LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Speed Inc and wolfe

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2006, 01:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Speed Inc and wolfe

I ordered my roll bar at the beginning of Feb thru Speed Inc. I paid in full the same day. They informed me that it usually ships within 4 weeks with up to 6 weeks at most. After 7 weeks I call back and they respond "well wait two more weeks". Well here it is now more than 11+ weeks and no cage. Im on a timely basis here also. My tracks wont allow my car there without a cage. My wife called them last week and they informed her that the roll cage hadn't even been made yet!!! so then we requested a refund, ( which speed inc ) did not want to process right away. They informed me that after a couple of days they will issue it to me just to be sure that that the cage doesnt get sent to me So after a week passes no refund yet! My wife has been calling them to get our refund when I am at work and they are not very helpful to her. They keep tryin to put her off and they were tryin to tell her another 2 weeks before the refund. Their attitude is more like, you'll get it when you get it. My wife called again today and not very happy. we were informed thatwe might get a refund within 48 hours. But we will see they said they were going to have the money in there within in a few days after the SECOND time we called for a refund too. At least I know who NEVER to order from again!! This is so Frustrating! If i ordered a rollcage at the beginning of february, paid the same day and as of today april 21 and it's confirmed that its not even made yet and i want a refund, why cant that be done?
Old 04-22-2006, 02:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I've always had good customer support from them, even when I ordered the wrong set of Kooks. Try asking for Tom Izzo. I'm sure he'll straighten things out.
Old 04-22-2006, 04:50 AM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know about the refund issues, but Wolfe is running way behind lately, there's several other threads about them here... you're not the only one
Old 04-22-2006, 10:28 AM
Banned

Each time you called you were told that we still had to confirm that Wolfe is canceling the order - and that when that is confirmed that you will be credited. That is exactly what happened.

We have no gain in not shipping orders - I have many customers that I would love to get roll cages out to but if Wolfe is delayed (as mention there are other threads in regards to this) it is beyond our control.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Jon @ Speed Inc
Each time you called you were told that we still had to confirm that Wolfe is canceling the order - and that when that is confirmed that you will be credited. That is exactly what happened.

We have no gain in not shipping orders - I have many customers that I would love to get roll cages out to but if Wolfe is delayed (as mention there are other threads in regards to this) it is beyond our control.
I understand about the delay from Wolfe being out of the hands of Speed Inc but the refund is not beyond your control, and it is taking too long. My complaint is not about the roll cage taking to long!!! It's is however that you can take the $$ fast but its taking a lenghthy time to refund it.
Old 04-22-2006, 07:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by venom346
I understand about the delay from Wolfe being out of the hands of Speed Inc but the refund is not beyond your control, and it is taking too long. My complaint is not about the roll cage taking to long!!! It's is however that you can take the $$ fast but its taking a lenghthy time to refund it.
It was issued shortly (within 24 hours) after we had the confirmation from wolfe (which took a few days). And the credit itself takes a few days to go from the company that handles our merchant account back to your credit card.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:28 PM
Launching!

Thank you john, thats all I needed was some clarity and being in the loop on whats going on. If i only was given this information from the beginning it would have made things alot clearer. Just saying, was told our refund would be issued last week 4/14/06..and to this day....4/22/06..nothing yet.....

Speed inc is a great company to work with when things are smooth i've ordered in the past. But maaaannn when there is some kind of issue with back ordering, delays, or manufacturer issues i've never had to make this many phone calls, deal with this long of wait until i ordered from speed inc. I remember when I ordered from Mac headers awhile back from texas speed and performance, they were in close contact with me and informed me that the headers were on back order without me waiting 10+ weeks wondering whats up. They gave me the option to refund my money back and they did promptly within a few days without me calling back a few times checking on the status of the refund.

Last edited by venom346; 04-22-2006 at 11:00 PM.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:55 PM
Banned

Each time you got me on the phone (which was more than once) I told you we needed to make sure Wolfe was not going to ship you a rollcage and they have that order as canceled in their system. Other people might not have been as clear and told you it would have been done asap - which was just contingent on the order being able to be canceled at wolfe, which of course would not be a problem.

We have no control over the time it takes to ship this particluar product out - order it from anyone else and you'll be waiting just as long as you would have with us. 99% of our orders go out smooth and prompt. Sometimes beyond prompt. There are a few low supply products with high demand, but they are high demand for a reason and they are very good products.

It would have been our pleasure to complete your order and if you need anything else just let me know.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

You guys at Speed are sitting here blaming the whole thiong on Wolfe. You are letting Wolfe give your company a bad name. Why dont you either square him away or stop doing business with him, doesnt that make sense?? You dont just sit there and let one guy give your business a bad name. Just my .02
Old 04-24-2006, 09:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by brad8266
You guys at Speed are sitting here blaming the whole thiong on Wolfe. You are letting Wolfe give your company a bad name. Why dont you either square him away or stop doing business with him, doesnt that make sense?? You dont just sit there and let one guy give your business a bad name. Just my .02
If we would stop dealing with a company just because they got backed up I think that we would only have few products left in our catalog and most of them would be made by us. It is unfortunate that everyone seems to get fairly backed up every once in awhile. We want to be able to offer quality roll cages to our customers so that is why we offer Wolfe products.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:49 AM
Teching In

I agree with Jon@Speed Inc.

There is nothing they can do when the manufacturer doenst have the product. Half the time if the retailer checks on product availablitly and the manufacturer isnt even accurate. Especially this time of year it is very common for product to be on back order. You've got to understand no one gets paid until the the end user has their product, everyone wants your product to go out the door ASAP it does no one good to have back orders, but unfortunately it is part of every industry.
Old 04-24-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

I understand, but if there is such a problem with backorders then the companies that are making the product need to be pushed to hire more people or invest in more equipment to pump out products faster. It just seems as though companies are just to cheap to invest in more people/equipment to get stuff out quickly and it pisses customers off. Do you think a customer that had to wait 3 months for something when he was told maybe 2 months is going to do business with you?? I doubt it.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by brad8266
I understand, but if there is such a problem with backorders then the companies that are making the product need to be pushed to hire more people or invest in more equipment to pump out products faster. It just seems as though companies are just to cheap to invest in more people/equipment to get stuff out quickly and it pisses customers off. Do you think a customer that had to wait 3 months for something when he was told maybe 2 months is going to do business with you?? I doubt it.
i agree with that
Old 04-24-2006, 03:55 PM
Teching In

I understand what you guys are saying, however with major mail order company's whoring out product beating up their competition and blasting manufacturers for better deals plus continuing to lower the amount that retail parts are sold at, everybody is making less margin on each part.

Sometimes hiring more people and more machinery to manufacture product isnt always the answer, if you get in over your financial means with overhead and fixed financial cost then you go BK. Most of the manufacturers of these products are not making some obserd profit like the oil tycoons. I know that the world is going to a "on demand" type of atmosphere but half of the manufacturers never thought they would get to the point that they are at now. More than half didnt set themselves up for mass production, we should be so lucky that we have quality parts manufacturers like wolfe.

Believe me it would be a hell of a lot easier for them to issue pink slips to half their employees make a quick phone call then fax to China and have boat loads of crap and I mean crap brought over and sold to us.

We've all been in the same boat I remember waiting 6 months for a set of hooker headers 4 or five years ago. All i'm saying is that there are 2 sides to every situation and yes things could be better but realize there is a business side to this situation too and when parts dont ship businesses dont get paid. So i'm sure the manufacturer's are not holding everyone's parts in a room laughing at everyone's misfortune.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:26 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,103 Likes on 723 Posts

Wolfe got behind due to I believe them moving and then also have a sale or two that were over subscribed.

I think they could have done a better job of communicating with customers since then, given the number of folks that complained.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

I understand where both sides are coming from. And whoever made the oil company comment, the oil companys' profit margin has not went over 10% in at least 6 years, so thats not a big profit margin. Also not everything from overseas is crap, take honda for example, they make a good affordable and dependable vehicle, slow though, lol. OK, now that i know that it took over a month that was quoted for someone to get their product they paid for, do you think i will order from them? Probably not. Now if i tell a few peopke about it and they tell a few people, guess what? That compant may have just lost a potential 10 customers easily. If these companys want to make good profits due to high sales volume they need to start pumpimg out parts faster, even if it requires more equipment/people because in the long run customers will recommend them because of the good product and quick delivery times. So in the long run the initial higher investment will pay off due to a higher sales volume by customers word of mouth.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:26 PM
Launching!

Thank you brad 8266, I'm glad finally someone see's things from a customers point of view =) It's not speeds inc's fault whatsoever for the slow shipment of parts but it is their fault for allowing a high number of people order a part on which they know is already backordered. They could at least put up a temporary disclaimer advising of the current issue the manufacturer is having and advise the potential customer of the long wait time ( which gives the customer a chance to order from a diffrent manufacturer like bmr or kenny brown.) The customer ordering might have a certain deadline to meet and needing the part in a timely manner. I would not have ordered the part in the beginning if I was advised of the manufacturers move and the long wait time. A nice updating email on the status would have been nice, rather than being kept in the dark calling week after week of the promised delivery date to find out the part hadn't even been produced yet. I could have gotten a refund sooner and ordered from a different manufacturer or went elsewhere so I could meet a deadline. I understand that businesses have their delays, manufacturing issues, and expectancies but customers have needs too.

Last edited by venom346; 04-24-2006 at 10:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Speed Inc and wolfe