LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

this car is turning into a real piece of shit

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008 | 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^werd

your car got fixed and now your gonna sue...you sir, are one of the problems with the U.S.
Old 12-16-2008 | 08:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Batman
^^^werd

your car got fixed and now your gonna sue...you sir, are one of the problems with the U.S.
Are you serious, Ive had GM say they fixed my car 4 times now for the seat belt/airbag light, guess what ****** it still comes on! **** you and your "werd your car got fixed and now your gonna sue..." ****, I guess you haven't been FUCKED over by these ******** yourself have you? And if you have you would reserve your thought till after all is good!
Old 12-16-2008 | 09:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS4SPEED
DUDE RELAX! TAKE A BREATH, NO NEED TO BE AN ******* HERE! It doesn't matter what GM dealer he took it into for warranty repair. What matters is the fact that they couldn't fix it after 4 try's! GO **** YOURSELF IF YOU CANT FIGURE ALL THIS **** OUT, HE EXPLAINED ALL OF IT CLEARLY, AT LEAST TO A NORMAL HUMAN! THEY WILL ONLY GIVE OUT A LOANER IF THE REPAIR IS EXPECTED TO TAKE LONGER THAN 24 HOURS! DUMB ***! AND WITHOUT AN EXPLANATION OF REPAIR THAT'S ALL YOU GET. Now Ive waited for a loaner for my airbag light, but my car was drivable. his wasn't!
Loser *******! Be nice next time!
The dealer provided a poor service, the dealer's service department provided a poor service. I could see why you'd trash the talk service department, bitch about the fact the dealer's techs suck, but suing GM over this? Seriousily? Everyone on this board has likely been to a dealership we wouldn't trust to change the oil let alone fix anything, but we didn't sue, we went to a different dealer. I went in to Jim Bradley for some warranty work once, they ran 2 days over schedule and I never went back. I started going to Prestige across town and never had a problem for all the other warrant work I had done. I dislike how GM structures its dealerships and the lack of control it exerts over them, but I'm not going to run out and sue them for it. It does make me less likely to buy a GM to a degree, but thats capitalism works. You vote with where you spend your money, not by suing everytime you get annoyed.

Yes it sucks that your dealership just blindly follows the computer and replaces whatever part it tells them w/o thinking about it, but that doesn't seem like something you can sue them over. It makes sense though, some kid with some tech training hooked up OBD II, saw the computer said "Replace this sensor, its bad." He never bothered to check to make sure the computer itself wasn't messed up. Yeah, I think they'd check that when the car came back for a second try, but like I said some dealers are stupid.

If I could sue companies for having stupid employees I'd be living in Tahiti and cashing checks from my lawsuit against WalMart.

If any mechanic went 0 and 2 with fixing a problem I really doubt I'd ever even drive my car into their lot again, let alone a 3rd time or a 4th time.

Oh on the subject of loaners, GM typically discourages the crossing of lines during the warranty period so driving distance is a problem dealers can provide loaners. My parents don't have a Caddy dealer by them and the two times they've had problems they drove up to the place they bought the car, which is ~45 mins away. Each time the Caddy dealer has had a loaner waiting for them. The tradeoff is the dealer normally keeps the car an extra day or two and drives a bit just to ensure my parents won't be bringing it back the next day, so they're sporting the loaner for 3-4 days, but they get taken care of. Also if you go back to the place you bought the car the dealer is always angling to keep you happy since he wants to encourage you buy another car from him a few years, so they'll take care of you better.

Last edited by 05CherryGXP; 12-16-2008 at 09:41 PM.
Old 12-16-2008 | 09:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well let me tell you about repeat failures. I am a Tech for the largest RailRoad in the World, my Job is on the line with every Roadfailure we have (I'm the desiel mechanic, and my partner is my Electrician) our jobs are on the line with every engine we fix! I can ensure you that our trouble solving will repair any roadfailure that is out there. We have had a failure rate of less than .03%, which keeps us in a job, that pays us more than $65K a year! Oh, and let me tell you who made most of our locomotives, it is GM, or EMD, Electro-motive Division! Oh wait, I fix GM ****!

Oh and if your watching Extreme Trains (on the History Channel) right now the Amtrak trains shown are GE. Not EMD engines, we fix those aswell!

Last edited by LS4SPEED; 12-16-2008 at 10:02 PM.
Old 12-16-2008 | 10:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

You're also paid 65k a year and likely have a much higher level of training than the drones at the service department. Most of those guys had a few Goodwrench courses and maybe a degree from the local VoTech if you're lucky. I work in medical research and practice and a 0.03% failure rate would mean I'd have killed someone over the past few years, and last I checked I haven't killed anyone yet (I'm told odds are by 30 I will have killed because sooner or later the odds always catch up). One of my classmates is ahead of the game with 2 kills already. He always was a dumbass though (BTW: avoid discount medical centers).

You what you pay for period. When you purchase a new car a certain amount of that cost is money GM thinks it will take to repair the vehicle over the warranty period. GM isn't entirely stupid and does try to make a profit after all. As it stands, we get a lot of semi-bright kids that can obey their god, the OBD II Computer. If you want a better quality of mechanic you'd have to pay more up front. Personally I like the lower up front cost. It costs me less to take 20 minutes out of my day to drop the car off a second time and hop a shuttle than it does to pay a few thousand up front to get some guy from MENSA working on my car. Plus I can always oogle the CTS-Vs and remind myself why I need to keep saving money. Worst case you can always kill time test driving a 'Vette or something while service monkeys around your hood. My old dealer should likely be suing me for what I did to the rear tires on the C5 they let me take out unsupervised.

Your analogy of your shops level of skill vs the dealers is kind of like comparing Taco Bell to some 5 star Mexican restraunt. Taco Bell sucks, the people there get paid ****, so they suck and Taco Bell buys the cheapest possible supplies, so the food sucks. But we accept that, because when you consider it as a function of price, it actually ain't too bad. At least until the next morning. The local 5 star place is great, but for what you'd spend on your burrito at the star place you could feed your entire family at TB.
Old 12-16-2008 | 10:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Could be, and right now Ive have a few 2 many to reply, damn wine and captain! So maybe tomorrow I will respond, until then, Have a nice night!. Oh one last thought, I repair $3-$4 million dollar locomotives, not $30K cars! Give that some thought.

Originally Posted by 05CherryGXP
You're also paid 65k a year and likely have a much higher level of training than the drones at the service department. Most of those guys had a few Goodwrench courses and maybe a degree from the local VoTech if you're lucky. I work in medical research and practice and a 0.03% failure rate would mean I'd have killed someone over the past few years, and last I checked I haven't killed anyone yet (I'm told odds are by 30 I will have killed because sooner or later the odds always catch up). One of my classmates is ahead of the game with 2 kills already. He always was a dumbass though (BTW: avoid discount medical centers).

You what you pay for period. When you purchase a new car a certain amount of that cost is money GM thinks it will take to repair the vehicle over the warranty period. GM isn't entirely stupid and does try to make a profit after all. As it stands, we get a lot of semi-bright kids that can obey their god, the OBD II Computer. If you want a better quality of mechanic you'd have to pay more up front. Personally I like the lower up front cost. It costs me less to take 20 minutes out of my day to drop the car off a second time and hop a shuttle than it does to pay a few thousand up front to get some guy from MENSA working on my car. Plus I can always oogle the CTS-Vs and remind myself why I need to keep saving money. Worst case you can always kill time test driving a 'Vette or something while service monkeys around your hood. My old dealer should likely be suing me for what I did to the rear tires on the C5 they let me take out unsupervised.

Your analogy of your shops level of skill vs the dealers is kind of like comparing Taco Bell to some 5 star Mexican restraunt. Taco Bell sucks, the people there get paid ****, so they suck and Taco Bell buys the cheapest possible supplies, so the food sucks. But we accept that, because when you consider it as a function of price, it actually ain't too bad. At least until the next morning. The local 5 star place is great, but for what you'd spend on your burrito at the star place you could feed your entire family at TB.
Old 12-17-2008 | 12:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

so my prognosis was right from online and they couldnt figure that out in person this first time. nice.

Quick Reply: this car is turning into a real piece of shit