LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Sick of HiFlo!!!, going with PTK what do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very true frcefed...our hot side for the single is done in a matter of a few hours with the jig we made. Our entire Street-Zone single kit can be produced in a single day. Oh, we answer the phone too.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

TTI race kit shipped in about two weeks when I ordered it. AC goes but the kids and I could care less when we're cruising and you can't run it in the staging lanes anyway.

The exhaust and crossover are below the K but unless you plan on running over a deer at speed on the freeway there really isn't a problem. It's never been an issue at any track that I"ve been on. We all know enough to slow down for speed bumps. We all know enough that if we run AFCO, Strange or QA1 adjustable drag shocks that you don't try to corner like Battman.

The kit has plent of potential left in it waiting to be used.

Rick

Last edited by 2001-WS6; 07-06-2006 at 06:21 PM.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Wow....... i sit back and watch people complain about..... its been 3 months.... its been 4 months..... its been 6 months..... my car has been down a yr.....
Its takes time people..... alot of the Turbo Kit Companys are at the Mercy of the suppliers..... i know.... we waited 10 weeks for just my Turbo to arrive from Precision.
Yes the wait is unbearable sometimes...... i know..... its been 16 months for me.... yes months not weeks....
Yes i know its alot of $$ but you could of paid more for a Custom kit and still had to wait just as long. Waiting is part of the Turbo Kit game.
Anybody ever hear the saying ""Good things come to those who wait""????

Ok my Rant is done......

Kyle
it seems to be commuincation ON TOP OF the delay is the issue they are complaining about. like with ape, my biggest problem was that i could never talk to anyone. im sure you were fine with your car at stenod because anytime you called you got an answer followed by pics to back it up. thats the issue i beleive. people understand delay but without communication its not going over so well.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:06 PM
SSU Moderator

If you were to actually look at a TTi Race Kit (say...in that picture posted), you'd see the DP is OVER the K-member, and a hot-side pipe is under (much smaller than the DP). Plus, the pipe is in the joint of the a-arm/k-member not directly under where the retarded kits put stuff. I've never heard of any clearance issues with a TTi Race kit even on lowered cars. Plus...their **** will be at your door in less than a month.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

infact now that i think about it, you more than anyone outta understand why communication is a prob. i forgot that you were part of the APE thing.
Old 07-06-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by NOSjohn
Very true frcefed...our hot side for the single is done in a matter of a few hours with the jig we made. Our entire Street-Zone single kit can be produced in a single day. Oh, we answer the phone too.

Gotta post up some pics of the kit. Build a lot of em so you'll always have em on hand....got to be able to cover orders...something all these turbo companies tend to overlook. /moderator off

Technically I was done in 3 days, all the cutting, fitting and welding took 3 days. Took an few days before hand to rip off the phamjunk kit, throw it around a few times, cut it into a few pieces and set it on fire

Keep us posted on the truck kit John.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RW99
My PTK has three main problems:

1. Alternator relocation. The current setup does not align the alt pulley perfectly and uses a tensioner that pushes the belt onto itself. It requires a shop that can either massage and refit or fab a new bracket. Quite a few customers have had this problem.

2. Overheating. The fans sent with my kit were not capable of pushing enough air through the AC condenser to cool the radiator when the car was in (warm weather) slow traffic or stopped. Also not enough room behind the radiator to mount a puller. Ongoing problem.

3. Frying spark plug wires. Manifolds are SO hot, and my wires (even with wraps) wouldn't lay far enough away to prevent roasting. Solved by using solid extenders.

PTK delivered relatively on time. Support has been OK. But the kit itself has required an enormous amount of labor and time by my installer.

If you've spent all this time waiting, I'd suck it up and stay the course with Hi Flow.
#1 is definitely an initial problem

#2 My car has a puller, originally one of their fans now a Flex-a-Lite #110, right behind the radiator on the passenger side... Not only does it fit there, it's necessary to have it there to move the air around efficiently... I never overheated in this configuration in 90 degree temps with the AC on even in traffic.

#3 With wire boots/covers and some plastic tie wraps, this is not an issue. This needs to be addressed due to a front facing header... No big deal.

TTi is one hell of a deal... Do the pipes run over the K-member with the TTi Race Kit? If it does and waiting is not an issue (and neither is AC), that would be a strong choice to consider.
Old 07-06-2006, 05:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

the passenger 2.5" crossover goes under the k at the a arm joint on the tti race kit
Old 07-06-2006, 06:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Camaro_Zach
infact now that i think about it, you more than anyone outta understand why communication is a prob. i forgot that you were part of the APE thing.

oH I DO....... What Most of these guys dont get is the Communication part.......

To tell ya the truth i never even had a problem getting hold of Chris when the whole APE thing went under.... he still answered his cell for me and he told me to do a charge back.... thats another strory though....

We as the customer really dont care about the wait as long as were told the truth..... if there's a delay on parts... just spend 5min and give us a call and tell us the delay.... Coaters taking there sweet *** time.... putting you behind.... call us and tell us. We will be more inclined to be patient when we have all the facts. I know i have been with every snag we have came across with my build with STENOD and like you said... its because he calls me back and aswers the phone and tells me the delays.......

I get ya 100%...... all of ya... ive been there....... sorry for your delays..... ill stay out of this now.....

Kyle
Old 07-06-2006, 06:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Just a few extra pics with the stock hot pipe/x-over for the TTi kit. Starting behind the passenger wheel, then in front to see the WG blow pipe and then from the front of the driver side.
Attached Thumbnails Sick of HiFlo!!!, going with PTK  what do you guys think?-rick-004a.jpg   Sick of HiFlo!!!, going with PTK  what do you guys think?-rick-005a.jpg   Sick of HiFlo!!!, going with PTK  what do you guys think?-rick-007a.jpg  
Old 07-06-2006, 10:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Got a phone call from Bill today asuring me that I would have "ALL" of my parts exept for my 4" DP shipped out next week. So we will see how it works out, keep you all informed. Iam very disapointed that I had to come in here to get some kind of response from HIFlo.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

And for the record, I dont mind waiting for parts on delay, but if tell me something was shipped out and I will expect for a reputable business to hold their word.
Old 07-06-2006, 10:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm about to call and get a refund and go with either a custom kit from a local company or from another company like TTI which keeps them in stock. This has gotten rediculous. If I had known it would have been this long a wait I would have just done a truck mani kit and said screw the AC. Not to mention the fact that I have only gotten ONE phone call the entire 9 months they've had my money.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:21 AM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by frcefed98

Gotta post up some pics of the kit. Build a lot of em so you'll always have em on hand....got to be able to cover orders...something all these turbo companies tend to overlook. /moderator off

Technically I was done in 3 days, all the cutting, fitting and welding took 3 days. Took an few days before hand to rip off the phamjunk kit, throw it around a few times, cut it into a few pieces and set it on fire

Keep us posted on the truck kit John.

Pics of the single being posted in the thread for the twin kits. I don't want to take away from this thread.

Edit: we don't need NO stinkin' A/C...cruising is just that - open windows, the wind rushing through the car...
Old 07-07-2006, 12:58 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I dunno kids.. In the past... I overnighted waste gates and a BOV, had some mandrel pipe 2nd day shipped to a welder/fab shop, contacted limit engineering and overnighted a money order...and turbos are there in 9 days, had an IC that fit...... numerous hours welding and fitting .... and whamo...

What took me forever on my rear mount kit was finding someone who could tune it... and debug it. I left it with a tuner for 4 months! Thats where I messed up. Oh well, days gone by.

If I get another kit, I will have it complete and being mounted in 21 days or less... this whole mess makes me want to prove it can be done. Sometimes, one just needs to look outside the box, or maybe just over your shoulder. What you need may be right in front of you.

I dont buy supplier stories.. unless as the end-user you have to have that "specific" product and no other prouct could possible do the job.

Tip of the day.. you can find a welder or fab man to make your kit.. not only a car guy who can weld. Dammit, Im making some calls!

Last edited by Jammer; 07-07-2006 at 01:04 AM.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:03 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ABeasst
I'm about to call and get a refund and go with either a custom kit from a local company or from another company like TTI which keeps them in stock. This has gotten rediculous. If I had known it would have been this long a wait I would have just done a truck mani kit and said screw the AC. Not to mention the fact that I have only gotten ONE phone call the entire 9 months they've had my money.
Where do you live that you need AC? Let me tell you, alot of people don't know what high humidity can do. Here in Miami, it could be 79 degrees outside... But with a 80-90% humidity like we have on some days, you could be flying at 70 mph with the windows down wearing boxers and a wife-beater, and you'll be SOAKED in disgusting sweat/water mixture in minutes (car seat, *** crack, EVERYTHING)... I don't use AC to feel "comfortable" in the heat. I use it to combat this insane humidity down here... Oh, and when you have 95 degree temps AND 90% humidity...

If you could DO WITHOUT the AC, all these dilemmas are considerably minimized.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:03 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ABeasst
If you call to get a refund, I would advise having them send you a check. Apparently they are using the CC thing to stall giving me my money back, because they can say, "oh, yeah, you just have to wait for the CC company to go through their super mysterious creditting process". Check the sponsor feedback section, I've been waiting for a refund since May 31st. Today is the last day though, I'm sending a letter to my CC company to see if they can do a chargeback, and contacting my attorney Monday to see what my options are.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:08 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Jammer

I dunno kids.. In the past... I overnighted waste gates and a BOV, had some mandrel pipe 2nd day shipped to a welder/fab shop, contacted limit engineering and overnighted a money order...and turbos are there in 9 days, had an IC that fit...... numerous hours welding and fitting .... and whamo...

What took me forever on my rear mount kit was finding someone who could tune it... and debug it. I left it with a tuner for 4 months! Thats where I messed up. Oh well, days gone by.

If I get another kit, I will have it complete and being mounted in 21 days or less... this whole mess makes me want to prove it can be done. Sometimes, one just needs to look outside the box, or maybe just over your shoulder. What you need may be right in front of you.

I dont buy supplier stories.. unless as the end-user you have to have that "specific" product and no other prouct could possible do the job.

Tip of the day.. you can find a welder or fab man to make your kit.. not only a car guy who can weld. Dammit, Im making some calls!

Hey Jammer, I know of a place where you can get an 88mm turbo kit with all of the components right away! It could even ship out tomorrow
Old 07-07-2006, 10:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by MIGHTYMOUSE
the passenger 2.5" crossover goes under the k at the a arm joint on the tti race kit

Ahh... I really just can't see my car at stock ride height, hate that... PTS runs the DP on the driver's side over the K member... BUTTT, then you still run into a clearance problem with the crossover if you have an M6 under the tranny, middle of the car... It seems that turbo kits and lowered F-body's will never mix. I made mine work with some hammering/pressing of the crossover, but it seems that ride height is a problem with most kits out of the box at least. Even STS takes some special attention to the pipes at stock height to avoid banging them.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bboyferal
Where do you live that you need AC? Let me tell you, alot of people don't know what high humidity can do. Here in Miami, it could be 79 degrees outside... But with a 80-90% humidity like we have on some days, you could be flying at 70 mph with the windows down wearing boxers and a wife-beater, and you'll be SOAKED in disgusting sweat/water mixture in minutes (car seat, *** crack, EVERYTHING)... I don't use AC to feel "comfortable" in the heat. I use it to combat this insane humidity down here... Oh, and when you have 95 degree temps AND 90% humidity...

If you could DO WITHOUT the AC, all these dilemmas are considerably minimized.
I live in NC so I know about humidity....the good ole south.

Quick Reply: Sick of HiFlo!!!, going with PTK what do you guys think?