LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

PTS Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 09:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default PTS Review

It's been a hell of a ride, and I feel a sponsor review is in order. Many users here might be considering their (PTS) LS1 Turbo Kit and should research quite a bit before making this kind of a purchase. When I was researching PTK, I couldn't find much. I was worried, but I couldn't find another kit at the time that combined tubular turbo headers, AC retention, no battery relocation, and no pipes running under the K-member. The price was a big decision I had to make... I'm married and I had to justify spending $7k to my wife... it wasn't easy, I still haven't figured out how I will make it up to her. I called Forced Inductions and purchased my PTK LS1 kit. The turbo and fuel upgrades were purchased from Forced Inductions, so I will not review them at this time. This review will consist of the parts from Pro Turbo Systems, because I have all the parts from PTS. I am still waiting for parts from Forced Inductions. I made the purchase on the 13th of May, 2005... Fast forward to the present...

PTS REVIEW:

Reputation: I first started trying to find a decent, unbiased sponsor review. I found none. On TurboMustangs.com, I found two. Both were riddled with problems... Mainly, delivery dates. I would have given up if it wasn't for the lack of a comparable kit on the market. Their reputation, however, for quality was well-deserved though. Though not fully responsible, I'm sure some of their delivery delays are due in part by a meticulously intricate design process.

Price: Well, they were (May, 2005) the most expensive turbo kit for an LS1 F-body, even now I think. EDIT TTI Race and Speed Inc Kits are more (thanks Dave)

Product Quality: Top-notch, easily the best turbo kit out, IMO.

Transaction policy: Total must be paid up-front.

Delivery: From the start, I was told I would receive everything in three months (by Jose from Forced Inductions, not Dalton from PTS). I recieved my product 95% complete in early October, 100% by late October. There were delays obviously.

Customer Service: In spite of the delays, I felt very secure with my purchase due to the availability and cooperative nature of my contact: Dalton. Dalton would pick up the phone in one ring. If he was not available, which was rare, he would call me back in the same day. NO BS, he would walk the path with me every step of the way. He would never make excuses, feed me a "payday," or make a sugarcoated and unrealistic promise (you know, to keep mouth chewing on something appealing), e.g. Telling me soon when it wasn't soon, etc. What he would tell me wasn't easy to hear sometimes... for example, a far off deadline or delivery date, etc. However, the informaiton I did get from him was DEAD on right. I felt upated, even if in miniscule intervals, every step of the way. I NEVER felt the run-around... Things weren't as fast as I would have liked, but Dalton's honesty is 100% of the highest quality. I'm sure his honesty makes some people upset sometimes (some people would rather be told what they want to hear, even if it isn't true), but it is exactly what I like. If something's gonna take too long for one reason or another, I want to hear it, as-is, not "we're working on it" or "soon" or similar trite and empty promises. The value of Dalton in taking care of customers the right way seems to me unimproveable. There are things that might need to change within PTS, but it is NOT Customer Service, thanks to the professionalism of Dalton. His service, frankness, and integrity made an impression on me while I was frustrated during the delivery delays. He made the process worthwhile. 100% follow-through on everything he told me.

Future purchase: Yes.

I hope this review helps... please add comments that contribute or ask questions I'd be happy to answer.

Last edited by bboyferal; 11-16-2005 at 04:40 PM.
Old 11-16-2005, 03:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

I bought the second LS1 kit they made (still was in the R&D phase) and agree with most of your comments. Dalton was very up front and honest. He even helped me out with shipping the kit after I sold it ( for no reason other than helping me out) for free!!!!! I would definatly buy from them again!!!

One minor correction-----Price wise for production kits, the TTi race kit and speed inc kits are both more expensive.

Again Good review and good luck with your set-up!!

Later,
Dave
Old 11-16-2005, 04:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by SUPER DAVES Z
I bought the second LS1 kit they made (still was in the R&D phase) and agree with most of your comments. Dalton was very up front and honest. He even helped me out with shipping the kit after I sold it ( for no reason other than helping me out) for free!!!!! I would definatly buy from them again!!!

One minor correction-----Price wise for production kits, the TTi race kit and speed inc kits are both more expensive.

Again Good review and good luck with your set-up!!

Later,
Dave
I know... but I did say "I think..."

...and yeah, I enjoyed talking to him very much. I'll definitely call him again soon to tell him about my set-up once it's done. I'm not surprised he did that whole shipping bit for you at all. Of course, that's not to say it's to be expected but, rather, appreciated... Cool ****.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:00 PM
On The Tree

Thanks both of you guys, The company is anything with out the customers.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:18 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Alcides, glad to work with you broh, please let us know how it goes. We are always wanting to hear more from our customers.

Jose
Old 11-24-2005, 10:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Heh. Heh... From what I hear, we'll find out real soon.

Quick Reply: PTS Review