LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Jeremy Formato is coming to south florida mid june.

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 02:58 AM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well shoots, too late the Z06erc locked that down quick....yeah I was sleeping on that opp. to knock some common sense in. Well Andy? Wanna chat...c'mon we wont bite, you might learn a lot over here, especially after looking thru some of the other misinformation over there.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:45 AM
On The Tree

After reading every ones comments - I feel compelled to share my story...

I first came to the Formato family back 1992 - I was a punk kid with a '90 Trams AM Lingenfelter 420 w/ 400 shot. After numerous failed attempts with another tuner I came to Jim Formato for help. Jim looked the car over and within an hour he knew that I had cam issues. I put the cam in that Jim suggested and it worked fine, but he refused to do the tune (the car had blown up several times in the past and I was very vocal about it) Jim chose not to tune my car for the simple reason that he knew that if anything went wrong (ie. a plane fell on it)that I would have blamed him for it. And he was probably right! For this I always thought that he was an ******* until reading this thread.

When Jeremy first got in to tuning LS1's I became one of his first customers and today, I am probably the most tuned car Jeremy has - making over 700 boosted rwhp and I have blown up at least 2 engines and have not blamed Jeremy for any of them - **** happens and that's all there is to it!

Currently, I am looking a new stand alone fuel management system and intend on still having Jeremy tune my car with it.

Jeremy's only fault here is that unlike his dad, Jeremy doesn't read peoples character - he needs to tell the 'punks' to go pound sand.

You know, ever since Jeremy tuned my car last...my door locks have been acting up - I think I'll call it even if he goes in half for a F1R s/c. (Okay, maybe that comment was wrong, but you get the point)
Old 06-04-2006, 08:35 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 01Bird_of_Prey
You know, ever since Jeremy tuned my car last...my door locks have been acting up - I think I'll call it even if he goes in half for a F1R s/c. (Okay, maybe that comment was wrong, but you get the point)
Oh that made me laugh...I have dealt with similar issues like this here in Hawaii..more annoying when you simply cant tell someone, the noise is supposed to be there, or that it truely is normal etc and they are paranoid. Oh man....window lock = SC
Old 06-04-2006, 10:02 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking new rear end, but it's your beef

Thanks for adding the info!
Old 06-05-2006, 02:50 PM
TECH Resident

I haven't read this whole thread, but I saw something in the little bit that I did read, that needed cleared up.

Just for the record... Jeremy did not get fired from Rev Xtreme. He quit. He felt as if he could do better traveling instead of being held down.

I just wanted to get that cleared up, thank you.

You may now carry on with the regularly pre-scheduled entertainment.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:12 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Richie Carbone
Well I guess you don't like to make informed decisions.

I'm not advertising for anyone. I wouldn't let Tom, Jeremy or any sponsor of LS1Tech, ZO6Vette or CorvetteForum tune my car.

I guess that's what I get for looking out for my fellow LS1 enthusiasts.

Man I have thought you were a stand up guy until now.
Maybe tomorrow you can post some kill storys for your friends.
Then one day you can wipe my *** instead of your own.
Why dont you let the person that had the problem post his problems.
I cant believe you would post this for someone else.
I mean if it were your brother then maybe but just to post this to stirr up drama makes you look like a bitch. Remeind me of something a 16 year old female would do.

Take this however your want I am not trying to say your a bad guy but you have made a bad decision.
Hell maybe in the end Jeremy F will owe you a thank you note as I am sure this will help his business more then hurt it due to the fact that everyother person that has had their tuned by him is happy and is posting it here.
JZ

Last edited by JZ'sTA; 06-07-2006 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by bmfcamaro
his cam is far from aggresive. that thing should not be spun over 6900rpm. there is no reason. i think he spun it to hard. he took liability of the car when he started tuning. if the car had no problems on the first three runs, then its ran harder and has a problem, i think thats easy to see you is to blame. i would be very pissed off.

U sir have a huge lack of cam knowledge.
Lets check.... The biggest stock cam that any vendor sells that fits with stock heads and no flycuting is a 242/248 low 600 lift on a 110.
The cam being used was nearly the same duration and lift on a 114LSA which would cause the power band to be higher then the cam listed. And if the car makes peak power higher then most it should be spun higher then most cars.
The stock bottom end has been spun past 7000 in many of cars without problem including my own.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:22 PM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Originally Posted by JZ'sTA
Man I have thought you were a stand up guy until now.
Maybe tomorrow you can post some kill storys for your friends.
Then one day you can wipe my *** instead of your own.
Why dont you let the person that had the problem post his problems.
I cant believe you would post this for someone else.
I mean if it were your brother then maybe but just to post this to stirr up drama makes you look like a bitch. Remeind me of something a 16 year old female would do.

Take this however your want I am not trying to say your a bad guy but you have made a bad decision.
Hell maybe in the end Jeremy F will owe you a thank you note as I am sure this will help his business more then hurt it due to the fact that everyother person that has had their tuned by him is happy and is posting it here.
JZ
JZ,

First of all I never posted my thoughts on how well Jeremy tunes or how bad he tunes, I just posted a link to what happened to Andy's car while Jeremy was tuning it.

My only intention was to give everyone a heads up so they can make a well informed decision instead of just blindly jumping in.

I was almost scammed by APE but I got my bank involved in time to get my $$$ back. I wish someone would have let me know that Chris was a scam artist (I'm not saying Jeremy is a scam artist) I would have been able to make a better decision.

For the record I only wipe my own ***!
Old 06-08-2006, 06:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

what does APE have to do with formato?
Old 06-08-2006, 07:06 PM
Restricted User

Richie... You may have had good intentions, and I believe thats what you were attempting to do. However, your post comes off as inflammatory towards Jeremy Format and his tuning. You could have either A stepped back and let the whiny crapper with the little knowledge of his own car post up on here B guided the whiny crapper with little knowledge of his own car to the site so he could post up his own drama C spent some time on writing skills to get your point across that someone happened and it is bad, rather than raising a red flag on Jeremy. You say you wanted ppl to be well informed....but how can this be when you posted only one side, and partially at that, which was the little whiny crapper with no knowledge of his own cars side? If you had explained the details, like massive cam freshly installed etc.. and then waited for the tear down before jumping on the bashwagon maybe ppl wouldn't think your a self serving ***** who thoughtlessly posted some derogatory bullshit without thinking about it! Want some more apples?

Charlie
Old 06-08-2006, 07:12 PM
9 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

jeremy has only tuned my car a couple of times but just on those i have to call bs on this story. he has always been a bit too conservative with the rev limit of my motor imo and the shop at which the car was at asked him to be a little more rev happy with it. not to mention EVERY time he has done anything to the car he told me first and asked me if it was ok. he then explained the reasons behind doing what he was doing. hes very stand up.

and whoever thinks they deserve an ls2 block and forged crank because their 50k mile motor took a dump needs to be pimp slapped.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
Nothing! I just wish people would have posted up when APE was on the downward slope, it would have made me think a little longer about my decision.

Does that make it clear for you?
Old 06-08-2006, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by CAT3
Richie... You may have had good intentions, and I believe thats what you were attempting to do. However, your post comes off as inflammatory towards Jeremy Format and his tuning. You could have either A stepped back and let the whiny crapper with the little knowledge of his own car post up on here B guided the whiny crapper with little knowledge of his own car to the site so he could post up his own drama C spent some time on writing skills to get your point across that someone happened and it is bad, rather than raising a red flag on Jeremy. You say you wanted ppl to be well informed....but how can this be when you posted only one side, and partially at that, which was the little whiny crapper with no knowledge of his own cars side? If you had explained the details, like massive cam freshly installed etc.. and then waited for the tear down before jumping on the bashwagon maybe ppl wouldn't think your a self serving ***** who thoughtlessly posted some derogatory bullshit without thinking about it! Want some more apples?

Charlie
Charlie,
I could really give a **** what you or anyone on this or any other board think of me or how my posts come off.

The info was already posted on another site, I just posted a link to it.

Big ******* deal!

It sure took Jeremy a long time to post his side of the story though.

Now back to your regulary scheduled nut swinging party!
Old 06-09-2006, 12:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
Jeremy is hairy like an ape?????

Sorry Jeremy, just messing... Thanks for that call.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Richie Carbone
Charlie,
I could really give a **** what you or anyone on this or any other board think of me or how my posts come off.

The info was already posted on another site, I just posted a link to it.

Big ******* deal!

It sure took Jeremy a long time to post his side of the story though.

Now back to your regulary scheduled nut swinging party!
Well I guess since I am married to the guy, I guess I can swing on his nuts all I want....

Jeremy did not post his side of the story as fast as you would have liked, due to the fact that he is always out of town and a very busy guy. Trust me I know first hand and it drives me up the wall. Obviously Jeremy has nothing but a good reputation with his past customers as well as customers that he has done since this car. You post a BS link and expect all of the satisfied customers not to respond?

Andy still does not know what happend to the motor and what caused it to fail. Im wondering if he has even considered having the motor torn down. I used to work for GM and we would laugh at people who demanded GM pays for their cars to be fixed outside of warranty before they have had a diagnosis done. What the hell is the difference here? Find out what is wrong with it and then we will make out decision from there.
It cracks me up every time I read this garbage that people jump to conclusions and demand things out of people before they even know what is wrong!! If you want to discuss but swinging....there sure as hell is a TON of that on the z06vette forum that you post on.

Last edited by Shalane; 06-09-2006 at 07:27 PM.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Restricted User

Shalane = Jeremy Formato's exclusive nutswinger Ok, jokes aside. Glad to see you in here unfortunately Shalane. Although I never had any tuning done by Jeremy, Al (383LQ4SS) had turned me over to Jeremy for some help years ago, and I have forever been thankful. I agree with your reply to Lil Dick totally, but I guess my way of saying the link was bullshit didnt get through to him. It would be one thing to post the link and tell both sides IF you were the one directly involved, OR there was some absolute proof of wrong-doing, but in this case its is just a ill-thought link that he gave no time to think of the repercussions, of which now he wants to help ppl make an informed decision...how the F can you make an informed decision without the facts.....Well my informed decision is: Lil Dick didnt think about his link post to well and is taking the high ground to deny any wrong-doing; Jeremy is getting **** over something that has no basis; and Andy should have the common sense decency to tear the engine down before spouting off about how one particular person may have done any damage...Just think what will happen if once its tore down the find the stock cam bearings failed, leading to low oil pressure and wiping out the mains/rods etc...who's going to take the hit then? Anyway, glad to see ya. Sorry it rolled into this **** also.

Charlie
Old 06-09-2006, 10:00 PM

Although I never had any tuning done by Jeremy, Al (383LQ4SS) had turned me over to Jeremy for some help years ago, and I have forever been thankful.
Charlie
Yeah Charlie, you're not biased in any way.

Shalane, if Andy told Jeremy not to exceed a specific RPM while running the car on the dyno and Jeremy knowingly exceeded that specific RPM then who is at fault?

Oh and Charlie.....GO **** YOURSELF!
Old 06-09-2006, 10:21 PM
Restricted User

Must have hit your nerve, wondered how long it would take for that insta-reply from you, seems to be your fav. I am biased...I am biased to the truth and you obviously have an odd sense of what the truth is or how to deal with it. Let me ask you Richie, were you personally there to hear Andy tell Jeremy not to exceed xxxx rpm? Where you there when the engine work was done to Andy's car to verify that the engine was 100% no issues given or potential for? And lastly, are there watching the tear down of the engine? I can say you will answer NO to all those, so again, my point remains, you should not have posted the link unless there was proof. If you posted the results of a tear down that shows said part let go, and it was checked prior to Jeremy and found to be good, then I'd be swinging on Andy's side just the same. But you haven't waited for that info, and you obviously have a higher than thou attitude. I will politely go **** myself now, thanks for the daily reminder.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:11 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

I am biased...I am biased to the truth and you obviously have an odd sense of what the truth is or how to deal with it. Let me ask you Richie, were you personally there to hear Andy tell Jeremy not to exceed xxxx rpm? Where you there when the engine work was done to Andy's car to verify that the engine was 100% no issues given or potential for? And lastly, are there watching the tear down of the engine? I can say you will answer NO to all those, so again, my point remains, you should not have posted the link unless there was proof.
Were you personally there CAT3?
Old 06-09-2006, 11:36 PM
Restricted User

Nope. And you dont see me blaming, bashing anyone saying they messed it up do ya? Nope. So your point is going to be weak. But go ahead fire away. Your going to say, since I wasn't there I should stay out of it also.... and that would be fine if it hadn't been posted here. So now, you are going to say what?

Charlie

OT...Dan, your car looks very nice. I like the Bird you had painted very much, sweet.

Quick Reply: Jeremy Formato is coming to south florida mid june.