LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Tsp

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Tsp

Did not deal with them directly, dealt with them through a performance shop, also a sponsor on here (TTP). No problems with TTP at all - they are not at fault with the mishap .. but TSP ...
They are out of catted ypipes that fit Pacesetter LT's. Great, they say they'll have more on Friday. Friday comes, nothing is shipped. They'll ship it out on Monday. Monday comes, of course nothing is shipped. It is Tuesday now, still nothiong is shipped. What the hell is wrong with you, TSP?

The whole reason why I even ordered these items, is because my cats are on their way out, and it makes no sense to spend the $ and end up with the stock stuff. So thought it might be better to spend the money on some goodies instead.

Now there's nothing that could be done - I have to take a 1,000+ mile trip on wednesday, in a car with cats that are on their way out.. It will be very pleasurable, if they decide to go south at the middle of I-80 on me.

I would like to know why you keep saying 'tomorrow, tomorrow' to TTP, when you have no idea yourself, obviously? I made the mistake of trusting TSP's reputation and believing the 'tomorrow' - otherwise I'd explore other options, such as custom fab'ing the ypipe, overnighting high flow cats from somewhere. Or something.

Completely unacceptable. And you definitely won't be getting my business again, both directly and indirectly.

==========================================
EDIT:
==========================================
For your viewing pleasure, so you dont have to scroll down.
It was a misunderstanding on my part, and I apologize to TSP. It was not their fault, and I really like to know how to change that thumbsdown to thumbsup.. I tried, and it didn't seem to change ?

NO problems with TSP

Last edited by firechicken2k; 05-03-2005 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:39 PM
Deranged Rat Fink

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've spent over 1k with TSP and it's been a good experience . Perhaps they're having supplier problems on getting the parts.If something's on backorder , that would be the root of the problem.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by badjuju342
I've spent over 1k with TSP and it's been a good experience . Perhaps they're having supplier problems on getting the parts.If something's on backorder , that would be the root of the problem.
I completely understand that might be the case. I wouldn't have any problem at all if they simply said "we dont have it, and we do not know when we will have it".

However, from my understanding, they've been feeding the "getting shipped tomorrow/friday/monday/some other day of the week" line to TTP. And never actually shipping anything.

If they simply were honest and said "we do not know when we will have it" I would explore other options. Now I am simply out of time.

Unreliable vendor.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:54 PM
Banned

They received a shipment of catbacks that should have included the y-pipes with it. However their supplier neglected to include the y-pipes. Yes it does suck that we were told Friday but unfortunately it is out of TSP's hands when they don't get their supplies. I understand, this happens all the time in the business there is no need to blame TSP.

- Matt
Old 05-03-2005, 01:56 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by firechicken2k
I completely understand that might be the case. I wouldn't have any problem at all if they simply said "we dont have it, and we do not know when we will have it".

However, from my understanding, they've been feeding the "getting shipped tomorrow/friday/monday/some other day of the week" line to TTP. And never actually shipping anything.

If they simply were honest and said "we do not know when we will have it" I would explore other options. Now I am simply out of time.

Unreliable vendor.

If getting the part is so important, why don't you just call them (TSP) and ask if they have them and what the deal is? Instead, you waste the time to post................. when you could have a solution instead. Why would'nt you just order from them (TSP) direct in the first place?
Old 05-03-2005, 02:04 PM
Banned

2c5s: We deal with TSP direct also. They are a great bunch of guys have bought numerous things from them actually. firechicken bought the parts from us to allow us to make some money on the parts (I still gave him the sale price that TSP has them listed for) and on the labor. People don't understand when you bring in your own parts it can create 2 'problems' -- 1) Liability for parts that customer provides and then a part does not work properly, etc. and 2nd reason - If you can give a shop the opportunity to make the little profit that there is in parts they can deal somewhat on the labor.

Most shops hate to see people bring boxes of parts in...
Old 05-03-2005, 02:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 2c5s
If getting the part is so important, why don't you just call them (TSP) and ask if they have them and what the deal is?
Because I don't see how their answer will differ. What does it matter if I call them, or if Matt calls them, or if you call them? What, they have a ypipe for you but not for Bob? Please.

Instead, you waste the time to post................. when you could have a solution instead.
If they were to deliver on their promise, there wouldnt be a problem. If they weren't 100% sure, they shouldn't have said they'll have it. I can't *have* a solution anymore because tomorrow morning I leave. When do you propose I have this "solution"? I would definitely *GET* a solution if TTP wasn't told repeatedly that it's getting shipped, it's getting shipped, it's getting shipped

Why wouldn't you just order from them (TSP) direct in the first place?
What the hell difference does it make who orders? Me directly, or me giving the $ to TTP and have them order it, so it gets shipped to them and I dont have to carry the parts from my house to TTP??

Matt, it may very well be out of TSP's hands.. it's fine. **** happens, and I understand completely. But how could it not be a problem, when they say "it will be shipped" and then not ship it? They didn't say "it may or may not be shipped" did they?
Old 05-03-2005, 02:14 PM
Banned

Matt over here just talked to Trevor @ TSP and they just got the y-pipes in. I PM'd ya firechicken and we'll see what happens from there.

- Matt
Old 05-03-2005, 02:15 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

We are a vendor, not a manufacturer. We relay what the manufacturer tells us on ship dates and thats all we can do, so you were probably told exactly what we were told. We rely on outside sources and when they can't deliver on time or components are missing our hands are tied until the manufacturer can make it right.

That being said a few Catted Y-pipes did come in this morning. BTW what happens when cats go bad, I've only seen them set DTC codes. One of my friends drove around 2 years like that.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by -Joseph-
We are a vendor, not a manufacturer. We relay what the manufacturer tells us on ship dates and thats all we can do, so you were probably told exactly what we were told. We rely on outside sources and when they can't deliver on time or components are missing our hands are tied until the manufacturer can make it right.

That being said a few Catted Y-pipes did come in this morning. BTW what happens when cats go bad, I've only seen them set DTC codes. One of my friends drove around 2 years like that.
On the previous car I had that had the cat go bad, I was getting roughly 4mpg with extremely sucky performance until I replaced the cat (next day). I won't get too far on that.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by -Joseph-
BTW what happens when cats go bad, I've only seen them set DTC codes.
Mine bit me one time and I had to have it put to sleep
Old 05-03-2005, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gomer
Old 05-03-2005, 02:36 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by gomer

LMAO................ exactly, it's no big thing.

I guess I'm used to doing things for myself. Including calling a vendor that "I think" is screwing me around and find out for myself instead of crying on a forum like a helpless biatch.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I guess I'm used to doing things for myself.
Then what are you doing on ls1tech, besides trolling in my thread? Go in your garage and be by your lone self. You don't need us. I can say I certainly don't need you.

Including calling a vendor that "I think" is screwing me around and find out for myself
Nobody screwed anybody. You must either have an extremely limited attention span, or serious comprehension problems. Scroll up, and read about the problem.

instead of crying on a forum like a helpless biatch.
Purpose of the forums is to discuss topics. ls1tech, being the advanced board that it is, is further divided into little areas, for more specific topics. Such as "External Engine". "Eastern Members". "Sponsor Feedback".
This particular "area", the one you are trolling, is for these posts. The feedback.

Now shoo. I think I hear your mother calling.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:47 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jason was the original salesperson that spoke with Matt at TTP when the order was placed. Jason said that he HOPED they would be in by Friday. However, we do not guarantee any delivery dates on parts that are not in stock. They were shipped to us via truck freight, so it's a waiting game until they show up. It is impossible to ship something that is not in our hands. We pass along information that is given to us from the manufacturer. Nothing is "wrong" with us. We are not in the business of lying to customers, and we pass along information as we receive it. It would be a different story if we made these in-house; that would give us some control over the situation. However, that is not feasible or cost-effective. It is your choice if you decide to not purchase anything from us, either directly or indirectly. We cannot ship something that is not in our hands. We pride ourselves in taking care of our customers and helping in any way possible, but that does not include being able to make parts get to us sooner when we have NO CONTROL over it.

I spoke with Matt at TTP earlier, and he is supposed to let me know if the catted y-pipe and O2 extensions are to still ship or not. Since they are now in stock, it would be guaranteed to ship this afternoon. I encourage you to give me a call at the number below if you have any other questions or concerns. I will be more than happy to discuss this further with you.

Trevor
Texas Speed & Performance

Originally Posted by firechicken2k
Did not deal with them directly, dealt with them through a performance shop, also a sponsor on here (TTP). No problems with TTP at all - they are not at fault with the mishap .. but TSP ...
They are out of catted ypipes that fit Pacesetter LT's. Great, they say they'll have more on Friday. Friday comes, nothing is shipped. They'll ship it out on Monday. Monday comes, of course nothing is shipped. It is Tuesday now, still nothiong is shipped. What the hell is wrong with you, TSP?

The whole reason why I even ordered these items, is because my cats are on their way out, and it makes no sense to spend the $ and end up with the stock stuff. So thought it might be better to spend the money on some goodies instead.

Now there's nothing that could be done - I have to take a 1,000+ mile trip on wednesday, in a car with cats that are on their way out.. It will be very pleasurable, if they decide to go south at the middle of I-80 on me.

I would like to know why you keep saying 'tomorrow, tomorrow' to TTP, when you have no idea yourself, obviously? I made the mistake of trusting TSP's reputation and believing the 'tomorrow' - otherwise I'd explore other options, such as custom fab'ing the ypipe, overnighting high flow cats from somewhere. Or something.

Completely unacceptable. And you definitely won't be getting my business again, both directly and indirectly.

Old 05-03-2005, 02:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Trevor @ Texas Speed & Perf.
Jason was the original salesperson that spoke with Matt at TTP when the order was placed. Jason said that he HOPED they would be in by Friday. However, we do not guarantee any delivery dates on parts that are not in stock. They were shipped to us via truck freight, so it's a waiting game until they show up. It is impossible to ship something that is not in our hands. We pass along information that is given to us from the manufacturer. Nothing is "wrong" with us. We are not in the business of lying to customers, and we pass along information as we receive it. It would be a different story if we made these in-house; that would give us some control over the situation. However, that is not feasible or cost-effective. It is your choice if you decide to not purchase anything from us, either directly or indirectly. We cannot ship something that is not in our hands. We pride ourselves in taking care of our customers and helping in any way possible, but that does not include being able to make parts get to us sooner when we have NO CONTROL over it.

I spoke with Matt at TTP earlier, and he is supposed to let me know if the catted y-pipe and O2 extensions are to still ship or not. Since they are now in stock, it would be guaranteed to ship this afternoon. I encourage you to give me a call at the number below if you have any other questions or concerns. I will be more than happy to discuss this further with you.

Trevor
Ship it, ship it, ship it

And I apologize if I came off harsh, TSP
Was a misunderstanding on my part
Old 05-03-2005, 03:08 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

no problem It will leave this afternoon via UPS Next-Day Air. I appreciate the apology. I encourage customers to contact us with any questions or concerns. One harsh post from a misunderstanding can negatively affect our business.

Trevor
Old 05-03-2005, 03:10 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

I by no means have spent an absured amount of money at TSP, but I have spent plenty more than yourself, and I had no problems with TSP directly. We had issues with me being in Canada, and customs holding my parcels for OVER a month at the border, and then letting one go through, then letting the second one go through a week later. They were more than helpful in trying to help me locate the missing parcels, and I knew it wasnt their fault. I would always buy from them again, and they have answered any and all questions relating directly or indirectly to the parts or any performance parts.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Trevor @ Texas Speed & Perf.
no problem It will leave this afternoon via UPS Next-Day Air. I appreciate the apology. I encourage customers to contact us with any questions or concerns. One harsh post from a misunderstanding can negatively affect our business.

Trevor
TSP, changed the thread to thumbs-up rather than thumbsdown
Sorry for misunderstanding, I guess my nerves are in bad shape because of all this. It is an important trip.

EDIT: Hm.. can't change the thumbsdown to thumbsup? Strange

Last edited by firechicken2k; 05-03-2005 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 03:19 PM
10 Second Club

[QUOTE=firechicken2k

And I apologize if I came off harsh, TSP
Was a misunderstanding on my part[/QUOTE]

You came off harsh, lazy and not very bright. After Trevors explanation, sounds it was not TSP's fault at all was it. Have a nice trip.... hope your cats don't go out

Quick Reply: Tsp