LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Not thrilled with Hardcore Motorsports.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 09:53 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not thrilled with Hardcore Motorsports.

First off, I'll say they have good customer service over the phone... After that I can't say another positive thing about them.
I had them do a H/C swap with customer supplied parts and was taken to the cleaners by them. Over $3k in labor alone and nowhere near the price quoted over the phone before I brought the car in. And they added some parts I never authorized. Not to mention their quality control was almost nonexistent, like not putting on a single hose clamp properly.
To top it off, they pimped a cam on me that I never wanted because my car was tying up their shop. They didn't want to wait a couple days for a new cam from TSP because the origial one with my kit didn't have enough P to V clearance. Strange considering, TSP has put that same combo on many cars with no problems.

I got all my parts through TSP and have nothing but positive things to say about them. I only wished I had waited till this spring and I could have taken my car down to them to have the work done.

Last edited by Ryan'sSS; 12-28-2005 at 10:57 AM.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Did you contact them about your dissatisfaction with the installation? Did they offer you any solutions?
Old 12-28-2005, 06:49 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What did they actually supply that you didn't approve?Just looking for the full story because I've run across customer supplied installs and they miss alot of stuff that is needed and I always charge more if the customer supplies the parts.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea your going to need to be more detailed as to what your problems are with Hardcore, actually i think you are the frist person i have ever see post here about having work done there
Old 12-28-2005, 07:01 PM
TECH Regular

Yes I did, and they had me bring it back in and they still didn't fix all of the problems. On the return trip home it lost all the power steering, my dad pulled over to find that the hose for the steering came off and had sprayed fluid all over the engine and belts. After hearing that I said F-that and had my dad put it back in storage until I get back. I havent even had a chance to go over the car yet. But I will when I get back in March and call them again with all the **** I find wrong with it, which I am sure there will be more.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Ryan'sSS
Yes I did, and they had me bring it back in and they still didn't fix all of the problems. On the return trip home it lost all the power steering, my dad pulled over to find that the hose for the steering came off and had sprayed fluid all over the engine and belts. After hearing that I said F-that and had my dad put it back in storage until I get back. I havent even had a chance to go over the car yet. But I will when I get back in March and call them again with all the **** I find wrong with it, which I am sure there will be more.
I wouldnt wait until March. The longer you wait on this the harder its going to be to get any kind of resolution for your problems.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:51 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Slowhawk
What did they actually supply that you didn't approve?Just looking for the full story because I've run across customer supplied installs and they miss alot of stuff that is needed and I always charge more if the customer supplies the parts.
ARP head bolts, which wouldn't have been a big issue if I had asked for them. And O2 sims, which was a big issue with me because I know that those could be removed with LS1 edit. Which brings up another problem. I had asked them to return the Predator tuner to stock becuase I had that sold. They didn't do that and ended up tuning my car with it for the mere price of $550.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:09 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by maddboost
I wouldnt wait until March. The longer you wait on this the harder its going to be to get any kind of resolution for your problems.
Can't really do anything about it right now. I'm in the Military in San Diego and my car is in Michigan in storage. Even if I could get time off, I can't afford a plane ticket home after paying for the bill.
And not to mention, the work was completed in Oct. It's tough when you call and get a quote for $2100 insatlled and tuned (calling them and telling them what parts you were gonna order and needed installed) and buget for that much and when you get the bill it's $4100. I did want them to add on a Tach, which I got through them but was more than a little surprised at the $150 install price on top of the $250 purchase price.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:41 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by thechef
yea your going to need to be more detailed as to what your problems are with Hardcore, actually i think you are the frist person i have ever see post here about having work done there
The problem I have with them is that they did sub-par work and charged way more than they originally quoted on the phone. I guess I'm ignorant to the game, give them one price on the phone and then hit them when they bring the car in.
Right, wrong, or other wise they wouldn't install the cam I got through TSP. And after a couple of days of working with Jason (TSP), he was gonna send a different cam up, but no my car was holding up a bay and they had to get it out of there. Even though it had been there almost a month prior to this. So I finally gave into their **** and had them install a cam that they so conveniently had in stock. One that they promised would give similar results. Turns out that their 224/224 cam pushed out 407rwhp, I guess that is similar to TSP's 233/239 cam.
To top it off, I called while it was on the dyno and was told it was seeing 450 rwhp. So I was more than a little shocked when I saw the final results.
So with the price of parts and install, I spent about $100 a hp.
I have a list of little **** that they messed up. From not properly connecting any hoses, to not even toping off the radiator, and not replacing the rear O2's or putting plugs in the y-pipe. And the list goes on and on. It's a 200 mile drive one way to the shop from my dad's house and I'm not gonna keep paying for gas and expect him to play middle man trying to get my car squared away. If they want to charge so freaking much they could at least not leave so many lose ends.
Old 01-04-2006, 12:25 AM
TECH Regular

Ohh, forgot to add. They would not fly cut the pistons to get the required PTV clearance for my cam, but they were offering to slap a set of forged ones in for $2200.
Old 01-04-2006, 11:01 AM
TECH Regular

Bent would be more fitting.
Old 01-06-2006, 03:52 AM
On The Tree

It's a shame but no matter who you deal with anymore you gotta be damn carefull! It's almost like you MUST do an official contract for the work spelling out each step specifically and the desired outcome, then both parties sign it. Most of the complaints in this section are infrequent occurences spread out between many positive experiences with the business, then everyone thats not been bent over by that business jumps on your **** for even suggesting that their wonder companies might have put it to someone.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:17 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah, agreed.
But I also think if I had been a member of the site and they knew it, they probably would have treated me better.
But the worse part of it was, every time I called them with questions they would give some bull **** answer I guess assuming I was some sort of an idiot.
So all in all, they ended up padding my bill, did a sloppy job, and gave bull **** answers to my questions.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:45 PM
TECH Regular

Almost been a month and they still haven't said anything..
Old 01-25-2006, 08:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Some of the guys from Hardcore do post on this board maybe you can private message them just to let them know about this thread. That might get you some kind of response.

Heres on of them https://ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?userid=55588 .
Old 01-26-2006, 12:41 PM
TECH Resident

that sucks man. What all was done for 3000 dollars in labor?
Old 01-26-2006, 12:55 PM
TECH Resident

$3k in labor for H/C swap! Hopefully someone from Hardcore gets in here and works this out with you! I know there is a rep on here from Hardcore, I was reading his posts yesterday. Good luck!
Old 01-31-2006, 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

I get the impression that they don't mind a little tarnish on thier name..
Old 02-03-2006, 09:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

that sucks that is why i do all of my work myself. i hate to be screwed. thank go for ls1tech. i have done my own heads and cam, rear, etc.. good luck man. why do shops feel they have to bullshit people. i cant stand that. just tell me what it will be straight up. i kno there are two sides to the story, but. quality work is quality work. u should leave exactly the way you came in , but faster
Old 02-03-2006, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

that sucks man. you should file a lawsuit when you get back. sucks that it takes a bad experience like that to steer the rest of us away from a bad shop.

Quick Reply: Not thrilled with Hardcore Motorsports.