LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Outlaw Performance

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 05:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Outlaw Performance

I posted feedback about them about a month ago when i got my car back. I said that they needed to work on talking to their customer a little more.

Well I had to bring my car back because 800 miles later it had the same problem (actually it spun two rod bearings this time). Tony told me he would fix the motor free of charge, but he would charge me to pull the motor/trans again. I told him i will bring the motor. (I don't think I should of had to do anything, but I spent a few days and pulled the motor/trans)

I brought the motor there three weeks ago yesterday. When i first talked to him he said he will get to it "in a day or two".

I emailed him the next Monday and asked when i could pick it up. He said "Its coming apart today. I will shoot you a email tonight and let you know."

Well i got no call/email...ect.

I called Friday with no answer. He e-mailed and said "Ill have an answer for you on Monday. I will call you."

Monday, i got no call but an e-mail saying: "Hey you lost 2 rod bearings one being the same cylinder from last time. Im
gonna try and get it so you dont have to pay anything. Your looking at about
400 to drop the motor and trans back in and get it running."

I asked him when i could drop the car off (i don't want to drop the motor/trans in myself). He hasn't got back to me. I called three times during the week with no answer. I also sent 2 e-mails with no answer. My dad stopped at the shop today and he wasn't there.

He left his cell with one of the shop guys who said tony will call him when he gets back to the shop. well you guessed it....no call, email...NOTHING.

So i am once again with out my daily driver for over three weeks. (last repair was over 5 weeks)

The shop guy also said they will be out of the shop for the next few days...

Just a heads up for some of you guys that are thinking of using this shop. There is almost no communication, and its getting old....really fast.

-Eric

Last edited by partyhardoo69; 01-24-2007 at 07:54 AM.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Another day goes by with no call/e-mail.
Old 01-24-2007, 10:59 PM
TECH Veteran

Outlaw is a suspended sponsor as of December for not paying their quarterly fees. We suspect they still do business through pm here - at that point it is "buyer beware" though I will leave this in sponsor feedback.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Tony has contacted me.

We will see how things go.