LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Speed inc

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2006, 09:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thumbs down Speed inc

Well I place and order for 3 items from speed inc on October 12th. A few days later I got a phone call saying that one of the items I ordered was on back order. No big deal they said it should be in stock in 10 days. So the other day I was looking at my credit card statement and saw that I had a charge from speed inc for the full amount on the already. I took my order number to track it on there website but nother came up. so I e-mailed them only to find out that one of my parts was still on back order and would be another 2 weeks!! This really wouldn't bother me except for the fact that they already charged my credit card for the parts i ordered and they hadn't sent me any of the parts I ordered yet. And they had no intention of sending me any of the parts I ordered until they all arrived. So that would mean I would get my parts a month after I was billed for them if they came in stock by then. I thought it was common practive to not bill the customer until all the parts are ready to ship for something like this, or at least send me the stuff they had in stock awhile. That is what Thunder Racing did for me last year on an order I placed. But the point is I have a $340 charge on my credit card that is getting charged interest and I wouldn't get the parts for another 2-3 weeks or so. After not getting any where with Jon on the phone I just canceled my order and I will take my business somewhere else. Sorry just really pissed about how it went down and had to rant
Old 11-01-2006, 12:36 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did give you options. Swapping part numbers, crediting the card, or flat out canceling the order. We would have also gladly shipped the other parts, you did not ask so I would not go as far as to say that you knew our intentions.

I don't see how we could have gone farther than those options seeing that the particular item will not be obtainable for a few more weeks. If you needed a lid swapping part numbers would get your car running, if you were worried about the charge sitting on the credit card the credit would have resolved that ... and unfortunately for us the last option of canceling the order was also there.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:37 AM
10 Second Club

When I got the phone call 2 weeks ago saying that the stuff was back ordered I asked if you you had shipped the other stuff and you said no you that you would ship it all out together. Secondly I said in one of my e-mails to you that I was not concerned about how soon I got the Lid I just wanted the other 2 items to try and use before the end of the racing season.
Old 11-01-2006, 08:15 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dschmittie1
When I got the phone call 2 weeks ago saying that the stuff was back ordered I asked if you you had shipped the other stuff and you said no you that you would ship it all out together. Secondly I said in one of my e-mails to you that I was not concerned about how soon I got the Lid I just wanted the other 2 items to try and use before the end of the racing season.
Looking back thru the e-mails you are correct. There was one sentence that mentioned the other two parts which I must have missed because the majority of the e-mail was in regards to being charged for the order - to which I offered to credit the card.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:40 AM
10 Second Club

The only offeres you made to me were to cancel my order, or credit my card. If you would have offered to me to ship the other 2 items now and ship the lid when it arrived, I would have agreed to that. But when I was initailly told of the back order and I asked the person who called me(I don't remeber there name) about shipping my other 2 items they said that they would wait to ship them out until the other part came in. So again this is why I was pissed to see my credit card already charged for the order.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Banned

When the order was placed the ETA on that product was not a month - and if it was we would have shipped out the other items. See my last post in regards to your last email, I am sorry that I missed it. You ended the e-mail with a specific complaint about the charge before we could ship the part - so that is why I offered to credit the card until it shipped.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:22 PM
10 Second Club

If you are willing to send me the 2 items I had ordered that you had in stock and then send me the lid when it gets in I have no problems with that and would do business with you but if you aren't willing to do that then I will take my business else where.
Old 11-01-2006, 07:34 PM
Banned

No problem - Tomorrow morning I will have tracking info and credit you for the lid. Then when the lids arrive I will contact you to see if you want that processed and shipped out.

Sorry for any miscommunication or misunderstandings.

-Jon
Old 11-01-2006, 08:02 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks for working things out with me.