LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Trans Am WS6 vs Monte Carlo SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009 | 06:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

And would explain why he smoked him in that car.
Old 03-24-2009 | 06:55 PM
TECH Resident

Someone didn't read my disclaimer:
Originally Posted by hExxLS4
Just so everyone knows before some LS1 dude comes in here and flames about their stock superiority, I'll admit I was surprised at the outcome. He technically should have taken me pretty easily. Obviously, he wasn't driving the car to it's full potential. But a the end of the day, it's all about how you use what you have and I'm pretty happy with the results. So please think about that before posting flames.
If you think it's BS, then more power to you. Just telling you all what happened. Take it or leave it. It is what it is and it happened. If you don't think that a car with more horsepower with a poor driver can't be equaled or beat by a well driven car of lesser horsepower, then you're in a dream world.

Originally Posted by blackls1ta00
ok full exhaust ws6 vs stock monte ss ?lol im callin bs.your talkin 320 vs 260 hp,man that guy cant drive for sure.i have a 92 richard petty edition 3.4l dual cam m5 grand prix about 220 hp w/cai vs a stock 07 monte ss i had a half a car from roll about 55 to 110 at 107 his governor shut off as i kept pullin,he stopped and asked if i had major engine work,i said no just a driver mod,he was speechless.
Old 03-24-2009 | 06:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CenTexSS
If he hit a governer around 107 it was a V6.
If you guys are talking about the 3800, I had been well above 107 when I had my L67 monte.
Old 03-24-2009 | 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

No he's talking about the newer 3500 and 3900 V6's in the 06+ cars not the L67 cars.
Old 03-24-2009 | 07:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by rottonj
Damn, I like my 08 gxp but I must have a slow one.Some cars are just faster then others stock. I have no personal experience racing a LS trans ams or camaros but I have with the lt1's and my car doesnt seem close.
Our cars really don't flash their power around. When I was test driving mine I took it out on an on-ramp and stomped the gas down just to see what it would do. I didn't hear a lot of engine noise or feel the car leap forward or any of the stuff I associated with LS1s I'd been in. At the bottom of the ramp I'm like 'This V8 is crap, crap, crap. *glance down at the speedo* Holy **** I'm doing 110+ mph.' More often than not I find myself out on the highway doing 90 or more because the car just kind of quietly creeps up there, tap the gas for a moment, no loud growl or anything, the needle just moves higher and higher.

In terms of other LSx cars we're close enough its a driver's race, assuming comparable mods of course. FWD does burn our asses on launches, but if the other guy can't launch it all levels out. I've been stock and modded LSx cars, lost to some, it all evens out in the end. I kind of dig the sleeper look though and all the direspect I get. It makes showing them my tail lights ever so much sweeter.

The smaller mod community does hurt a little. I miss having a F-Body and all kinds of easy mods for it. With the LS4 just start saving for the turbo and racing transmission basically.
Old 03-24-2009 | 07:30 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by blackls1ta00
ok full exhaust ws6 vs stock monte ss ?lol im callin bs.your talkin 320 vs 260 hp,man that guy cant drive for sure.i have a 92 richard petty edition 3.4l dual cam m5 grand prix about 220 hp w/cai vs a stock 07 monte ss i had a half a car from roll about 55 to 110 at 107 his governor shut off as i kept pullin,he stopped and asked if i had major engine work,i said no just a driver mod,he was speechless.
I love my 06 monte ss but that 91 lumina z34 I had w/ the 3.4 twin dual cam was a cool car for its time. I actually miss it, not pulling the motor a few times over its life span, but beating up 5.o stangs was fun. LOL
Old 03-24-2009 | 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

i like monte ss... good race!
Old 03-24-2009 | 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hexxLS4

If you think it's BS, then more power to you. Just telling you all what happened. Take it or leave it. It is what it is and it happened. If you don't think that a car with more horsepower with a poor driver can't be equaled or beat by a well driven car of lesser horsepower, then you're in a dream world.
I'm with you on this one. I've had friends run crappy times in Camaro SS's. I remember when one of them got a 2000 SS, ran 14.1 stock. Just because they're capable of low 13's doesn't mean the driver is. He ended up learning the car and ran 13.30's.

Quick Reply: Trans Am WS6 vs Monte Carlo SS