LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

ON3MotorSports

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 03:57 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up ON3MotorSports

On November 14th I made a phone call to a company called ON3MotorSports.
The answering machine came on stating they were having phone problems and to leave your name & number and they would get back to you. After hearing that a few times and after several weeks, I now realize he is dodging people and telling them his phone system is down.
For a good reason I'm sure.
Dustin Robinette ended up calling me back.
I told him I was looking for a set of CUSTOM made OZ Galileo III wheels for my GTO.
I let him know that the price I had been previously quoted for the custom made set with KDW's and Drag Radials was $3,775.xx.
I had also told him with the custom made set No Modifications at all would have to be made for fitments on the GTO. They bolt right up! OZ actually has part #'s for the GTO wheels.
Fronts: 18X8 is GA81565B25XL
Rears: 18X9 Is GA81575B25XL
Dustin reassured me this was no problem and he would take good care of me.
Well, about 3 hours later Dustin called me back and said he had located a set of the wheels for me. I was like "HuH", those have to be CUSTOM made.
He said he had been in touch with "His Guy's" and all of them were using a split configuration set of wheels from a BMW M3. He later changed this to a series 3 BMW.
I was very skeptical and questioned him about the offsets. I knew what they were supposed to be. He told me that was not a problem and he "Guaranteed" the wheels and tire combo would have zero fitments issues! No cutting, no fending pulling, and no rolling the rear quarters would be needed to make them work.
"Just bolt them on", Dustin said.
I asked him, since I wasn't fully convinced if he would take them back if anything at all was wrong? "Yes , if there are ANY problems I got you covered!" he said!
Now you have to take into consideration here, the off the shelf wheels he was selling me had a price tag much lower than the price for OZ's custom set for the GTO. Over 800 hundred dollars less.
Well Dustin was conveying his excitement over finding the wheels & tires for my car, in fact he was so excited he tacked on another $75.00 for something or another!
I forget exactly what the extra $ was for! So here is this man sitting back at his desk with a moron by his tail charging and getting almost $1000.00 dollars more profit than normal on a set of off the shelf OZ Wheels! WoW!
I'm thinking just bolt them up, any problems and good ole Dustin has me covered!
Well these wheels were going to be on the way to me within a few days.
OOPS, Dustin called, they hit a snag, some kid DROPPED and damaged the darn wheels. It would now be even a longer wait for the wheels. Mind you now, he had already charged me for the set on November the 15th. Knowing full well the longer time had elapsed the harder it is to do a chargeback!
Well during this waiting period, which ended up being over a month I had spoken to two other OZ wheel suppliers who had told me these wheels WOULD NOT FIT!!! That is when they both in fact told me the GTO OZ Galileo III's had their own part #. Anything else would not fit!
I called Dustin to cancel my order. I told him I did not want the wheels.
He asked why, so I explained to him that "2" OZ wheel suppliers said this was a waste of time and to stop the transaction!
He said he was going to look into it and would call me back.
He got back to me FAST, and had found out that these guys (OZ Suppliers) were WRONG, and that "His Guys" were using this configuration all of the time! I told him I still didn't want them! He asked why again, and I flat out told him I thought it was BS and they weren't going to fit. He almost came through the phone line to brown nose me!
Then, that is when he told me he would test fit them on his own 2006 GTO, and if there were any problems he would not send them.
He shot 4 dark pics for me with them mounted on one side of his car, and in his email he said:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
" Here's proof that these wheels fit! "

Thanks again, John!
- Dustin @ On 3

On 3 Motorsports
1434 N 26th Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85053
PH: 602-269-0029
------------------------------------------------------------------------
He didn't drive the car out of respect, after all, they weren't his... (pffft)
I was still worried, the 4 grand price tag had me being VERY CAUTIOUS!
So I finally asked one last time, "Dustin, you guarantee they will fit or my money back right? After all, it is 4 grand!!!!
"Absolutely"!!!, he replied!
Here are pics of the wheels on my car from a 1/2 of a block ride.

Right Rear Above

Left Rear Above

Left Front after a small bump

Obviously these Wheels Do Not fit.They are not "Just as good as the custom set with no fitment issues"!!!

He refuses to take the Wheels back, and went as far to say,

" I don't remember giving you any guarantee!"
This guy in my opinion has gone back on his word and is very dishonest!

He never said his invoice contained disclosures that can really screw you either!
Also, I had told dustin I would eat the cost for the tires and lugs to try and make it easier for him only dealing with one vendor!
That was a Useless Offer! He absolutely refused to help me in any way!

He got these wheels through a Buddy up the street, who in turn got them from Tire Rack.
At least Tire Rack is smart enough not to have anything to do with him.
I'm posting this to warn you folks of what kind of person this guy is!
If your smart, you know what to do...

Last edited by Tinman1; 01-17-2007 at 10:18 PM.

Quick Reply: ON3MotorSports