LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Anyone else happen to get a BAD Futral cam!?? NEW CAMS SENT A LONG TIME AGO

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2006, 09:02 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Kraest
I've had nothing but GREAT experiences with Futral Motorsports.

Professional staff, great service, awesome power, all at an extremely reasonable cost.

Something like this is beyond their control and I'm sure Allan and the rest of the gang is just as frustrated as everyone else, since they are in no way at fault, yet have to deal with people dragging their name through the mud.
What is their fault is not making good on the damage from their cam, who should we go after - camotion? They are Futral's to go after, not us.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AFTICA

.I'm sure it wouldn't take much for it to become a class action suit with all the people out there that have spent alot of money dealing with his inferior products.
Let me know, I'd be in for that....I want my damn $$$$ back!

I think the admins need to look into this manner, don't you guys?
Old 11-06-2006, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Admins wont do much, it will be up to us to file a class action lawsuit against them, us meaning the peoplewho werent sent a corrected cam. All the admins can do is help set it up. I say we start by making a list of everyone has bought one and has had trouble it them. Name,Year Make & model, cam purchased, time when purchased and money involved fixing the damage.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:41 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slo_240sx
Admins wont do much, it will be up to us to file a class action lawsuit against them, us meaning the peoplewho werent sent a corrected cam. All the admins can do is help set it up. I say we start by making a list of everyone has bought one and has had trouble it them. Name,Year Make & model, cam purchased, time when purchased and money involved fixing the damage.

I'm game....let's all do it.
Old 11-06-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

i wonder if the f13 i bought off another member is a bad one?
Old 11-07-2006, 06:05 AM
On The Tree

Thank you for this thread guys. I was ready to pick one of their cams up, but now I will stay clear....
Old 11-07-2006, 07:02 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slo_240sx
I know I brought up the class action suit idea. Remember, the assets have to be easy to attach a judgement to and have to cover all the damage claims AND the attorneys fees. Individual small claim cases (or joint cases with people close-by) would be easy to win but collecting the money would be the expensive part especially if your out of state. Maybe a starting point would be filing complaints with the BBB http://www.bbb.org/ and/or his local chamber of commerce and letting everyone on these LSx boards who's thinking about buying a Futral product know what you've gone through with them. In the face of all the bad publicity he will either start paying for damages to try and save his business or just go away.

Last edited by GEARHED; 11-17-2006 at 09:53 PM.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:25 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ok, since this doesnt seem like everyone is satisfied. I will move this to sponsor feedback so there is no more unwanted comments.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:02 AM
Launching!

Exclamation Update

To be honest I really wouldn't want to file any type of law suit... I really don't think anybody would get much out of it besides more
I just really, really want a good cam that wont blow up, sound like a "supercharger" or be 180 degrees off, is that to much to ask for?!!

Anyways, sent them an e-mail on Monday night and John got back to me around noon yesterday. He's sending me another one (F11) by the end of this week with all new gasket's & a new crank bolt.
Like i said in my earlier post's, John has been nothing but helpful & with-ought him, they actually wouldn't have had my business from the get go. No other cam company that i called at the time took the time to talk to me and to explain & answer all the questions that i had but John.

All should be well, i hope.... If this next one is bad-God forbid. Then I will flip my lid and you better believe this will turn ugly and into a court battle. Other then that, i will go on my way and never look back

For those of you who are wondering what "batch" it was, no one knows. All they have is a ruff time line. So like "Patriots" , lol... You have to hope you have the good ones. He did say around 12 to 13 cam's were sent out, maybe more, maybe a little less I cant really answer that for you guys, so if your worried (I would be) I would keep calling them over and over and over.... Honestly, calling did not work out for me. I sent an e-mail, a very direct e-mail and lucky for me, John got it.

Joe
Old 11-17-2006, 04:39 PM
Launching!

Default Update

Well Futral (John) really came through in sending me everything he promised. I just recieved my new cam and everything else he told me a few days ago he would send me
Now here comes the fun part, takeing it all back apart
Oh well, shes very worth it, even though my reluctor on the cam was bad i still managed to put almost 1000 miles on my new set up. Thank God i have a my Predator so i was able to delete the cam code everytime it came up. Also for my local tuner that gave me a basic tune to hold me off through the brake in period.
So this means after this cam is in i can get the beast Dyno tuned

Now i sha'll pray that this cam is good..... I have faith that it is.

Here's what i receieved in the mail today

Ill keep ya'll updated.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:51 PM
TECH Veteran

I'm going to go back through this to see how many were resolved.

A sound off of the below would be appreciated:
User name
Date of batch order
Current status
Old 11-21-2006, 11:42 AM
TECH Veteran

There was no sound off so I talked to Futral directly about this issue.

TWISTEDTA: the agreement was for you to ship back the old cam. Please do that this week.

Pewter01ss: You got a new cam about three weeks ago. You also need to send back the old cam.

BlueCamSS: You got a new cam and had yours resolved as well before anyone else.

The one thing I do want to point out here is of all the items everyone buys for this hobby, from cams to chrome stem caps, the recall rate of parts we order and use is so low it barely registers on any scale.

This sport/hobby/way of life is based on learning the hard way - can't say I know of one person that had everything go smoothly from the outset. From a professional shop to a person doing some powder coating calipers in his garage on the side, not everything comes out right the first time but you suck it up and keep going having learned whatever it was you were meant to learn. There will be more problems in the future though if anyone were to look around they would see a bunch of "old people" that still love and work on their cars. It says something about this type of business and if you are cut out for it.

GEARHED
Old 11-23-2006, 12:52 AM
Launching!

Exclamation

Content removed as member did not realize they were responding to the moderator of this section.

Its all worked out regarding that aspect

Last edited by GEARHED; 11-26-2006 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Veteran

Edit: personal responses are now being left out.

The Sponsor cannot be reimbursed if they do not receive the old parts back. If you have a bad part, please return it so they can resolve your claim.

Considering what is being asked for in this thread to resolve the issue, this thread is being locked. John sent out new cams to everyone that had problems and ate some money along the way. Anything further is something you would need to take to small claims court - there is nothing left we can do in this forum.

GEARHED

Last edited by GEARHED; 11-26-2006 at 06:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone else happen to get a BAD Futral cam!?? NEW CAMS SENT A LONG TIME AGO