LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Horrible experience with Tomzwheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Horrible experience with Tomzwheels

This is purly an informative post for those who are thinking of dealing with Tomzwheels. I for one will never under any circumstance buy anything from him again. here is a link to the origonal sale thread, https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...0&page=1&pp=40
It all started off when i ordered and paid for a set of 17x9.5 and 18x10.5 black z06 non motorsport rims from Tomzwheels. i was then informed they were on back order. at this point it was no big deal and i was willing to wait for awhile. At first i was fishing for answeres once a week or so because we were told that the rims would be ariveing within 2 weeks. that was on 3-16-07, on 4-04-07 i asked again if there was any word on arrival date. on 4-16-07 there was still no update, no word, no emails returned by Tom. On 4-19-07 Tom says he ahs palced an order for the rims and they are on the way to the shop! Now i live in Texas and toms shop is only a few hours away, so i figured on 3 days for the rims to arrive at the shop and 3 days(at most) for the rims to show up at my house. nine days later (4-28-07)i posted a TTT on one of the threads for my own personal interest. Stil no Pm's replied, no emails returne di started getting annoyed, Tom has had my money for awhile and twice he had given estimated delivery dates, still no rims. On 5-3-07, day 36 my money has been in his bank and no rims delivered, i asked tom for an update. Then 5-09-07 with no rims, and no update in 21 days from Tom, and my money in his hand for 45 days, i bumped one of the threads again. I also contacted a mod because all attempts(phone,email,pms) to get ahold of info on my rims had failed. Tom finnaly gave me an update.
Later in the day he posts up that he has been on the road for a couple of weeks and left his buisness deals, on this forum, in the hands of one of his employees. Unforuntaly Tom didnt properly inform his employee of the situation, and offered me a refund. When he offered me this refund he left the option open for me to reorder these rims when they had them in hand, and he would be willing to work with me on shipping costs. Due to my job(offshore in the oilfield) i am sometimes un-available by phone or internet for days at a time. I told tom i wasnt interested in takeing a full refund because i didnt want to miss a reorder of these rims, but if he was willing adjusting the shipping a bit was acceptable.
On 5-11-07 someone from Tomz shop said Tom had been out of town for a few weeks and was going back out of town again the next week. they said they would try and keep up with pms/phones/emails. Once again on 5-24-07 i posted up to help remind Tom there was still no word on when these rims would be delivered after 3 months of waiting. Tom then says he sent me an email on the 21st that i never recived saying he was trying to get some rims custom painted and it wasnt working out. he also said the rims were in the process of manufacturing and there ws no date on delivery.
I waited a little bit longer and still no updates and still no rims i was completly done waiting and tired of the excuses and waiting. On June 4th, Tom sent me an email saying there was still no date for arrival. June 7th 2007 i decided to just change my order and get a refund on the differnce in prices on rims. I asked that when the rims were going to be shipped that i recive a tracking number so i could make sure they arrived before i left on vacation. The rims showed up a few days later with no tracking number ever recived.
The rims came with a check from Tomzwheels with a refund in the difference between the price on the 2 sets of rims. A couple of days alter just before leaveing on vacation i deposited Tom's check into my bank. On June 18th the refund check bounced Tom gives me a bunch of greif saying he wanted me to fax my personal bank info/statment showing that the check had indeed bounced, and that i was charged a bounced check fee. I wasnt willing to fax him this info due to all the other problems durring the 5 month dealings with him and his company. I went to the bank for some other buisness and decided to see if my perosnal banker could help any in this situation. She was kind enough to help me out and get things sorted out for me. She even waived a fee for tom to cancel his bounced check, glad he got smething out of this ordeal.
cliff notes: took me 4 months to get new rims, and they wernt even the ones i origonally wanted. Tomzwheels and Tom have the worst coustomer service i have ever encountered.
Sorry if it was hard to read, i am back at work and havent gotten mcuh sleep in a few days.
Brad
one completly dissatisfied coustomer.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:04 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by mukyluk
Tomzwheels and Tom have the worst customer service i have ever encountered.
Sorry to hear about the poor communication and dropped order processing. However, your own customer service isn't exactly stellar here either.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/negative-trader-feedback/613689-user-mukyluk-scam-artist-resolved.html
Old 06-26-2007, 02:20 PM
Launching!

i have had plenty of good transactions. i got screwed by one guy and everyone jumped on my case because hes the one who posted. if you would like to discuss that old thread feel free to send me a PM. i sent him a Ls6 intake, he took some pics and sent me back an Ls1 intake. but then again ive never seen an ls6 intake besides the one on my roommates Z07 and the hundreds of other cars with them in my area..i paid the money back because i was cheaper then lawyer fees to fight that guy in court.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:44 PM
FormerVendor

First of let me say I am sorry that your order did not go as smoothly as I would have liked. On the other hand we pretty much did everything we agreed to do and everything we could do. You knew the wheels were on backorder when you ordered them. We told you that we would get them to you as soon as we could. Unfortunately they never became available.

You were made aware of that and at any time we would have been happy to get a refund to you for the transaction. As to communication there are many times when the threads are not checked on a daily basis. On every thread I post I try allways to post our phone number of 1-866-939-1030 and encourage anyone to call with questions. There were some times that a thread was missed but at any time you could have phoned, sent a PM, or sent an E-mail. At all times those would have been responded to those and did so when you sent communication via those means..

Once again I am sorry we were unable to get you the wheels you wanted in a timely manner. On the other hand it is not a situation where we did anything to cheat or defraud you nor is it a situation where you were cheated out of anything. We work very hard here to give the best customer service we can but occasionally things happen that we have no control over. We certainly did not go out our way to do anything that could cause harm to you or hurt your reputation.

Thanks
Tom
1-866-939-1030
Old 06-26-2007, 06:26 PM
Launching!

Glad you responded Tom, this was just a chronological order of my experince. You may not feel you did anything wrong, or you may have "looked over the post occasionally" but getting no responses from you in over a month; Yes from the PM's and emails i sent, really got under my skin. Then it taken my banker to actually get my refund from you was down right silly. I just wanted to post up my experience with you/your company.

Quick Reply: Horrible experience with Tomzwheels