LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Jeremy Formato is coming to south florida mid june.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 11:40 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Richie Carbone
Shalane, if Andy told Jeremy not to exceed a specific RPM while running the car on the dyno and Jeremy knowingly exceeded that specific RPM then who is at fault?
I spoke with Jeremy today on this subject after a tuning session in Gainesville. According to Jeremy (one-sided story, I know), Andy consented to the rpms turned. The cam I'm running in a 383 has MUCH less lift and duration than that cam in Andy's engine and I turn it 6600 rpm without problems for 3 years. Sounds like engine assembly to me, but that's only a guess, not an accusation. The cam issue has already been addressed by those with more knowledge than me.

Whatever broke is most likely not caused by lack of tuning, but I do find it funny Andy posts 2 times in 2 days, now we have 1-1/2 weeks gone by and no update? If this was my car, I'd already have the motor torn down and know why it failed for more than just one reason.

Again I'm not saying it's not possible, but the overwhelming majority here points to one side.

Just adding in another viewpoint.

Derek
Old 06-09-2006, 11:50 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not going to say anything, I was just wondering if you were there. I don't need to throw more fuel into the fire..
Old 06-10-2006, 12:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is really a dead subject...no one had to be anywhere to witness anything, and no one should be pointing fingers and making claims. What does have to happen is the engine needs to be torn down preferably by an expert on LS1s to find the culprit. I hope it will be readily apparent. Until that happens this should be a dead issue IMO.

I think even Andy realizes that he may have jumped the gun a bit or he would have replied with more facts or better arguement on why jeremy was solely responsible. We know that you wont be able to make that arguement until the motor is torn down just based on pure logic. Even after its torn down though its gonna be hard pressed to pin this on a tuner. Andy if your still reading this....just get it tore down and see whats inside. Gotta start somewhere to get back on your feet.
Old 06-10-2006, 07:30 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree AL, and to Riche use you common since bro.
Even a beginner LS1 person knows that a 240+ duration cam in a LS1 needs to turn RPM. Why would you only turn 6600 RPM with a huge cam? The cam would be a waste. Hell A torque 2 with 100's of dyno graphs is commonly shifted at 6700-6900 and that cam is WAY smaller. The T rex is commonly shifted at 7000 and that cam in on a lower LSA.
Please tell me you dont find it hard to believe someone would put such a large cam in only to spin the rpm's to 6600.
I mean he even had to have the pistons flycut which is not free and not fun to do.
Had the heads angle milled so he could get a bit more compression without as much of a P/V issue. Everything he did to the motor was done for a aggressive and very large cam. Again I was not there but I know Jeremy as well as damn near anyone on this site (aside his wife and maybe 1 or 2 other people) He has tuned at least 100 cars in front of me with my customers. He not only informs the customer what he is doing and also informes me. He is always very safe and does his best to get the tune right on the money. This is why I stick up for him, I just cant believe he would tune 100+ cars for my customers one way and change is tuning style for 1 person.
Also the God thing has been brought up.
Do you ever head Jeremy curse? Maybe here and there but not often. I know when we go to eat we have a prayer before, and I have driven his car before and he had some gospal music on the radio. Its not a bad thing to have the love of Christ in your heart. Jeremy is a good person and does try and have God influence his decisions, so if you dont like that then sorry but it is no different then someone growing up with a Italian family and wanting to fight or someone being raised a Johova Witness and knocking on your door on the weekends. Its just the way they were raised and how they choose to live their lives.
I hope to see the best for everyone soon. Asking for a forged crank and a LS2 block is WAY out of line though. Personially any help would be more help then I would offer after dragging my name through the mud.

Quick Reply: Jeremy Formato is coming to south florida mid june.