome you to stop by and say hello. Maybe alittle friendly pass with my NA C5? Later bro.

EMAIL BY ME = cry about it dumb *** that is a way to get business i will be sure to put that on the FORUM!!!

EMAIL BY HIM = You got it man. If that's the case, your tune is free. Come on by.

THOSE ARE THE FACTS I WAS JUST TRYING TO GET SOME INFO AND HE HAD TO BE A DICK!!! IN NO WAY AM I TALKING ABOUT JEREMY I AM TALKING ABOUT DAN AND THE ******* STAFF AT REVXTREME!!!!!!!
Ok, you missed the most obvious part of the whole conversation. The price is determined by Jeremy and not the shop. So instead of running your mouth about the shop call Jeremy and bargin with him. If you need proof of his tallent and worth the price check the sig. I doubt you will see any other LS1 and cam combo pulling those numbers. Flaming a shop on pricing is such a waste of time.
Old 11-22-2004, 06:55 PM

I think there is more to this story than posted. I personally know Dan and Dino, the owners, and they will go out of their way to help anyone. Ive been at the shop untill 3 and 4 AM when they we all still there working on cars because the customer wanted it on the next day. We've had the dyno going untill 4 AM before. As was stated, They do NOT set the tuning price. The tuner they use does his own pricing. I wouldnt hesitate to go to RX for anything!
Old 11-22-2004, 07:23 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I really didn't mean to come off like an *** (if that was the way it was taken). I tend to find more humor in this than anything. I don't care if I'm a vendor or just another LS1 guy. Shoot, if you're going to get wise with me, you're going to get it right back. Business is business. I believe we offer a great value for the money. But all kidding aside, I'm just as much a LS1 nut as the next. I guess a little friendly smack talk just comes with the territory.

No hard feelings intended, or taken!
Old 11-22-2004, 08:04 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

WOW what a fiasco!! I ALWAYS quote $375.00 plus dyno time charge usually about $100. I think its fair and I would venture to say 95% of my customers think its agreat deal for the money. I put alot of time and effort into my tunes, I make sure each and every one is tuned to its best effeciency.
It wont be long before all our big dogs are up and running and i think RX will have the undisputed fastest street cars in the south.

Jeremy
Old 11-22-2004, 10:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Props to the gumba Jeremy and RX and the excellent staff who have bailed me out numerous times! I challenge to find a better staff?? Please name the shop? Maybe an equal but not better. I have seen these guys bend over backwards to make things happen for people. Hell Dan the "aZZhole" lent me his car since mine was down for a bit! Sound like an a-hole to you?????? He has fun with people that's his style of humor, hell he smack talks me and I think it's funny. I tend to bust his ***** more than he does mine thou!
Old 11-23-2004, 10:30 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Isn't it comical when someone posts a sob story and it gets turned around on them? He was very clear that his tuning was outsourced, and had a set price. Don't try and lowball him and then make a smartass reply when he tells you NO.

the "lower prices = more business" comment was childish.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:52 AM
TECH Veteran

Nice! I cant belive you actually posted the full conversation. Makes you look somewhat rediculous if you ask me. And then to come in here afterwards to be vindictive because you didnt get your way...pretty pathetic guy.
Old 11-23-2004, 10:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JeremyF
WOW what a fiasco!! I ALWAYS quote $375.00 plus dyno time charge usually about $100. I think its fair and I would venture to say 95% of my customers think its agreat deal for the money. I put alot of time and effort into my tunes, I make sure each and every one is tuned to its best effeciency.
It wont be long before all our big dogs are up and running and i think RX will have the undisputed fastest street cars in the south.

Jeremy
From the Man himself, enough said. Goodbye
Old 11-24-2004, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow, haggling tuning prices

Granted my tuner and I have negotiated a bit over big installs, hehe... But you get what you pay for. I know I could have been tuned elsewhere for a couple bucks less--but I love the way my car runs and idles perfectly. There is another semi local tuner and dear god, these cars can hardly hold an idle. You absolutely get what you pay for, and you may end up going to this other guy to save a couple dollars and depending on his experience, ESPECIALLY with F/I cars, end up with an inferior tune
Good Luck
Old 11-24-2004, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

What the hell lets cry over 50 bucks ! Just pay the price and get a good tune !
Old 12-06-2004, 09:51 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude the smartest thing you can currently do is send another email and apoligize for being a dumbass. Then take your car there and get it tuned by a EXTREEMLY good tuner.
Jeremy drives 2 hours 1 way just to tune for the local guys in Ft. Myers once a month and does a great job.
The guys at RevX do great work.
Price's are price's either put up or shut up.
Hell if I was Rev I would probally sent you a thankyou email for all the great feedback you have caused them to have.
Hell I would almost do your tune for free because 10 other people probally will tune their cars after hearing you bash them to death.

If I open a business can you complain about me as well.
Please.
I will buy you some cheese for your wine.

Quick Reply: Look At This From Revxtreme.com