LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Nightmare with Sixspeedsinc - RESOLVED

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 09:23 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nightmare with Sixspeedsinc - RESOLVED

I am posting this so that this does not happen to someone else. I will only state facts, not opinion.

I places an order with Sixspeeds for a complete transmission near March 1st. 500.00 was removed from my Visa account on March 5, 2008. This was to be a stage 4 retro style t56 (87 iroc) with viper input/output shaft upgrades. Total price was to be 2750.00 shipped to my door. Amber told me it would take approx 3 weeks to complete the build. I told her that three weeks was not a problem at all.

After approx 6 weeks with no communications from sixspeedsinc I contacted Amber for an update. Amber told me by telephone that she did not have the correct tailshaft housing for my build yet, but that it would arrive soon and build time would not be a problem. I asked Amber to please keep me updated a little more often so that I would not feel in the dark. She said no problem.

As of May 1st, I made contact again with Amber. She said the transmission was near completion and to go ahead and pay the balance. I made a second payment of 2250.00 on May the 1st.

Apparently the transmission had not been assembled yet and we had few email contacts back and forth concerning input shaft lengths. We both decided that the length had been figured out correctly and it was time for assembly, according to her. This is now mid May.

After waiting another month with no transmission, I made contact again with Amber. She said she was having problems with her shipping company and was setting up an account with Con-Way and as soon as the account was open, my transmission would ship out.

On 06/18/08 I received an e-mail from Amber stating this. “Our Conway account is now open and our first pickup is tomorrow. Once they pick it up and give me the delivery date I will email it your way. Have a good afternoon.” Notice how she always leaves herself an out by using “our first pickup” and “once they pick it up”, she never says a date and never says they will be picking up mine on the first pickup. I asked her to let me know when mine shipped out and to send me tracking number so that I could track the shipment from home.

June 26th, via e-mail “Arn, Sorry I am out with the baby. They should have told you that when you called. He has been sick since getting his shots. I will not be in until monday but will forward the tracking number then. It should be delivered on monday anyway if my mind serves me correct.”

I talk to Amber on Monday(June 30th), the transmission is still(supposedly) at the shop. She claims she is shipping out “tomorrow before 4:00 pm central)” July 1st. Then she proceeds to produce a Con-Way freight straight bill of lading (the invoice and tracking number) and sends it to me via e-mail. The Con-Way Pro # 152-347764 with a date of 06/30/08.

I am now able to go onto to tracking with Con-Way and see an estimated delivery of July 2nd. I contact Con-Way freight on July 1st after 5:00 central to see if the transmission is on its way. They say “Yes, it is scheduled to be delivered to you on July second. But wait, I do not see that this item has been billed. It may not have been picked up yet. You better call the Texas hub and verify pickup.”

I call the Texas hub and they tell me there has been no pickup of my transmission and not only that but there is no scheduled pickup from Sixspeedsinc.

I immediately contact Amber via e-mail and ask why she is lying to me. She says “Arn, Since you think I haven’t told the truth I am going to issue you a refund. It will be emailed to you within 10 minutes. You didn’t even give me the opportunity to tell you the pickup has occurred today. Refund should hit your bank within 2 days.”

I e-mailed back and told her how I know there has not been any pickup today and that she is still lying. No response.

July 2nd, 2,250.00 is refunded back into my Visa account. No 500.00.

I contact Amber. She says the 500.00 was sent through a different processor and it could take up to 10 business days to show into my account.

Ten+ business days pass(from July 1st when she claims she did the refund), nothing. I contacted her again via e-mail. She says the transaction has been made (the same one, not a new one) and the 500.00 has been removed from her account. She says the trans ID# is MA05894771045. I have not received the 500.00 back nor any e-mails to confirm the transaction. I did receive an e-mail for the 2,250.00 refund as soon as she did the transaction.

I am still out 500.00 of my money. Ambers answers are always vague and pacifying. She has lied to me several times throughout this whole ordeal and I believe she is lying again (about the 500.00). I have been dealing with this company for almost 6 months.

I don't know about any of you out there that run a business, but I would never even think about treating a customer of mine like this.

Everything I have stated IS factual. I have nothing personal against Sixspeedsinc. I do however have a personal matter with them as far as stealing my money and time for no reason. If they didn't want to build my tranny, they could have said no thanks and I would have been on my way to D&D, no problem. But here it is 6 months later and I am out 500.00. This company is TOTALLY incompetent. Deal with them at your own risk.

I have kept all e-mails and the phony shipping invoice if any one of you would like to see them or does not believe me. I have nothing to gain by this post (well, except maybe MY 500.00 back). I just do not want this to happen to someone else.

ARN W. ATWOOD
Old 08-21-2008, 09:57 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Arn,

I refunded your full amount over 2 months ago. I just took care of the $500 plus the 3%. If I had known I would have done that sooner.

Amber
Old 08-21-2008, 09:58 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sent via Paypal by the way.

Amber
Old 08-21-2008, 11:48 AM
Teching In

Thank god for public forums. All I need to say.
ARN
Old 08-21-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

WOW, that link for atwoodperformance was flagged by our anti-virus software as having a trojan virus attached to it. DONT CLICK!!!!!

BTW, SIXSPEEDS INC is the ****!! Awesome customer service!!!

Quick Reply: Nightmare with Sixspeedsinc - RESOLVED