LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Absolute Speed orders - post 'em here

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2005, 01:25 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,174 Likes on 763 Posts

Have you called the local non-emergency number for that address to ask them their thoughts?
Old 01-09-2005, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with you guys, I'm starting to get really close to giving up myself. I never thought I would, but after month after month goes by and when I get an update and I'm told "you'll get your heads next week" and next week comes and goes time after time it really starts to errode any sort of confidence or hope. I keep getting told they are being assembled but I feel like the information most of us are getting (what little there is) is just a delay tactic at this point. I'd like to not feel that way about it, but it sure looks that way.

I was told my heads were ready to be assembled some time around July or August, I just can't understand what takes so long to just put them together (aside from the REV valve shipment thing.) If I would've known all this would have happened I wouldn't have sent my heads back to him to rework obviously, but when I did send them back it seemed his business was doing great and he was awesome at returning emails. I used to talk to him via email at least every 3 months or so since I bought my heads for more than a year and he always got back to me. He offered several times to rework them for me since he had his new CNC program, so I decided to take him up on it, now it looks like I'm out $2400 - what I paid for a set of his Stage II LS6 heads 2 years ago. I just can't understand how someone I regarded SO HIGHLY in his craftsmanship, kindness and generosity got to this point. I truely am baffled.

I'd REALLY hate to do this, but does anyone think since we have so many people here that share a similar story that we would be able to pursue something like a class action law suit? Is there anything we can do? This whole situation sux on SO many levels.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:31 PM
TECH Resident

http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp
Old 01-09-2005, 06:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think all of us who is waiting for a product from him should get together, hire a attorney, and go after him. This is something that is illegal and he should pay for it. If anything, lets make him pay for what he has done.

At this point, this is the only thing I can think of as bringing some kind of justice to the situation. You know its bad when the moderator of this great web site can't even get him to do anything. Something is not right with Jay. He has or is planning on never looking back.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Here's his (past) information:

-Phone: 516-987-9392 (now disconnected)

Mailing address where I sent my check + heads:
805 South First Street
Ronkonkoma, NY 11779

His other mailing address:
8 Riviera Dr.
Mastic Beach, NY 11951

The shop that he uses (used?) is:
Pampena Motorsports
1743 Julia Goldbach Ave.
Ronkonkoma, NY
631-738-0303

Email addresses:
sales@absolutespeedls1.net
josephrunoj@aol.com

Paypal ID: sales@absolutespeed.net (linked to josephrunoj@aol.com)

There's several things we all should (and will) do, stated below in completely random order (thinking as I type):

- Someone here needs to collect and tally the $$ that we have paid to Jay without any product in return. This would need to include the value of any heads / etc. that was sent as cores/whatever.

- Everyone here needs to procure their proof of loss; that is, the cashed checks, proof of shipping (ie, UPS receipt w/ insured value), emails, etc. You will need physical evidence to support your claims.

- Contact the local Ronkonkoma / Mastic law enforcement agency and file complaints / charges. Anyone that has already done this, please post the name(s) & ph# you have spoken with. The rest of us should then talk only with this same person - this will achieve best continuity & realization of the LEO that this is more than just an isolated disgruntled customer. If no-one has done this yet, then collectively of all of us that have gotten screwed by him should do it "together" - the bigger the $$$ lost by all of us collectively should surely get some sort of notice by a law-enforcement official... as opposed to each of us filing individual smaller $$ claims. Otherwise, we will need to reference each-others' claims to establish the large-scale issue.

- Work with the LIFBA, and hopefully we can find someone that has recently seen / knows the whereabouts of Jay. Perhaps even offering a 'reward' might help someone in that local area provide us with a tip.

- Verify if he still lives / works at the address(es) we sent our payments to.

- Contact aol.com and find out what billing address is used for josephjruno@aol.com.... Or, is there a way for someone to look up a user's "public profile" info if you are an AOL member? (I dunno, I've never used AOL).

- Contact Paypal and obtain the contact information from his Paypal account. He is registered as a "verified premier member" which means his Paypal account is linked back to a confirmed bank account. Paypal's privacy policy is as follows:

(quote) "Disclosure to Other PayPal Customers
If you are a registered PayPal user, your name, e-mail address, date of sign-up, and whether you have verified control of a bank account are displayed to other PayPal customers whom you have paid or who are attempting to pay you through PayPal. If you are a Business account holder, we will also display to other PayPal customers the Web site address (URL) and customer service contact information that you provide us. However, your credit card number, bank account and other financial information will NEVER be revealed to anyone whom you have paid or who has paid you through PayPal, except with your express permission or if we are required to do so pursuant to a subpoena or other legal process." (endquote)

We could obtain this information from Paypal through legal action (subpoena), as stated in their last line.

- Contact USPS and file mail-fraud charges for anyone that mailed him payment / product.

- Contact the BBB and file complaint.

- Contact the Attorney General of NY and file a fraud complaint.

- Find / hire / reward someone in the Long Island area to physically GO AND SEE if Jay still lives / works at those old addresses. Perhaps recruit someone from LIFBA, law-officer, or a P.I.?

- Take him to small-claims court by initiating the filing paperwork in NY. Although, I think the amt $$ in possession of Jay will severely exceed the limits of small-claims court, which is fine, it just means its then submitted to big-boy court.

- Perform an intensive 'people search' online to find someone in the NY area that is related to him & go from there. (www.peoplefinder.com is a start with lots of links)

- File a complaint via the Internet Fraud link as stated above.

- Other ideas?

My brother is also an Attorney-at-Law, and I plan on speaking with him this week to understand what else we can do, and the order in which we should do it. I don't mind the free legal advice.

At a MINIMUM, we all should be doing the same things, talking with the same people, and filing the same complaints / charges. This will provide the greatest light on our issues & promote the quickest response from those we contact. Likewise, in order to do this, we need to communicate between each other (ie, in this thread or a brand-new thread) to know how the collective process is proceeding.

Sorry for the novel, but let's get our individual efforts organized into one collective, and start/continue with the appropriate measures.

And if by some twist of positive luck we all start getting our product (or $$) back from Jay in the short future, then we can all breathe a sigh of relief and smile again.... I, for one, still would like to see a happy ending to all of this and I haven't yet given up hope that my heads will still soon be arriving back on my doorstep. But in the event that they don't, then I (we) need to protect ourselves too.
Old 01-09-2005, 07:17 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Last post makes a lot of sense. I would definitely go at this in a more organized fashion. One of you should collect all the names, along with contact info and a description of what is outstanding. I'd contact the local non-emergency PD number and I guess ask for a detective and see what they can do. I would imagine that they would ask you to fill out a complaint and send over some documentation.

You could concurrently see about hiring someone to check the addresses and do some checking. Maybe the PD might suggest a cop who would do it after hours on an hourly basis.

I would think that the police could eventually contact Jay and make him aware of the complaints received. He might say that he's on this, and they might give him some room. But in that case you would need to find out how to serve him with court papers to appear in the court system. With the number of complaints, it's easily at a felony level. There's no doubt that to me, the courts would look at the 8-10 complaints and make Jay/his counsel comply by coming up with a refund program or something like that. It might take a while but I think you could successfully pursue him thru legal channels. I agree he has taken too long and you guys have been patient enuff.

My mother lives on LI I can ask her if she knows any attorneys if you want. But I would ask the LI PD first.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:06 PM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02RedHawk
Here's his (past) information:
Email addresses:
sales@absolutespeedls1.net
josephrunoj@aol.com

Paypal ID: sales@absolutespeed.net (linked to josephrunoj@aol.com)
Not to nitpick, but that Paypal email should be @absolutespeedls1.net like the email address mention above it... http://www.absolutespeed.net says "Female V is the Sexual Vitality Cream for women"
Old 01-09-2005, 08:50 PM
11 Second Club

Here's who to contact:

Suffolk County Police Department

If you sent money to the Ronkonkoma address, call:

5th Precinct (631) 854-8500

If you sent money to the Mastic address, call:

7th Precinct (631) 852-8700

You will need to file a Police Report and the Officer will indicate that it is a "Civil Matter" and then refer it to the appropriate court to seek relief.

If you are out of town, then have your local Police/Sheriff's Department contact the SCPD.. but bear in mind that you *must* file in Suffolk County, NY. Once you win, then you will contact Suffolk County Sheriff's Department Civil Bureau at (631) 852-8000 and they will advise you on how to collect on your judgement.
Old 01-09-2005, 09:15 PM
11 Second Club

Something you can casually bring up to the Officer taking the deposition:

Here's the Felony (10+ persons)

§ 190.65 Scheme to defraud in the first degree.

1. A person is guilty of a scheme to defraud in the first degree when
he: (a) engages in a scheme constituting a systematic ongoing course of
conduct with intent to defraud ten or more persons or to obtain property
from ten or more persons by false or fraudulent pretenses,
representations or promises, and so obtains property from one or more of
such persons; or (b) engages in a scheme constituting a systematic
ongoing course of conduct with intent to defraud more than one person or
to obtain property from more than one person by false or fraudulent
pretenses, representations or promises, and so obtains property with a
value in excess of one thousand dollars from one or more such persons.
2. In any prosecution under this section, it shall be necessary to
prove the identity of at least one person from whom the defendant so
obtained property, but it shall not be necessary to prove the identity
of any other intended victim.
Scheme to defraud in the first degree is a class E felony.

------------------

§ 190.60 Scheme to defraud in the second degree.

1. A person is guilty of a scheme to defraud in the second degree when
he engages in a scheme constituting a systematic ongoing course of
conduct with intent to defraud more than one person or to obtain
property from more than one person by false or fraudulent pretenses,
representations or promises, and so obtains property from one or more of
such persons.
2. In any prosecution under this section, it shall be necessary to
prove the identity of at least one person from whom the defendant so
obtained property, but it shall not be necessary to prove the identity
of any other intended victim.
Scheme to defraud in the second degree is a class A misdemeanor.

I'm not even gonna go into whether or not the person receiving all the affected peoples money on here has actually paid TAXES on the proceeds which are in dispute.. if not, then that would come under US Code- which have MUCH stricter consequences for tax evasion.
Old 01-10-2005, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well,

I'm personally glad to read all these replies. There are some very good ideas here, but I'm not sure what to start with. I'm also in a bit of a different situation as most since my last transaction from Jay was mostly word of mouth since he offered to redo the heads he did for me 2 years ago (although I believe I have all email transactions I could print out.) Since I paid for and received my heads over 2 years ago, I don't think I probably kept any of the receipts for that. Probably the only thing I can come up with is MAYBE the UPS receipt for when I sent my heads back to him in Feb. of 2004 to be redone.

I guess I'm stupid for not keeping everything related to this, I just never in a million years thought something like this would happen.

I know MTI 427 Roadster on here is from my area (Chicago) and he owns his own law firm or something. Maybe if one of us talked to him he would be interested in a case like this? I dunno just an idea.

In any case, I think we need to some how clearly define what course of action we all need to take so we are all doing the same things.

Last edited by JF WS6; 01-10-2005 at 11:41 AM.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:25 PM
Launching!

I am part of LIFBA and I saw Jay about a month ago. He actually had my car he installed the heads and cam. He said that he was trying to get everyones heads out but that he still hadn't had all the parts and what not. I haven't seen or heard from him since. I've talked to Mike m about Jay and he keeps saying that he's trying to get the heads out but since no one has received heads it's kind of hard to believe. I hope everyone gets their heads. It's not right some people have been waiting a real long time for product and I'll be truthful I was reading that someone still hasn't gotten their heads that they ordered in January of 04 well I ordered my heads in June of 04 and got my heads and cam at the end of November of 04 installed by Jay himself so I don't know what the hell is going on with him. I would take a ride out to his house but truthfully I could probably sit there for days without him coming home.

Sorry to everyone who hasn't gotten their product if I see or hear of him you guys will be the first to know.

Joe
Old 01-10-2005, 02:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ShadowZ28
I would take a ride out to his house but truthfully I could probably sit there for days without him coming home.

Sorry to everyone who hasn't gotten their product if I see or hear of him you guys will be the first to know.

Joe
That address would be helpful.
Old 01-10-2005, 02:48 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Joe, thanks for giving some input.

And Jay, if you are reading this thread, please come up with a plan to let people know what's going on otherwise you will be ruined to the end of time on all the GM boards. You will never be able to shake the folks who will just share their experiences. I hope that you are indeed trying to make stuff right and are working 24-7 to do that. If you need help finding deals on springs or valves let me know and I will do everything in my power to get you some aid.
Old 01-10-2005, 04:36 PM
Old Drag Racer

8 Riviera Dr.
Mastic Beach, NY 11951

This is where he lives supposedly according to what he told me when we first started our deal. When I sent him the money order he told me to make it payable to him personally and send it to his home address which was the above. I'm not sure anything he's said is the truth at this point though. I'd sure like for someone to personally talk to him and convince him to get his act together. I've heard more BS excuses that I've checked out and found to be false with this deal that anything else I've ever done in my life. I don't know what we can do to motivate this guy. Likewise, I don't know what we can do to get our money back from him. There's not a snowball's chance in Hell he still has any of our money to be able to refund it nor is he likely to get it in our lifetime. If he is sitting on some money it's probably in a Swiss bank account under an assumed name. I've been on lifba.com quite a bit trying to get someone to give him up and it appears someone finally came forwared. I want to at least thank them for that. Any ideas where we should go from here people???
Old 01-10-2005, 05:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Smokinstorm
Any ideas where we should go from here people???
Definitely we need to commulatively come together and figure out what to do so we are all working together on this. I'm sure there are others from other boards who aren't on LS1tech who don't have their heads either. We need to get them in on this too some how.

Originally Posted by ShadowZ28
I would take a ride out to his house but truthfully I could probably sit there for days without him coming home.
I dunno, maybe somebody needs to do that at this point. I mean I would just take my heads as they sit right now in pieces and put them together myself if he would send them to me. I wish somebody would just talk to him and get something worked out.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll start our consolidation.

For anyone awaiting product from Absolute Speed, please EMAIL me the following (DO NOT POST IT IN THIS THREAD):

- Your Full Name
- Your Home Address
- Your Phone Number
- Your Email Address
- Amount Paid to Jay (including the fair market value of any heads/parts sent in as cores, etc.)
- Product Ordered / items outstanding
- Date payment was CASHED
- Scanned image or photograph of evidence proving payment+parts were sent to Jay / cashed. "Proof of loss" is definitely required. (cashed check, UPS receipt, MO receipt, etc...)

I'll wait ~7-10 days for all of us to get me this information, and then start a new public thread here on ls1tech for us to continue the recourse. I will tabulate the total amt owed, product owed, and create a timetable on when everything was ordered. This will be the beginning of our 'evidence packet' that I will send to the appropriate persons in Suffolk County NY. I am sure that we all will need to contact the Police Dept individually, however we should do this *after* the initial person files a complaint & generates a case number for the rest of us to reference. This will keep us all 'grouped' together in a single large case.

In the meantime, we can start deciding the order in which to pursue the other legal/civil avenues. I will consult with my attorney (brother), and I suggest anyone else that has cheap/easy access to an attorney do the same, and then of course please post your findings.

Hopefully I didn't forget a key item in my little list above.

My email address is redhawk02@sbcglobal.net

- Mike Kutchey
($1250 + LS6 heads in Jay's possession since July....)
Old 01-11-2005, 12:59 AM
TECH Resident

email sent...
Old 01-11-2005, 12:47 PM
Launching!

Fortunately, I'vegotten out of this situation with the help of my CC company. Full refund. Kudos to them.

I just dropped back into this post to see how everyone else is making out, and I am saddened to see it worse. The web site gone. No way to call. And guys like Brian still waiting. It sure seems odd that some people are getting their items though, and NOT in the order of chronological order of purchase dates. That almost makes it sound like its becoming deliberate and personal. As if he's deliberately sticking it to certain people.

Anyways, my admiration goes to PSJ for keeping his nose in this.
Old 01-11-2005, 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Camaro ChriSS
Fortunately, I'vegotten out of this situation with the help of my CC company. Full refund. Kudos to them.

I just dropped back into this post to see how everyone else is making out, and I am saddened to see it worse. The web site gone. No way to call. And guys like Brian still waiting. It sure seems odd that some people are getting their items though, and NOT in the order of chronological order of purchase dates. That almost makes it sound like its becoming deliberate and personal. As if he's deliberately sticking it to certain people.

Anyways, my admiration goes to PSJ for keeping his nose in this.
WOW You posted this after Jay posted up a seperate post right under this one giving out his new cell phone #. good look.
Old 01-11-2005, 03:20 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Talk is cheap Mike,lets see if he realy does what he sez...These guys in some cases have been waiting a yr.For his sake I hope so,these guys are gonna take him to court if he doesnt make it rght...

FWIW
I do hope Jay does get it done..

Last edited by JS; 01-11-2005 at 04:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Absolute Speed orders - post 'em here