LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

QTP cutout issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Question QTP cutout issues

Hello All. I had my QTP electric cutout installed last June and absolutely loved it. The motor just gave up on me last week (there were some intermittent problems over the past couple of months), so I called QTP only to learn that they only offer a 90 day warranty. The cost of repairing the motor is $35 (which isn't a ton of money, however the priciple here is bothersome to me). WTF? These were the same guys that very publicly advertise how they happily stand behind their products and that's why they have over 25,000 customers. I don't think a 90 day warranty is indicative of such. I hope they're not counting on adding my name to their "repeat customer" list.

Does anyone have any feedback on the DMH electric cutouts. It looks like I can pick one up for around $179ish and it comes with a 4 year warranty. Given that these aren't marketed as aggressively as the QTP, there's less info out there on the company and I'm not sure what to expect from a customer service standpoint, however even if it took a day or two for a response from them for a warranty return, I would still be well ahead of where I am with QTP right now. Any thoughts??
Old 02-27-2008, 12:31 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am going to move this to Feedback since this a board sponsor.

Quick Reply: QTP cutout issues