LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

TR screw up: In Resolution

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 07:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down TR screw up: In Resolution

i've used Thunder Racing before and was pleased with their customer service so i'm posting this to share my recent let down with Thunder racing or maybe it was just Gene at Thunder racing. i called and was dealing with Gene about ordering a Spec 3+ clutch kit and billet steel flywheel so i requested price and availability. well it seems Gene either had atleast 5 other things going on or just doesn't have good customer service skills b/c it literally took him atleast 15 minutes to get me the info i requested while constantly asking me over and over again what it was i needed. it got soooo bad i had to stop and ask him if he was the same person that i'd been dealing with on the phone with this whole time b/c the only thing i was asking was price and availability of a SPEC3+ CLUTCH KIT AND STEEL FLYWHEEL. it really did get ridiculous on how many times he came back on the phone to ask me the same questions. so after being quoted with list price and shipping of 3 days i agreed to the purchase, gave him my credit card info and verified with him that they had my correct phone# and email address so i could be notified of any ordering issues and get a invoice of our transaction. i honestly didn't feel too good about my phone order being completed b/c of who i dealt with on the phone but i verified that my credit card was charged that night so i did feel a little better.
ok so almost 2 weeks pass(1day shy) and still no clutch, still no email invoice, just credit card interest on a clutch kit paid for 2 weeks ago is all i was feeling so i placed a call to TR in the morning time. i don't know who i spoke with--could have been Gene again--and explained my ordering concerns. the man verified my contact phone # and told me he would be back in touch after calling spec to find out what the hold up was. 4 hours pass with no call back so i call again--i think i got the same guy from the morning call--and he asks me to stay on the line while he gets spec on the phone. after a brief wait he informs me that the 3+ is on backorder and it will take 2 days to build and ship. i'm familiar with parts and service so i told the guy if hasn't been built or shipped then it was obvious that they did not have an order for it. so i asked the guy to be honest with me on if they had infact placed my order with spec. he answered me honestly that NO order had been placed by them and told me it would ship in 2 business days after he put his purchase order in with them--so i did not cancel my order like i had originally planned on doing if they had not ordered my stuff from spec yet.
so my next words with the man were about how displeased i was on Gene's customer service skills and the fact my credit card was charged 2 weeks before they even made my order. he explained to me that GENE is not responsible for placing drop shipped orders. SO why is this guy even allowed to take phone orders and process invoices then??? i take this as, its not Gene that screwed up but Thunder Racing that dropped the ball. well i got my clutch kit and flywheel the day it was promised--ended up being a total of 20 days to get to me.

sorry for the long rant. i'm sure i was just the ONE that slipped through the cracks. i just wish TR would've done something else for a repeat customer to better my situation. i'm sure i'll forget about all this once i can start racing my car again.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:38 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sstony,

Can you PM me your contact info? I would like to dig a little deeper into the situation as to prevent this from happening again. I am truly sorry for the mix-up on your order and would like to talk to you about making it right. As we all know, sometimes mistakes happen but here at Thunder we pride ourselves on our ability to admit them and take care of the customer when they do occur. Not to make excuses, but we have hired 5 new people in the last 6 months (that was Gene's first week...) so we have had our bumps and brusies lately.

Just shoot me a PM or give me a call here at the shop... I am sure I can make your recent experience with us a good one.

Thanks,
Shane

Originally Posted by sstony
i've used Thunder Racing before and was pleased with their customer service so i'm posting this to share my recent let down with Thunder racing or maybe it was just Gene at Thunder racing. i called and was dealing with Gene about ordering a Spec 3+ clutch kit and billet steel flywheel so i requested price and availability. well it seems Gene either had atleast 5 other things going on or just doesn't have good customer service skills b/c it literally took him atleast 15 minutes to get me the info i requested while constantly asking me over and over again what it was i needed. it got soooo bad i had to stop and ask him if he was the same person that i'd been dealing with on the phone with this whole time b/c the only thing i was asking was price and availability of a SPEC3+ CLUTCH KIT AND STEEL FLYWHEEL. it really did get ridiculous on how many times he came back on the phone to ask me the same questions. so after being quoted with list price and shipping of 3 days i agreed to the purchase, gave him my credit card info and verified with him that they had my correct phone# and email address so i could be notified of any ordering issues and get a invoice of our transaction. i honestly didn't feel too good about my phone order being completed b/c of who i dealt with on the phone but i verified that my credit card was charged that night so i did feel a little better.
ok so almost 2 weeks pass(1day shy) and still no clutch, still no email invoice, just credit card interest on a clutch kit paid for 2 weeks ago is all i was feeling so i placed a call to TR in the morning time. i don't know who i spoke with--could have been Gene again--and explained my ordering concerns. the man verified my contact phone # and told me he would be back in touch after calling spec to find out what the hold up was. 4 hours pass with no call back so i call again--i think i got the same guy from the morning call--and he asks me to stay on the line while he gets spec on the phone. after a brief wait he informs me that the 3+ is on backorder and it will take 2 days to build and ship. i'm familiar with parts and service so i told the guy if hasn't been built or shipped then it was obvious that they did not have an order for it. so i asked the guy to be honest with me on if they had infact placed my order with spec. he answered me honestly that NO order had been placed by them and told me it would ship in 2 business days after he put his purchase order in with them--so i did not cancel my order like i had originally planned on doing if they had not ordered my stuff from spec yet.
so my next words with the man were about how displeased i was on Gene's customer service skills and the fact my credit card was charged 2 weeks before they even made my order. he explained to me that GENE is not responsible for placing drop shipped orders. SO why is this guy even allowed to take phone orders and process invoices then??? i take this as, its not Gene that screwed up but Thunder Racing that dropped the ball. well i got my clutch kit and flywheel the day it was promised--ended up being a total of 20 days to get to me.

sorry for the long rant. i'm sure i was just the ONE that slipped through the cracks. i just wish TR would've done something else for a repeat customer to better my situation. i'm sure i'll forget about all this once i can start racing my car again.