LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Abear motorsports: 2 months wait and wrong part, dont fit: RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 06:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post Abear motorsports: 2 months wait and wrong part, dont fit: RESOLVED

Ordered a set of Abear Motorsports $595 dollar valve covers.

I told them what I was doing with a 68 camaro ls1 conversion and asked how tall the valve covers were, was told "about 3" tall" and will fit with most setups. I told them I only have about 3-1/4" of room...no problem right?

I ordered them and they were supposed to come polished. So they show up, nope. They are machined. Plus they have tool cutter marks on one of them where the tool left swirls in it where the tool kind of "hung up" or moved too slowly on one end and isnt up to the quality level I'm looking for for a $600 set of valve covers.....

Also they are 4" tall, they have no chance at all of clearing or fitting...AND

ARGHHH...they took two months to get here when they promised 4 weeks too.

At this point I dont have time to deal with it..i wanna just send them back and get a refund. I called and left a message, I hope they handle this well...
Old 07-01-2008, 07:05 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Box them up and send them back. We'll issue a full refund once they get here.

Sorry for the confusion but if you talked to me I'm positive I would have let you know they are about 3 AND 3/4" tall (3.73" to be more exact). I get that question 5 times a day...As for them being late, our supplier was 2-3 weeks late getting us our parts and it pushed everything back a ways.

Also, you weren't charged for polishing. PM me your email address and I'll send you a return label so you're not losing any money.

Again, sorry for the confusion.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:30 AM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is exactly the reply and living up to expectations I hoped for from a standup business.

and by doing that I will be purchasing from your company again in the future for my customers needs...you havent lost my future business.

Beautiful product and i feel if they were polished and fit my application/needs, I would have loved to use them.

Quick Reply: Abear motorsports: 2 months wait and wrong part, dont fit: RESOLVED