LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Racetech Speed & Performance problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 06:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Racetech Speed & Performance problems

I hate to do this but I am a bit dissapointed
this is the story from my part, I ordered a forged block from Racetech and made a deal with Terry, I informed him that I needed the block within a month at the latest and he agreed that it could probably take about 3 weeks. this has been 6 weeks ago. so I have been waiting and waiting for the block to get here and nothing. I have called Terry and left various voicemails and also PM him on the 15th of July. now I know he was online Yesterday at 7:39pm and posted a message on the board yet cant get the time to call me and tell me were is the block I ordered. I think It has been plenty of time for him to respond before I wrote this. I also sent them an email via their web page telling that I will give them untill wednesday to get my block in the mail or I will call the CC company and follow the steps to get what I payed and the block I sent to them, I have a gut feeling that something is wrong and Im about to get screwed because I have not gotten a call back from them and I dont see them on the bord as SPONSORS anymore. So RACETECH if you read this call me, you got my number and there is a PM for you. I need to get this resolved. I am not even sure this is a problem but I sure feel like once I payed the money and gave all I need to give to get this block built I got put on the side.
call me
David
This Sucks People!!!!!!!!!!!!! major
Old 07-18-2005, 08:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

anyone have anything to say? Im looking for some input...whats is going on with this company if any thing at all???
please post up if you have a comment or an opinion of what has happened so far. thanks
David
Old 07-18-2005, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I am up and running,your shortblock is finished.I have to carry it to the shipping company.
Old 07-18-2005, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Terry,
is there something wrong with your phone?
I was worried that I was going to get hosed. I did not mean for this to be a bashing thing, you know what I mean, I hope you understand where I am coming from, was really impressed with how the tranasaction started, but things started getting difficult from my end of the spectrum. please keep me posted as to when you send me the block and the other parts.
thanks
David
Old 07-22-2005, 08:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Terry
I tried calling you at about 1900 today to ask you if you shipped the block as you said you were going to take it today to the shipping company. please reply via Pm/phone or email with the confirmation number
thanks
David
Old 07-25-2005, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Terry Wilks
Where is the engine that I order? I have been waiting for the engine for a long time now, You have told me that the engine was already built and ready to ship on friday July 22, I am very pissed off that you have not even answered my PM's and Phone calls, what is the deal now. I defenetly think that this is bad customer service, I already paid for the product and gave enough time to be delivered, Call me asap.

For everyone else. I think this is BS since I was treated awsome at first and now that Terry has the money, its ok to not answer the customer. I would think twice about ordering again from this sponsor.
David
Old 07-25-2005, 05:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

everyone looking
Suposedly there was Family Problems interfering with the delivery of the engine, I have sent Terry Wilks 4 PM's that have not even been read. I think that even though there are personal problems, there is other people that can pick up what he is responsible for//// I dont know the shop and never been there, I find it hard to believe that its a one man shop.
Still I have not gotten a product that I paid for, I may be over reacting but I talked to Terry at the beguining and he knew that I needed the engine as soon as possible. one month at the latest. Still it has been more than 8 weeks, the engine is "finished" but haven't had time to take it to the delivery place.....you all follow?
David
Old 07-25-2005, 11:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

David,
I have explained the situation to you in a pm.You will have the engine to install this weekend.Like I said before,I am sorry for the delay,the circumstances were beyond my control.
Old 07-29-2005, 09:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Terry
I received your PM saying that you shipped the engine and that you would PM me with the air bill number. I have been trying to contact you via phone and have been unsuccesful. can you please give me a call tonight at what ever time. I need to get the confirmation to track it down and see when its getting here. I tried calling the company today and they were unable to locate any orders shipping from birmingham,
thanks a lot
David
Old 07-30-2005, 10:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

oK
I have been trying to contact you all day today. and last night.
I called the company to ask about the shipment and nothing comes up....did you actually send the engine like you told me you did????????
I am about to explode here....where the heck is my engine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

People:
Hold on on buying from RACETECH unless you want your stuff 2 months after you paid for everything in the order....this is BS if you ask anybody....

contact me ASAP
David
Old 07-30-2005, 02:49 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here we go again...
Old 07-30-2005, 04:10 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,217 Likes on 777 Posts

Any updates? Terry has the engine shipped?
Old 07-30-2005, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Any updates? Terry has the engine shipped?

My wife carried the short block to the frieght company.I called the dock where it was dropped off,they are not open.I will find out 1st moday on what is going on.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QuickT-A
here we go again...
Thats what I was thinking. I just hope when he gets it that its not going to be bad. Im not trying to cut you down Terry, but Im not sure I would consider ordering something from you & I live 30mins away. Now get on the ball & get this man his engine.
Old 08-01-2005, 08:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Z'mnypit
Thats what I was thinking. I just hope when he gets it that its not going to be bad. Im not trying to cut you down Terry, but Im not sure I would consider ordering something from you & I live 30mins away. Now get on the ball & get this man his engine.
FYI, I did not send out any bad parts ( heads,ect...).That story has nothing to do with this short block.As I said earlier,I will get the shipping straight today.
Old 08-04-2005, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I received the engine on Wednesday...it was shipped on Monday morning.
the engine looks good. I got aside from the engine the studs and HS rockers as well. I did not open the engine to check for the stuff I got. I feel that if somethings goes wrong later and I need to open it, I can see then. I did check for the lifters and they were installed.....seems to be a nice work/
thanks for reading
David
Old 08-04-2005, 03:51 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Terry@RacetechSpeed
FYI, I did not send out any bad parts ( heads,ect...).That story has nothing to do with this short block.As I said earlier,I will get the shipping straight today.
I wasnt even reffering to that! What do they say though? "The quilty dog barks first" I was just saying that I hope that you didnt try to rush things then him get his engine & it be half ***!

On a side note glad to see that you finally got your short block!
Old 08-07-2005, 07:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So Racetech isnt a sponsor anymore? You still in business terry?
Old 08-07-2005, 08:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yes, I'm still working.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok everything got here on a wednesday 3 2005. I did not get the head gaskets I ordered on time. so I went ahead and put on the ones that I had 6.0 head gaskets. I put the motor together and fired right up on the first try after priming the oil with the fuel disengaged, the car is running strong and Im driving it to work already. I am going to dyno it soon at RPM and see what it performes like.
I will take the valve covers off at 100 miles to check if the harland sharp rockers are hitting the covers. then if they are I will remove them and install the stockers untill I get a set of spacers or taller valve covers.
the engine is keeping the oil pressure at about 58 while cruising at 3k RPM and 40 at idle. it goes all the way to 70 at WOT, this is good becuase I had bad oil pressure before the build.
Terry assembled the oild pump, timing chain and valey cover as well as the crank pulley. thanks for all the help and lets hope that the engine last me for another 110 K miles. (the heads that patriot send me were used in the motor and they had the REV valves on it since I did not want the ones they manufacture)
wish me luck with the car and hope to see you around...
cheers
David

Quick Reply: Racetech Speed & Performance problems