LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

When I fiirst got the SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 11:28 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AlabamaGuy
Any problems with the HIDs in the low beams blinding traffic? Since they aren't housed in a projector?
Nope. They aren't that bad. I have them aimed down slightly. No flashes from oncomming. But where I live 9/10 cars has projectors so people don't know the difference. All I know is Range Rover projectors are fawking blinding.....
Old 07-08-2009, 01:12 PM
TECH Addict

To echo what Nacho said, I too had 6000k (after a set of 8000k) HIDs in the OE housings and never had an issue (with blinding oncoming drivers).
Old 07-08-2009, 03:47 PM
TECH Resident

That's good to hear. I'll be going with 5K HID's one of these days. The money tree just hasn't taken off this year.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:43 AM
Launching!

car looks amazing man, love that smooth and sleek look. just an appearance question, did you paint your front bowtie or did you find an aftermarket one?
Old 07-19-2009, 09:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
Yessir I do.

Actually, they are out now. After dealing with the company I bought them from after the halos burn out on the Passenger side and returning two different sets of lights, I'm done with their bullshit. One of them gets moisture inside and fogged up every single time you start the car, and when you wash the car, water automatically gets into each housing. The just shorted out on me one time and I gave up. The H3C output sucks too, because it is a foglight beam, not a headlight beam.

Anyway there's a set of 6K 35w DDM tuning HIDs in the stockers and 3K 35w DDM tuning HIDs in the fogs....pretty badass when both kits cost $35 and are slim ballast digitals with OEM connectors.
I once said that they fog up a little and it goes away,...wellllll

Now,... I take that all back! These projectors freaking suck!! And Nacho guess what?? These were my second set of lights as well!! 1st set didn't aim (the aiming wheel was inoperative) The 2nd set first started fogging up on very cold ATL winter nights, then after I wash it, then cruise. Now these SOB's fogged up for NO damn reason!! And never defog!! And to top it off, one of the halos went out! To the guys interested in the projectors just be aware of these possible problems. I loved those lights, but they are not worth the hassle or stress of worrying if people looking because they are cool or because they can't even see the dynamics, and more importantly if the moisture will cause major electric issues!! LOL!! So I just took them out a couple of days ago, reinstalled the OEM's & just put some luminics kyrpton blue H11 in the head lights and fog lights. I also took out the amber turn signal (3057) & installed some blue bulbs in its place. I'll upload some pics with the more relieving, back to stock but new look! LOL!