LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Anyone Got Ideas On Whether This Will Void My Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 06:42 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

FROM WAT IVE HEAR THERE STARTIN 2 CHECK ALL FORUMS FOR THIS INFO,LOL!!!

BUT ENOUGH WITH ALL THE BULL SITTIN...

I KNOW A LIL ABOUT AUTOMOTIVE REPAIR BUT NOT ALOT LIKE OTHERS ON THIS FORUM,WAT WILL THE PORT JOB DO(GAIN MORE HORESE,BETTER TORQUE,ETC) PLEASE HELP WIT SUM INFO ON THIS,I AM INTERESTED IN THIS...

DONT WANT 2 MESS WITH THE WARRENTY
Old 04-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vehicle Warranty Act

Originally Posted by DP 08 GXP
well so far i have got the mods in my sig done and am planning on getting the Yella 1.8 rockers, 180* tstat, 2 heat ranges colder spark plugs (XP5243 Iridium Autolite Plugs), DP, porting the TB and intake manifold, and a stealth tune from vector. does anyone know if these mods and/or the mods i have already done would give GM a reason not to replace my tranny, which i know will go out sooner or later, under warranty or anything else? any and all input is appreciated!
One thing I want to say they can't use the information gathered from your ECM again'st you. There was a case in court where I believe to have been GM who use this information to void an owner warranty. That person went to court and won big time.

According to section 2302(c) of the "Magnuson Moss Warranty Act", a vehicle manufacturer cannot legally void the warranty on a vehicle due to the installation or addition of an aftermarket part - unless they can prove that the aftermarket part has caused or has contributed to the failure in the vehicle!

Overall, the laws governing warranties are very clear. The only time a new vehicle warranty can be voided is if an aftermarket part has been installed and it can be proven that it is responsible for an emission warranty claim. However, a vehicle manufacturer or dealership cannot void a warranty simply because an an aftermarket equipment has been installed on a vehicle.

In addition, the warrantor may not impose any duty, other than notification, upon any consumer, as a condition of securing the repair of any consumer product that malfunctions, is defective, or does not conform to the written warranty. However, the warrantor may require consumers to return a defective item to its place of purchase for repair.