LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Good work done by Cartek

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 11:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good work done by Cartek

Just a brief post. I've been struggling with a 436 for the past couple of years (multiple prior threads). Finally bit the bullet, shipped the car to Cartek, built up a new 447 per new sig.

The result is phenomenal; 576rwhp, 536rwtq on PUMP GAS in a car which can handle stop and go traffic as well as a brisk run through the twisties. My goals were to build a very strong street car, tuned and built for corners and some road courses but which wasn't so radical that it couldn't be driven in town or to work.

The Cartek guys did a great job. The car pulls like a train, has reasonable manners (though nothing this strong is really docile nor all that easy to drive at low speeds) and totally fixed an oil consumption problem that my old 436 had in spades.

AND, despite four months in the shop, in the winter, in the North, it came home without a scratch.

Anyone looking for really strong, well though out work would do well to talk to these guys. It's really nice to get what you pay for.
Old 04-13-2005, 01:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

didnt the canda guys screw u around when u had it built the first time,i know of a 422 in birmingham with a blower that wouldnt make it out of the carrier when they got through with it also