LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Difficulties with Thunder Racing

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Difficulties with Thunder Racing

I have recently had an issue with Thunder Racing, but dont get me wrong, I have ordered lots of parts through them and have never had any other negative experiences and the shipping is always very fast.

I had ordered some suspension parts (k-member, sway bar, upper & lower control arms) and I had ordered them in red and payed extra to have them painted red. However, when I recieved them they were in the black hammertone. I notified my sales rep of the issue and he said he would contact the manufacturer and get back to me. He notified me later that the manufacturer requested pictures be taken of the incorrectly painted parts and email them to the manufacturer rep. I did so and recieved no response from the manufacturer, at which point I emailed my sales rep and requested that I preferred to just be refunded the extra money I payed to have them painted red ($120.00 U.S.) due to the cost of duties and the time involved to have them shipped back and forth, and to send the money through paypal to the account that I had ordered the parts through. He told me that was ok and would send the payment right away. A week had passed and I still had recieved no payment, at which point I emailed my sales rep again saying I still hadnt recieved the payment. He told me that it might have been an issue with the accounting department being able to send a payment through paypal because the order was over 30 days old, at which point he proceeded to tell me that he would contact Paypal in the morning and see if they could resolve the issue and have my payment sent, if not then he would notify me and find out an alternate way to refund my money. A few days passed an I had not gotten any response, so I emailed again to see what was going on, I waited 5 more days and still had not recieved any response. I emailed one last time to see what was going on, about two weeks ago and I still to this day have not recieved any response, nor have I recieved my payment. I have also emailed general sales about the issue 4 days ago, and I still have heard no response.

But ya like I said, I have always had good experiences with Thunder Racing, just this one issue has really been bothering me.

Last edited by Clayman; 08-29-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you tried calling them? Im sure you will get a better response via phone.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:38 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Clayman,

Can you ssend me your email address from which you sent the PayPal payment? (via PM if you like) Angie says she refunded your account about a month ago. I need your email address to search through the paypal account and find the record.

FWIW, BMR does ship products by mistake from time to time and your order was one such occaision. Angie had thought this taken care of some time ago so please bear with me so we can make sure you are taken care of.

Thanks for your patience.

Shane

Quick Reply: Difficulties with Thunder Racing