LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Rock-On Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 04:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Rock-On Transmission

I have an issue to resolve with Dave, but he refuses to call me back!

It's time to tell my story:

-In March/April I called Dave to order a Stage 4 4L60E
-He told me it would take no longer than 2 weeks
-5 weeks later, I recieved my transmission
-Installed it in the car and it wouldn't shift from 2nd to 3rd
-Dave kept telling me it was tuning
-I spent $250 and a month trying to tune from a local tuner.
-I have numerous telephone conversations with Dave asking what to do b/c tuning was not working
-He told me to send the my tune via email and his tuners would go through it, they didn't find anything.
-Finally, he is convinced that there is something wrong with the tranny
-He agrees to send me a new and I will get it in 1-2 weeks
-The tranny arrives 1 month later.
-I called and talked to Amy 5+ times for her to set up shipping for the core to go back to them and she never would do it or call me back for that matter
-I get ready to put the transmission in and the shifter shaft that sticks out the side of the transmission will "free wheel" instead of "click click click" when it is supposed to select Park, Reverse, Neutral, etc.
-I turn the tranny over to take the pan off to inspect the shaft from the inside and find that 2 bolts are missing and the rest are only FINGER TIGHT.
-I procede to remove the pan and find the nut that is on the back side of the shaft is not even close to being tight which is allowing the shaft to "free wheel"
-I tried calling Rock-On 10+ times the next morning from 8am to 1130am and there was no answer.
-I BLOCKED MY PHONE NUMBER and Amy answered the phone.(the reason she wouldn't answer is b/c I called her the day before and she told me she would set up shipping to pick up my core and she didn't do it, so she didn't want to talk to me.)
-When she answered, I told her that I wanted to speak to Dave immediately, she asked why and I told her that I wanted someone to pick up the core and the SECOND transmission and I wanted my money back. She said she would give Dave the message and have him call me back.
-He never called me back, I called and talked to Dave Jr and told him the whole story and he said he would talk to his dad and have him call me on Sat. Sept 9.
-I called twice on Sat. b/c he didn't call me and left 2 voicemails for him to call me ASAP.
-I didn't get a phone call until Mon Sept 11 from Dave Jr and he told me that Dave Sr. refuses to give me my money back and that I can send the transmission back and have it fixed under warranty.

I don't want this transmission fixed, I want my money back! I was completely patient and understanding with Dave until this second transmission was sent with bolts missing and not torqued down properly. I didn't pay $2000+ for a tranny I have to work on BEFORE I put it in the car!

Something needs to be done about this!!!!

Last edited by 1fastz28nx; 09-14-2006 at 03:01 PM.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bump for a response from Rock On..................
Old 09-14-2006, 03:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ttt>>>>>>>>>>
Old 09-21-2006, 03:02 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,175 Likes on 764 Posts

We have temporarily removed their advertising until they clear up these transactions.

ADMIN

Quick Reply: Rock-On Transmission