LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Jeremy Formato is coming to south florida mid june.

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2006, 10:28 AM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before you guys let Jeremy tune your car you might want to read this.

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98716
Old 05-27-2006, 10:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Richie Carbone

before you cross post some slanderous crap you'd better get both sides of the story.

thats bs........Ask him the real story behind that.

He has been tuning LSx motors for a long time and knows what he is doing.

He has been tuning my car for 2yrs now. 120+ 1/4 mile passes, nothing ever broken.
There are 2 other GTO's making 600rwhp on the stock motor, both tuned by Jeremy, he knows what he is doing.

He tunes a ton of GTO's also, no problems from any of them.

Last edited by Dbluegoat; 05-27-2006 at 11:39 AM.
Old 05-27-2006, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Dbluegoat
before you cross post some slanderous crap you'd better get both sides of the story.

thats bs........Ask him the real story behind that.

He has been tuning LSx motors for a long time and knows what he is doing.

He has been tuning my car for 2yrs now. 120+ 1/4 mile passes, nothing ever broken.
There are 2 other GTO's making 600rwhp on the stock motor, both tuned by Jeremy, he knows what he is doing.

He tunes a ton of GTO's also, no problems from any of them.
+1 jeremy tuned my z06 and did an awesome job. you definately need both sides of the story. even just hearing that one side I will still be taking my car back to jeremy to tune.
Old 05-27-2006, 01:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can garantee that there is a bad story on the interent for any major shop/tuner out there....

Last edited by speed_demon24; 05-27-2006 at 11:05 PM.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
I can garuntee that there is a bad story on the interent for any major shop/tuner out there....

Thats correct. In this particular case...what broke in the motor? Lets see the dyno sheets that show the pulls past 7300 rpm. What was said before hand about the customers preferences on how agressive the tune would be.

I have personally seen jeremy tune 100's of cars over the course of about 5 years without incedent...including my own 415 solid roller speed density motor. All my nitrous motors with dry nitrous retard. An RX 408 that I did the nitrous system on that made 870 rwhp without a hitch, a stock bottom end Z06 with some custom raised runner heads that made 480 rwhp and spun to 7100 (at customers request) and so on.

Obviously this motor was highly modified and any number of things may have happened.

Many times the tuner is left holding the bag because he is the last one to touch the car when something happens on the dyno. Id say the majority of the time those failures have nothing to do with the tuner.
I have seen guys blame tuners for trannies coming apart on the dyno.

So all you guys that where planning to get tuned with Jeremy go right ahead...he knows his stuff. Just be sure to discuss your strategy and needs for you combo with Jeremy before the tuning session. Jeremy has the most experiance of any tuner in Florida IMO and he can do whatever it is you need.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

The internet is funny.

As far as I know Jeremy did not get fired from Revx, nor did he blow his car up on the dyno. I talked to him today while I was in Gville and he told me that coolant was leaking into the engine and trashed the bearings.

Another thing, who's to say he's at fault. If I go in there with a 400 shot of nitrous on a completly stock engine and tell him to tune it, is it his fault that it goes south. The guy's been doing this stuff for awhile. Never heard a complaint at all until this one. As far as pulling the "God" card that's retarded to even bring up. I think a christian is more respected person. I mean typically if he would have started cussing back at him and crap would that have helped things. I think not. So people get mad at someone being a christian yet that is how they want to be treated. Some people just can't be made happy and will always point blame at others. I would love to hear Jeremy's side to this story.
Old 05-27-2006, 05:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Id just like to see the damage. This was an entirely new combo. Could have been a dropped valve, busted spring, P to V contact due to not enough clearance since obviously it was a huge cam etc etc etc etc.
Old 05-27-2006, 09:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 383LQ4SS
Id just like to see the damage. This was an entirely new combo. Could have been a dropped valve, busted spring, P to V contact due to not enough clearance since obviously it was a huge cam etc etc etc etc.
There is WAAY more of a chance of it being something related to that than the tune or Jeremy supposedly taking it to 7x00rpms. What will be funny is when it is something engine related in the build of the combo and it ends up being his own fault. Then what will happen. Probably will still blame it on the tuner, especially since he went though all the trouble to find every single thing he has done wrong.

From the way he is talking though it HAS to be the bottom end since it blew because Jeremy took it too high in the rpms.

Probably a case of someone using stock springs on a large cam.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:18 AM
11 Second Club

dont be posting that stuff in here. jeremy is a stand up guy and a great guy to deal with. after being in many cars he tuned (including a 667rwhp stock block ls1) i want to try him out. i dont see jeremy saying "i dont know the ls1 motor". thank you, good bye

the funny thing is all you read is those people talking about tom...sounds to me like some gay kind of advertiseing.
Old 05-28-2006, 10:19 AM
BADA BING BADA BOOM!!!!!!

Originally Posted by GDM Z28
dont be posting that stuff in here. jeremy is a stand up guy and a great guy to deal with. after being in many cars he tuned (including a 667rwhp stock block ls1) i want to try him out. i dont see jeremy saying "i dont know the ls1 motor". thank you, good bye

the funny thing is all you read is those people talking about tom...sounds to me like some gay kind of advertiseing.
Well I guess you don't like to make informed decisions.

I'm not advertising for anyone. I wouldn't let Tom, Jeremy or any sponsor of LS1Tech, ZO6Vette or CorvetteForum tune my car.

I guess that's what I get for looking out for my fellow LS1 enthusiasts.
Old 05-28-2006, 04:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1999TransamWs6
Who could that have been?

Whats up dude you dont hang out anymore are you emo or something?
i still go out....everytime i call you your working or have school or cant go out or writeing a blog or something....then adam says he will call me back n never does so i go out with mike, danny, ricky, and all of them.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:35 AM
TECH Resident

I dont think it is that big of a deal. no one is backing out and we have 1 person saying something bad and 8 saying something postive.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:04 AM
TECH Veteran

Its closed anyways. Let the guy tear it down and figure what is wrong and what failed. Then he can proceed how he feels he should. Right now there just isnt enough info.
Old 05-30-2006, 03:35 PM
Teching In

First, wanted to say that I just joined here frm the other site. I've been over there for awhile.
I've been involved w/Drag Racing in the NHRA all my life. My Father raced Top Fuel for over 20 yrs. I'm currently lic. in S/C and TAD.
I'm sorry that this post involves a neg. aspect.
However its my ZO6 that Jeremy pushed to hard and the motor let go.

Let me first say this : JEREMY KNOWS HOW TO TUNE A CAR ( He got the car w/good driveability and the car was making good power )
His problem is he PUSHED THE CAR TO HARD! Period. He kept going for more and more and more - 6 dyno pulls on the STOCK BOTTOM END W/50K SPINNING OVER 7000RPM SOONER OR LATER WILL FAIL...I drove the car normally the night before and drove it to the dyno - no problems. The car was mechanically sound. He knew the bottom end was stock but w/his passion to get more out of it each pull, he failed to realize he was going beyond the motors stock bottom end limits.

After the car failed on the dyno he told me he was going to help me and started calling around for a replacement shortblock. He had the Rollback wrecker come and pick up the car and I was confident that he was gonna BE A PROFESSIONAL AND @ least replace my shortblock.
A few days passed and I did'nt hear back frm him??? Finally, when we talked I asked him to work w/me and lets get through this..He agreed. I asked him for JUST A LS2 BLOCK AND A FORGED CRANK AND WE COULD CALL IT A DAY!!!!.......He then told me that this was not his fault and these things happen and also that he needed more opinions. He wanted to talk to my father for some unk. reason??????
I WAS SHOCKED AND STILL AM.... Diplomacy failed and I begged him to please work w/me...HE WOULD NOT AND HAS STILL NOT CONTACTED ME...PERIOD...
I'm the customer and did nothing wrong...and showing unprofessionalism he still WOULD NOT MEET ME HALF WAY!!!! I drove a good running nice ZO6 there that I spent alot of money in the H/C upgrade and left on a rollback. Period.

He also pulled the "God Card" and said he could tell I was'nt a Christian...

Well Jeremy you still have'nt contacted me.....I'm no longer dealing w/this situation. It's out of my hands.

You know and I know that you pushed the car to hard and YOU NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE! THAT CAR WAS COMPLETELY IN YOUR CONTROL AND YOU PUSHED IT TO HARD UNDER YOUR WATCH...I HAVE ALL THE DYNO CHARTS AND GRAPHS TOO.

I really don't understand why you would'nt work w/me...Oh yeah one more thing ref. THE GOD CARD...
People that pull the GOD CARD are usually the people THAT GOD IS LOOKING FOR!
You have no honor or buisness sense.

I will prevail!
ps.
I'm still waiting.

Andy
NHRA S/C Dragster 2038 TAD Div II
Old 05-30-2006, 04:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SonofaDragRacer
First, wanted to say that I just joined here frm the other site. I've been over there for awhile.
I've been involved w/Drag Racing in the NHRA all my life. My Father raced Top Fuel for over 20 yrs. I'm currently lic. in S/C and TAD.

Let me first say this : JEREMY KNOWS HOW TO TUNE A CAR ( He got the car w/good driveability and the car was making good power )
His problem is he PUSHED THE CAR TO HARD! Period. He kept going for more and more and more - 6 dyno pulls on the STOCK BOTTOM END W/50K SPINNING OVER 7000RPM SOONER OR LATER WILL FAIL...I drove the car normally the night before and drove it to the dyno - no problems. The car was mechanically sound. He knew the bottom end was stock but w/his passion to get more out of it each pull, he failed to realize he was going beyond the motors stock bottom end limits.

After the car failed on the dyno he told me he was going to help me and started calling around for a replacement shortblock. He had the Rollback wrecker come and pick up the car and I was confident that he was gonna BE A PROFESSIONAL AND @ least replace my shortblock.
A few days passed and I did'nt hear back frm him??? Finally, when we talked I asked him to work w/me and lets get through this..He agreed. I asked him for JUST A LS2 BLOCK AND A FORGED CRANK AND WE COULD CALL IT A DAY!!!!.......He then told me that this was not his fault and these things happen and also that he needed more opinions. He wanted to talk to my father for some unk. reason??????
I WAS SHOCKED AND STILL AM.... Diplomacy failed and I begged him to please work w/me...HE WOULD NOT AND HAS STILL NOT CONTACTED ME...PERIOD...
I'm the customer and did nothing wrong...and showing unprofessionalism he still WOULD NOT MEET ME HALF WAY!!!! I drove a good running nice ZO6 there that I spent alot of money in the H/C upgrade and left on a rollback. Period.

Well Jeremy you still have'nt contacted me.....I'm no longer dealing w/this situation. It's out of my hands.

You know and I know that you pushed the car to hard and YOU NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE! THAT CAR WAS COMPLETELY IN YOUR CONTROL AND YOU PUSHED IT TO HARD UNDER YOUR WATCH...I HAVE ALL THE DYNO CHARTS AND GRAPHS TOO.

I really don't understand why you would'nt work w/me...Oh yeah one more thing ref. THE GOD CARD...

I will prevail!
ps.
I'm still waiting.

Andy
This is starting to get a little troubling. After reading the comments posted here and on the ZO6 site, is everyone sticking with Jeremy for the tuning? Would Mike Norris/Horsepower be a better bet?
Old 05-30-2006, 06:01 PM
11 Second Club

I will prevail!
ps.
I'm still waiting.

Andy
Ok so where are the dyno graphs, and where is the proof that Jeremy is responsible for the engine blowing? And what are the specs of your setup, cam, heads, vavle springes, ect... There is no technical information that has been posted that has proved it's Jeremys fault yet, just opinions. And what exactly failed on the motor?
Old 05-30-2006, 06:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bounty
This is starting to get a little troubling. After reading the comments posted here and on the ZO6 site, is everyone sticking with Jeremy for the tuning? Would Mike Norris/Horsepower be a better bet?
I've heard 10x as many horror stories about Norris than I have about Jeremy...
Old 05-30-2006, 06:34 PM
11 Second Club

I will prevail!
ps.
I'm still waiting.

Andy
exactly what rob said...you still havent posted any specs of the heads and cam that you choose to go with. IF it was jeremys decision to spin the motor to 7300 why didnt you tell him you didnt want him too? wheres the dyno sheet? why dont you post all the info from your map (fuel and timing), etc. I talked to jeremy on the phone about this he will be posting soon.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bounty
Nope....jeremy will be the one touching my car and thats it. Ive heard from A LOT of people that got tuned by jeremy and they all said they had mike tune it and jeremy re tune it.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:42 PM
11 Second Club

the c6 from my job isnt getting tuned because i can not find his number....so we have 9 people and one spot available...i pmed the reserve but if someone else would like to be added please let me know.

Quick Reply: Jeremy Formato is coming to south florida mid june.