LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

My Experience W/ttp

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 06:33 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NJC6ZO6
I would't take my business there I've heard some other negitive things about TTP from friends who have had work done there. I was also told that there shop was a mess. I would be sick if there was a large scratch on my vehicle and greese on my seat. As for the other problems if they are so common why didn't TTP inform you of them before they started the work. I see they are a site sponser but they don't sound too professional.
This is just a useless post--notice it is post #1 too .I've heard bad things about every shop but most of the people had no fact on what sucked about the shop.As for a messy shop Come look at mine,it is a mess I confess, but I could charge alot more $$ to the customer's to hire someone to clean it up after every job
Old 03-11-2005, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im going to ttp for my exhaust job and im coming from Montreal, Quebec and trekking all the way down, if i have money to get a cam in a couple years or whatnot, ill be going to TTP, seem like great guys. I really dont think any sponsors are out to screw you around, the worst would be the customer service of some, but the work is always good.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NJC6ZO6
I would't take my business there I've heard some other negitive things about TTP from friends who have had work done there. I was also told that there shop was a mess. I would be sick if there was a large scratch on my vehicle and greese on my seat. As for the other problems if they are so common why didn't TTP inform you of them before they started the work. I see they are a site sponser but they don't sound too professional.
Hey if you think my shop is a mess i think i need to pay you $20 for tolls and gas to see it for yourself. Come up today its our dyno day we run a very clean tight shop. Even have a clean room "extra clean for engine building and tranny builds".Anyway i dont expect a response cause i know this is a troll name for someone, but if im wrong come up ill give you $20 and make your report..

george
Old 03-12-2005, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only thing I see TTP did in error was underestimate the amount of time it would take to complete your car. This is hardly unusual in the after market performance business. Notice that some shops quote a two to three week turn-around time for heads and cam packages. This is done because invariably issues arise.

Based on Matts response it looks like they went well above and beyond what was called for given the circumstances to make you happy.

Mark
Old 03-12-2005, 06:14 PM
TECH Veteran

My hats off to TTP for how they handeled this,what a lot of people that pay shops to install their parts dont realize is that if 3 F-body's come in wanting say a cam/springs/timing chain/oil pump, a lot of shops are going to drop the motor(well I would) well 1 car has a NOS kit that has to be disconnected from the harness/etc. 1 has a trans cooler and a pully that has been off once before that was not properly reinstalled, the other has aftermarket gauge clusters and other non factory wiring that has to be traced and disconnected, extra suspension componets, and on and on so you cant go strickly by a labor guide, you have to adjust for "real time" setbacks, when you modify from stock be ready to have to make more than 1 trip to get everything just right. A friend on here and I have done 20 + cam installs,plus untold amonts of headers,etc/etc. and every car is somewhat different when it comes to aftermarket performance parts. I think that TTP did all they could to make you happy, be glad they care and want to make you happy alot of places what tell you that aftermarket parts have no warranty and your own your own. "Rant off".
Old 03-12-2005, 08:06 PM
TECH Regular

TTP's shop is exceptionally clean and Matt seems to be a very nice,very well educated person. I personally observed him talking to and making time for every customer. I too would not be happy with scratches or grease on my interior, but I would be very appretiative of a shop owner willing to step up and make things right. It's sounds as if you went into the "deal" looking for anything to **** and moan about. JMO. I will not, nor would I judge you without personally knowing you. Please, the next time you "rant" make sure the shop/ shop manager completely treats you like a "dog". I do applaude your honesty in the commendations you gave Matt and his staff.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:05 AM
11 Second Club

I love working on and with cars but its people like the original poster that makes it too stressfull.Expectations on perfection and moded autos have no basis in reality.If an 8 year old part breaks on dissasembly I sure the hell won't pay for it,anybody knows swaybar links break when taking them apart when 2 years old.Mr. 97 vette needs to work on his own stuff but I doubt he can.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:53 AM
CT Hotness

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
This is just a useless post--notice it is post #1 too .I've heard bad things about every shop but most of the people had no fact on what sucked about the shop.As for a messy shop Come look at mine,it is a mess I confess, but I could charge alot more $$ to the customer's to hire someone to clean it up after every job

and as NJC6Z06 said, he "heard" whatever about ttp... why does everyone take what they hear as true? people should make their own opinions on things instead of just adopting others
Old 04-02-2005, 11:03 AM
Banned

NJC6Z06 Seems to just be a troll name.. 1 post. Anyone that has seen our new shop knows how we keep it. I'd rather not work in a sh!thole, thanks.

- Matt
Old 04-03-2005, 12:43 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TTPMatt
NJC6Z06 Seems to just be a troll name.. 1 post. Anyone that has seen our new shop knows how we keep it. I'd rather not work in a sh!thole, thanks.

- Matt

Yep, just someone being a *** hole.
I could probally guess who it was, as there are only 2 names bitching in this thread, and they probally know eachother or they are the same person.
Old 04-03-2005, 05:09 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Up until June 2004 , I was in the car customizing biz since 1984. I learned something that is a very valuable tool in customer relations. Before the customer leaves , walk out with them to their car and make a "checklist". Show the customer any obvious flaws in the paint or interior. Check all the electrical accessories(wipers, door locks, windows, radio , etc.) are working. Show them any obvious leaks or mechanical problems BEFORE you accept the keys to the car to work on it. Make them sign a work order stating the flaws found. Sure, this will take 15 minutes of your time , but it might just be the best 15 minutes you ever spent. It makes you look MORE professional and doesn't give the customer a leg to stand on if they pick up the car and come back screaming"Look what you did to my car!!!!!!!" They've signed a statement that says it was there BEFORE you ever touched it. If they don't want to go through the checklist , refuse to work on their car. That's a red flag! Try it out !
Old 04-03-2005, 10:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

OK. I would just like to post up say and Matt has always been professional, and taken the time to speak/work with me even after hours! We haven't always been able to "connect" so to speak on timing but I know we will eventually Matt.

As for your issues you have Maxmunboom, before you read this don't misunderstand. I think as a shop they take a certain responsibility, but only for actions within thier control. Most reputable shops will go over and above, which I think is the case here.

Allrighty then. These are mechanical machines. Nothing is ever routine, just like your fires I'm sure. You never know what's going on inside a burning building no matter what it looks like on the outside or people on scene are telling you, right? Ever have a fire take longer to put out than you thought when you got on site? Ever have someone feel that you (your Dept.) could have saved thier house/building and you were unable to? Sh_t happens beyond our control. I feel that Matt/George did everything in thier power/control and more to make you happy. They are to commended, imho

Lastly, the grease on the seat. Wipe it off for crying outloud! That thing has leather right? Your scratch,.....are you 100% positive it wasn't there? You can't be, imo. My wifes car was hit in a parking lot and cracked the front bumper cover. We didn't notice it until a couple of weeks later. I don't do a daily walk around of my vehicle, nor do I do it after I park it at the local IGA/or garage either.You may, I don't. Yes I keep my cars nice and do care but, if I was that worried I just wouldn't drive 'em. And don't get me going.......DUSTY??? Geesh, give me a break. My car has sat at the dealership outside waiting for parts for a couple of days before. I don't call them and say "Hey, I don't park it outside and niether should you! Now go pull that baby in the garage, and keep any leaves/dust/dirt off it" If you leave your car at the shop odds are they're gonna have to park it outside. jmo

Quick Reply: My Experience W/ttp