LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Performabuilt Issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Performabuilt Issues

Let me preface this with..If you have not had issues with Performabuilt, kudos to you. This is my opinion, experience and problems with the purchase of a transmission from Performabuilt. Received in March 2008. It had cracked case, worn area of case porus and scratched. Caked on grease that was painted over and excessive end play of
.048, which should have been .004 to .027 on a 2004R.
Frank says that .048 was good setting. After being blown off by Frank I disassembled tranny and found forward clutch housing had worn grooves that would cause clutch
steels to hang up. Thrust washer side galled. Direct clutch snap ring not fully seated. 3 diff types of clutches and 2 diff brands. Forward clutch steels scratched and chatter marks. Thrust washer at pump embedded grit and burnt,
input drum thrust washer severly worn. Deep groove, no copper coating(probably used). Bottom of servo had 1/4"
of gritty sludge. Oil pan-piece of broken plastic and grit that felt and looked like sand. Customer service amounts to the customer being the repair person for them. I have pictures I took and will forward if you are a doubter.
As for upgrades it was a poor stock rebuild with a shift kit in my opinion. His answer to this was put back together and he would have picked up and would gladly refund my money. Well, he has the transmission and my money. He refuses to refund. After he received transmission, he claimed missing parts, that's why no refund. He received every part except a new seal kit. He must think I should
"REBUILD" the transmission and correct their problems.
Very unfair and not reputable, in my opinion.
Do a lot of research before purchasing from Performabuilt.
Buyer beware!!!
Old 04-17-2008, 10:46 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

This gentleman bought a 2004r trans from us off ebay, He joined this forum for no other purpose than to trash us. He never installed , He disassembled decided he didnt like the way it was biult and sent it back in a platic tuperware container parts missing disassemble. He posted a negative on ebay also. He should have just returned the unit if he didnt want it and we would have refunded,I have nothing else to say on this matter except it does not belong here.

Adding this from the better business bureau

----- Original Message ----- From: Better Business Bureau
To: Complaints
Sent: Friday, April 25, 2008 6:38 AM
Subject: BBB Complaint Case#22016469(Ref#7-93007606-22016469-13-8100)

We have received additional correspondence in the above-mentioned complaint case.

The consumer has indicated that they are NOT satisfied with your response in the matter.

However, in the judgement of the Better Business Bureau, you (the business) have made a good-faith effort to help resolve the matter. Although, we realize that the consumer may still feel the matter is not resolved, we have closed the case as ADMINISTRATIVELY JUDGED RESOLVED.

The Better Business Bureau develops and maintains Reliability Reports on companies across the United States and Canada. This information is available to the public and is frequently used by potential customers. Your level of cooperation in resolving to this complaint becomes a part of your file with the Better Business Bureau.

Sincerely,
Kelly Nolan

NE & Central PA Better Business Bureu

Call 888-744-6542

Last edited by performabuilt; 04-25-2008 at 06:33 PM.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performabuilt Issues

EXCUSE ME!!!! When I purchase a product with my hard earned $$, funny buttt I expect to receive a product of kind. Of course you have nothing further to say about it, I should expect more???? He is correct, I did leave bad feedback and I did take it apart for the reasons I stated above. Why "DON't YOU MAN UP" Frank and admit everything doesn't go as it should in a perfect world and
"REFUND" my money!!!!! If you would have sent to me
what you advertised, THERE WOULD OF BEEN NO PROBLEM
Old 04-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First bad report I have seen on them...in fact we have had customers tell us how awesome Performabuilt stood behind their product....and we compete against them so this is anything but biased. It was good to here their side of the story....so how about contributing something positive to this site?

Quick Reply: Performabuilt Issues