LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Freakin Mad With Futral Motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005 | 11:29 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

I think that a lot of folks want to talk to Alan about cams, and he's usually in the back building engines.
Old 05-23-2005 | 11:31 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
I think that a lot of folks want to talk to Alan about cams, and he's usually in the back building engines.
So how are we supposed to buy a cam from him if we can't ever talk to him about them?

PS. didn't mean to hijack the thread.
Old 05-24-2005 | 02:49 AM
Deranged Rat Fink

Ya know , this is the only thread I've ever seen that had anything negative to say about FMS since I've been on here. That speaks volumes in itself.
Old 05-24-2005 | 07:50 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by badjuju342
Ya know , this is the only thread I've ever seen that had anything negative to say about FMS since I've been on here. That speaks volumes in itself.
there were more threads on the same issue's that were deleted.i had issue's with customer service. hope they get someone in there to help out. seems to me that they are overwhelmed.
Old 05-24-2005 | 07:54 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John

I've tried numerous times to talk to him about a cam for my 408 and 346. They say he'll call back..... he NEVER does. Oh well, I'm not going to kiss anyone's azz for the "privilege' of buying parts from them.
Old 05-24-2005 | 09:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thats why I went somewhere else. It took me 3 weeks to get a response back then I was ready to buy a SR 408 with him but couldnt get a response. I ordered somewhere else and then a month later I get a response finally. I would have used Allan too.

That is inherently the problem with one man operations. The guys with the knowledge and smarts spend time building so they dont have a huge back log but that hurts communication with new customers.
Old 05-24-2005 | 09:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Candy can answer a lot of your cam questions. Unfortunately Allan's shelf cams are those specs for a reason, so unless you really want to change them up or get a whole custom grind, Candy can probably help you out.

Futral lost their help, and hired one w/in 2 weeks(its not always easy to find good help) and should be starting today. This should really help out with the workload and should allow many more calls to be answered once they settle into their new job.

Yes, its unfortunate that its sometimes difficult to get in touch with them. But this isn't Walmart, its the speed industry. Things take time, so if you aren't willing to wait for the best, you may not get the best. That goes for any shop. You have to remember Thunder and TSP have a shop FULL of folks helping them.
Old 05-24-2005 | 09:24 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder
20 Year Member

Well it seems that the originator of this thread created the lag by not having the funds in checking account, but instead had them in the savings account. If that is the case how can you blame the shop.
Old 05-24-2005 | 09:57 AM
12 Second Club

If you can understand how a smaller *key word, smaller* successfull business works then you should understand that people are rarely "on tap" to answer questions. Thats just how it works.. yeah sometimes it sucks but what can you do.

Maybe Allan and Candy can maybe start putting together a "FAQ" or "Recommendations" post for LS1tech.... cam suggestions, engine combos, etc. That way Allan can concentrate on sticking to the grind *building motors, etc* and people can get some Qs answered.

How bout' it?
Old 05-24-2005 | 11:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Default Fms

Allen has been great at returning my PM's. He even followed up with me via PM to see if I had any questions or needed any further help. That went a long way in my book.

Thanks you Allen I do appreciate it....
Old 05-24-2005 | 11:37 AM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

I haven't sent Allan any PMs, but he and Candy have been good about returning email. Their call backs are not always immediate, but they rarely forget to reply. I'm happy with them.
Originally Posted by Taphee6
Allen has been great at returning my PM's. He even followed up with me via PM to see if I had any questions or needed any further help. That went a long way in my book.

Thanks you Allen I do appreciate it....
Old 05-24-2005 | 11:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Avengeance

Maybe Allan and Candy can maybe start putting together a "FAQ" or "Recommendations" post for LS1tech.... cam suggestions, engine combos, etc. That way Allan can concentrate on sticking to the grind *building motors, etc* and people can get some Qs answered.

How bout' it?
That FAQ is already here for the most part... just search around, tons of info on the FMS grinds on this site, amongst other suggestions with engine combo's and so on.

You've got to remember that he does build motors, work on cars, do installs, tuning, dynos, etc by his self at the shop. He couldn't get a thing done if he was anwsering the regular ol' should i get the FXX or the FXX every 5 minutes...

Give Candy some credit too, just because she anwsers the phones does not mean she doesn't know what she is talking about.
Old 05-24-2005 | 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bickelfirebird
I haven't sent Allan any PMs, but he and Candy have been good about returning email. Their call backs are not always immediate, but they rarely forget to reply. I'm happy with them.
I spoke with Candy on the phone about a cam, and emailed Allan the same questions. Allan replied to my original email, and my reply to his. Good help is hard to find these days. I was happy with the response I got.

Bruce
Old 05-24-2005 | 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by cyphur_traq
Futral actually has outstanding customer service, this should be resolved rather quickly.
Nothing against FMS but APE had great customer service as well as Patriot. I I, as well as many others, got the shaft by both of those sponsors. CS isn't everything...
Old 05-24-2005 | 01:58 PM
FormerVendor

Patriot has never had great customer service UNLESS you consider giving the RIGHT part to the customer after the WRONG one broke great customer service....FMS and APE shouldnt even be mentioned in the same sentance......

Originally Posted by v8maro
Nothing against FMS but APE had great customer service as well as Patriot. I I, as well as many others, got the shaft by both of those sponsors. CS isn't everything...
Old 05-24-2005 | 02:04 PM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

I just spoke with Candy about picking-up my car, and this dispute, and it seems clear that there are defintely two differing sides to this discussion.
Old 05-24-2005 | 02:54 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Brandon
That FAQ is already here for the most part... just search around, tons of info on the FMS grinds on this site, amongst other suggestions with engine combo's and so on.
I understand what youre saying but some people want to hear it straight from the builder himself, know what I mean? Theres a ton of info on this site, and most of it is usefull, but like I said a lot of people would like to hear the opinion of the person (people *Candy*) that actually put the stuff together, in most cases the word from the builder is worth 10xs more then what "so-&-so" said. Theres really nothing wrong with that and maybe a FAQ specifically from Futral would be great... for both consumers and Futral as a company.
Old 05-24-2005 | 04:24 PM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

I admit it's difficult getting Allan on the phone, but when you consider that he does the work and generates the revenue, you can appreciate his need to focus on twisting wrenches and not on admin stuff. But they would benefit from a fulltime parts guy.
Old 05-24-2005 | 10:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

To be honest, you want some kickass FMS advice? Post up a question calling out Damian(thats his user name). I've spoken to Candy and Allan a bunch about my cam, but that was over a time period of 6 months.

If you need an answer to a question, call and leave a message, send them a PM, or shoot them an email. They can't always answer a phone, but Candy DOES spend a good portion of her day answering questions online and returning calls.

They have hired new help to answer phones and help out around the shop so things should start getting a little less clogged up around there.

Do any other sponsors have a FAQ about their cams? I've gotten a busy signal/no answer just as many times @ Thunder and TSP as any other shop but nobody really complains about them. Its b/c the demand on FMS is just as much as those two shops, but with 1/5 of the personnel at best.
Old 05-24-2005 | 10:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well said Travis. There are plenty of shops/sponsors that I've called and had to wait a few times to get ahold of...