LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Scoggin Dickey

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 10:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Scoggin Dickey

Well as some of you know I have been installing my 427 LS7 into my 02 trans am. Well got everything done and have been waiting on my kooks headers since Sat. Well heres what happened I ordered a set of offroad 1 7/8s kooks headers and offroad pipe on Fri from scoggin and dickey talked to Marty. After being told he had em in stock, I asked that they be overnighted and sat delivered as I only had a car till Sun so needed these to finish the car. I gave him my credit card # and waited never got a phone call back. Well I know they are busy there but I for one expect someone to call me and say "hey we got ya taken care of looks like shipping to you will be $500." Well being they are in Texas seemed kinda high considering i overnighted a set of 1 7/8s and Y pipe from american racing, who are in NY, and it only cost me $300. But irregardless they did get here on Sat, but the headers were not offroad they were emissions. So I emailed them being they were no longer open. Mon morning I called and talked with a few people and finally heard back from Marty, who tried to blame me for the no call back saying i didnt ask him too. Well I didnt know I needed to ask, to me its common sense to let your customer know first off that they got em out, second off to give me a tracking number in case of a prob, and third to let me know how much the total was gunna be. Then he said he didnt have the right headers but he'd call kooks and see whats going on. He called me back and said they were making some sets for them and they wouldnt be ready till Tues and then he would have them overnighted to me so i could have them weds. I also asked for the adaptor harness for switching from an LS1 to an LS7 motor. But again dont hear what the staus is or whats going on. I called and called left numerous messages and no call back. Finally got a hold of him yesterday to make sure that the headers and harness went out overnight to me. He said that as far as he knew they did. Well here I am today and I called Kooks directly and talked to Chris he said that they sent the order out Mon UPS ground. Hum weird considering marty said he talked to em and they had none to send to me till tues and that they would be overnighted. I did recieve the harness this morning and charged me for it, again without telling me how much, or that it was even sent. I called SDPC this morning and talked to Tim, who acually does call back and does try and make you feel like hes truely sorry not act like a jerk and say ow well. I, being a buisness owner would be doing all i could to make this right and asking "Hey what can i do to make this right by ya sir?" But no Marty has a different approach I guess. Now I did get a call from kooks and she said it was her fault that the order was faxed in and it was suppose to be overnighted but they dropped the ball. Ok I would believe this if it wasnt for the fact that Marty said he personally talked to em and none would be ready till tues, weird considering they shipped out ground on Mon. But whatever so i am out another day til tomarrow and stuck paying over 80 bucks a day since Mon for a rental all waiting for these headers. So I have asked that my $500+ shipping charges be reimbursed to me being that it wasnt my screw up and I shouldnt have to pay for their mistake, I could have ordered them regular and got them tomarrow. Hope everyone elses buisness practices with them go alot smoother than mine did. Tim is tryin to see what he can do and if they dont at least see that its only fair that I recieve the shipping back I will be highly disappointed

Last edited by bandit1; 07-25-2007 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:26 AM
11 Second Club

Well Tim at SDPC has gone above and beyond showing me the customer service I had gotten use too with them and has taken care of me on the shipping and I will continue to do buisness with them and hope my next dealing go alot smoother. Thanks Tim
Old 07-25-2007, 11:27 AM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

Ok, I'll step in, since Marty is out of his office for the next couple days, to clarify a few things.

You were charged exactly what it cost us to ship the headers and Y-pipe which was $367.11, not $500. There was no mark-up in that, no handling fees, etc. You were upset because they came in two separate boxes and you thought that was unfair or wrong somehow. That's how Kooks boxes them, and that's how we along with all of the other WD's and jobbers ship them.

I heard Marty talking to you about the miscommunication, and he apologized for getting you the emissions headers instead of off-road. Again, that was a simple miscommunication and he (from all I can see) went out of his way to remedy the situation! We were out of the race headers, so he called Kooks to get them to overnight a set out to you. He did not charge you for those headers in the meantime until we got the others back (which is standard policy for most any business out there). He did not charge you any more freight (of course) to overnight the headers out from Kooks to you.

And then Kooks, after receiving the PO to overnight the correct headers out, mistakingly sent them out ground. I am also told that Danielle (I think it was Danielle) called you directly to explain the mistake and that it was on Kooks' side, not ours. To fix that, they also sent out another set of headers from Kooks OVERNIGHT to you, and instructed you to refuse the other set.

You're on the phone as I type this with Tim, who is helping me fix this mess and is going to refund your $367.11 in shipping charges for the inconvenience.

And in closing (not to step on toes as I wasn't even involved with the original transaction): It's VERY difficult for us to call back each and every customer that orders from us with a total/tracking/etc. If we did that, we would not be able to handle the massive call volume we receive daily. If you want these items, they are a phone call away and we are more than happy to give you that information as son as it is available!

We appreciate your business and value your feedback! At the end of the day, we're all consumers in one way or another and we try to treat you with the same respect and appreciation as we expect from vendors we shop with!

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help you! And again, I am sorry that Marty has not been here to talk with directly on this one today.

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice

Old 07-25-2007, 04:29 PM
11 Second Club

okay I am not going to knit pick as I dont see it nessissary, but not once did Marty seem even remotely sorry. Tim on the other hand was awesome as stated above. I dont have my reciept in front of me but if thats what you say I was charged then its got to be so. Secondly he did call me and told me he WOULD not send the other headers to me until the others were picked up so I went out of my way to get them to the UPS pick up and used your UPS account number to ship them out on mon so that he would. Then when I called back with the tracking number he needed another number from them so I again went back to the shipping company and let him talk to them personally.

But as i stated I have been taken care of and am happy with the way its been resolved so no nevermind. I feel untitled to my own feelings and experiences with this matter. Did marty act sorry to me no, but that may be just how he is. Tim made me feel like i was his only customer and did do everything in his power to help me out, because of him I will continue to do buisness with SDPC. I being a buisness owner whether I have a large call volume or a little still make it a priority to keep my customers in the loop. But there again thats my practice and maybe I just expected the same. UPS and FEDEX have alot of packages get lost or routed wrong etc etc and thats why getting a tracking number is so valuable.

No hard feelings and hope all is well with everyone there. Thank you for all your help and I figure this closed, mods if you read this please close this thread with a resolved and thank you for your time as well.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:06 PM
LS1TECH & Trucks Sponsor

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

I understand completely, and did not hear the original conversations yesterday...only feedback from other guys working nearby.

In any case, I am glad we've got it taken care of for you. And again, if there anything I can do personally to help you in the future, let me know!

800-456-0211 / PM / Facebook
WHIPPLE Superchargers, Procharger, Magnuson, Powerbond Sale, HPTuners packages!, Trickflow, AFR, PRC, CHE Trunion upgrade, $100 7.400" pushrod set, Custom Cam of your choice