LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

QTP product and company FTL

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 12:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down QTP product and company FTL

I bought QTP cutouts about a year and a half ago. Two weeks after I installed them, one cutout failed. Bob at pm-fl sent me a new one and sent the broken one back to QTP. Thank you Bob, your a great person to deal with. Then about a month ago the replacement cutout failed. At this point its not covered under warranty and I do not want to spend $150 for a new on. I called QTP and ordered a replacement motor for $35 and had them 2 day ship it. One week later, it had not come so I called to see what was going on. They told me my credit card was declined and they left a message. I did not recieve a phone call so I asked what number they had. It was wrong and it is a number that doesnt excist. Then I ask what CC number they had and it was wrong as well. They did have the correct email but did not send any message. Well by this time I need it and they sent it next day. When I recieved it, I looked at the invoice and they charged me $50 for shipping. I called them and talked to Ray. He went off on a rant that he was going to fire the person that took my order. He asked me who I talked to and if he sounded like a RETARD. He then told me to email the info to him so he could give it to his boss. I did, this is what I got back:

Michael
Sorry but your credit card was declined. We try to get in touch with
customers but if we an there is nothing we can do about. You requested
it
shipped next day and we shipped it next day. You paid for the shipping
charges.
Sales Team

So now if people ask me what kind of cutouts I have, I will tell them: They are QTP's and they are CRAP, I would not recomend them.
The QTP company and products have failed me, AGAIN!

So tell me, am I wrong for being mad that they charged me $50 after the could not get my phone number, credit card number, requested time correct, or a quality product to me? Then tell me that there employee is a retard and they are not responsible.
Old 10-23-2007, 01:03 AM
Teching In

UN FU**ING BELIEVABLE!
3 weeks after the 2nd motor went bad, now a third motor is starting to go south.

Gee, thanks RAY and everyone at qtp for making such a pile of product and then giving your customers the shaft!
Old 10-23-2007, 01:46 AM
TECH Veteran

The first post was not addressed considering the information they had was one you gave to them that was a friend's information. There is only so much they can do at that point and if you are wanting a part the next day, then shipping charges can be that high.

As for the second post - I'm starting to wonder if you have a voltage issue or are mounting the cutout improperly crimping the wires or baking the motor. Check into that first, contact QTP second, post up here third.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:18 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since you think our product is such garbage, i think it would be best if you bought another brand. Since you already broke 4 units which shows that it is install wrong and must be hitting something.
Old 10-23-2007, 11:25 PM
Teching In

Gearhead, I dont under stand the first part of your post. These are my own issues, not a "friend". QTP's employees are the ones that got info incorrect and forced the next day air. Their employee LIED by saying he "left a message". No email was sent, except after it was shipped.
I have followed your three step process, I am now on step three.

I have broke 4 units? How about 3 of your products have failed.
1st cutout to fail was on the right exhaust, 2nd was on the left exhaust, and now the 3rd is back on the right side. Wow, two of them actually lasted 1 year. WOW
As for the install, it has been checked and is in order like your directions state. (voltage, wiring, and mounting)
As for RAY, I guess I shouldn't have trusted him to rectify the issue, after hearing him talk about "retards" and "firing that idiot". You know "that person that is making YOU look bad".
Your answer on your web site about how your product compares to others is laughable, Like when you say other companies are hard to get ahold off. Seems like almost every time I called you I got a busy sound or no answer at all. And everyone elses product is made in a garage. Wow is that the best you have to compare your product too?

OH BTW, I find it to be a great thing that performance company that sold the cutout to me, no longer sells your product because of issues with your company and product.

Last edited by mad mike; 10-24-2007 at 12:30 AM.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:44 AM
TECH Veteran

This is going to be an "agree to disagree/they said I say" thread.
You are unhappy with their product yet there are threads all over this site of satisfied customers with the same cutouts, past and present.

If you feel their product is inferior, send it to another shop to see what they may say to find out what the issue is. It is difficult to belive you are the only one having this problem with their cutouts and replacement motor. It isn't like they are picking on you in specific so do a little leg work to get it figured out.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:14 PM
Teching In

I can understand you because your trying to stick up for a company that helps pay for this site. You keep telling me to do a little leg work. Im telling you that I have.
Wether this is a "agree to disagree/they said I say" is true about the product. But it is not the same when it comes to the company sevice. They have done nothing but tell me to buy someone elses product. You know, the ones they say are made is garages.

Quick Reply: QTP product and company FTL