Old 07-05-2009, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The girls i hang out with know the differance
Old 07-05-2009, 04:47 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by neilownz
I saw an Impala SS the other day. And there's a Red Monte SS like mine with yellow stick on flames in the NDSU parking lot all the time by loaf and jug lol.
i have seen that one ill probably be seeing it a lot more since ill be living on 10th and 9th does fargo have a 1/4 mile track close by
Old 07-05-2009, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(carlocrusader)

Demario
Vehicle: 2007 Chevy Monte Carlo SS (around 20,200 miles)

Flipped Motor Mount, TBS, super 40 Flowmasters, deleted resy, heat shield wrapped K&N Intake, DonRome STB, & Tinted Tails from Flip, 18 black Exel rims wrapped in Nexen Z rated tires.......

planing in getting a solid Motor Mount, cat back and tune & thats it!!
Old 07-05-2009, 06:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Mgpeagle
Gee, thanks Mel for posting your age. Chicken... j/k

Well, you do have 2 or 3 kids that are not at home if I remember correctly. Hmmmm...I'd say you are in your 40's at least. So everyone I am NOT the old guy on here.... lol...

Oh, and Derek thanks for making me feel so young. Just remember Bucko 24 to 38 happens in a flash...

-Mike
Mike,
I'm the oldest member here so far and I have a seven and a sixteen year old at home and two already gone thank God. My family are my life but I will be glad when me and my wife have time for each other I'm 54
Old 07-05-2009, 06:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pauls325
i have seen that one ill probably be seeing it a lot more since ill be living on 10th and 9th does fargo have a 1/4 mile track close by
Just interstate dragways, but I think someone bought the track and they arent doing the tintmasters open sessions or whatever its called this year because of some idiots who ran street tires in the groove etc etc...

http://www.interstatedragways.net/

Hmm maybe some dates, but they upped the prices.
Old 07-05-2009, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lol... Thnaks for posting Mel. I still have 4 at home. Well, you know what I mean. Can't wait for those times either buddy.

BTW-Did you paint the stock x-members chrome or did you send those out? Your engine bay has given me quite a few ideas. Thanks dude...

-Mike
Old 07-05-2009, 09:10 PM
TECH Junkie

I sent them in to advanced plating in Nashville there chromed.
Old 07-05-2009, 10:39 PM
Launching!

Ok, kids!
Eliot
55 !!! I am the great grand dad! I Guess.
07 Monte SS
Custon CAI with smooth silicone elbow, Hogan catted downpipe, flipped motor mount, wrapped cross over, Superchips Cortex Tune, Pace car graphics, really good looking driver, painted engine cover
Old 07-06-2009, 06:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Lorenzo-28
Eastern Long Island- North East Pennsylvania

Transmission Moderator(gpse3400) on www.60degreev6.com (Chevy 60DegreeV6's)

2006 CHEVROLET Monte Carlo SS
Bought new in '07
Current 49,000 miles

Future
Tune, otherwise I like it the way it is
New lower valences
New MAF screen
New tires
Transmission fluid and filter change

Current
Flipped torque strut mount
K and N drop in filter
Hooker Aero Chambers with stainless slash cut Gibson Tips
Power Stop slotted and crossdrilled rotors and ceramic Pads
Pennzoil Platinum with Purolator Pure One engine oil filter

Past
3" down pipe
K and N Filtercharger kit
Both removed due to codes comming up

I have had my share of problems with this car(including it being black) but I love it all the same. Its very roomy, handles very good, has a very compliant ride, plus I broke in the leather seat and now its super comfy. There isn't another car out there that has the looks, power, room, and utility...Except maybe the new 'camaro.

Last edited by Count of Monte Carlo; 07-08-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:30 AM
Launching!

Greg:

24 Years old. From Madison Ohio, but currently stationed at Bolling AFB, DC and I live in Springfield Va.

1st car ever was a 1981 Z28, black on black. God I miss that car..

Current cars:

-2008 Grand Prix GXP-Dark Slate Metallic Grey/graphite interior-, bought her at 6 months old with 9 k on the clock now has 26k
Mods: K&N CAI, 10%tint, Res Delete, GM Cermiac front pads(no dust) and always detailed. "Pride and Joy"

Soon to come mods: Turbo someday maybe the STS universal, Rockers, Custom headers, hopefully a cam, Dyno tune, Inferno hood, or SLP one if i can find a slp hood, SSC's. Just need to deploy 3-4 more times... haha..

-98 GT Coupe-bright white/blinding white/taupe interior-, bare bone, no options. Inheritied it. FL car super clean.
107k had it since 99 (wife bought it at 1 year old)
lots of mods, not many go fast ones on it yet. M90 sitting in storage unit with an f-1 hood for it as well.
Mods:
F-1 Hood, 06 GT Seats, 5% tint, Custom KenneBell CAI, Autolites, 3inHogan DP/HFcat, Crss/drilled Rotors, 12in front upgrade, DHP PCM, 3 Guage pod w/stewart warner guages-white face, 17in bullits with custom pontiac center caps. Kenwood Head-unit. M90 chillin in a box.

Soon to come mods/ to do list=98 GT
SSC Springs, M90, Viper Alarm system/remote start, Put my f-1 hood on, change CAI to an SLP CAI to use with ram air hood. Purchase the SSM90 Kit from zzp, Headers, Rockers and a dyno tune.

Also I have the same screen name over on ClubGP and 3800pro

Nice to meet you all over here on ls1tech.

Last edited by 98GTcoupe; 07-07-2009 at 04:46 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 06:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by williamGT
Name: William
Age 24
2008 Pontiac Grand Prix GXP, 30,000Km's
Mods: K&N Intake, Air Raid TBS, Hogan 3inch downpipe with High-Flow Cat, Magnaflow cat-back, Smoked LED tail lights, DonRome STB's and flipped motor mount.

Hoping to get 360 crank HP.

I'm going on vacation next week, hoping to find an 05-06 GTO.
Yellowknife? Ice road trucker by any chance?
Old 07-06-2009, 06:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

name;chris
age;38, iam glad there are few of us old guys around
location; sweet ole chicago
2005 gxp with 42,000

plans/goals;
well to hope that this pos car will last, and be trouble free for 2 more yrs, **** you guys are worried about making this beast faster, iam worried if something else is going to break, but i have to repaint both sides of the car,the roof, the hood again, and front cover, and then either some graphics or have my striper do some more stuff on it
new tires would be nice, i might have to do new brakes AGAIN, ummmmm and hope that it stays together
Old 07-06-2009, 07:44 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bdyman
name;chris
age;38, iam glad there are few of us old guys around
location; sweet ole chicago
2005 gxp with 42,000

plans/goals;
well to hope that this pos car will last, and be trouble free for 2 more yrs, **** you guys are worried about making this beast faster, iam worried if something else is going to break, but i have to repaint both sides of the car,the roof, the hood again, and front cover, and then either some graphics or have my striper do some more stuff on it
new tires would be nice, i might have to do new brakes AGAIN, ummmmm and hope that it stays together
Damn Bdyman,
Calm down brother, i feel your pain tho, i think there are ghosts living in side my 98, or its that i dont drive it enough.

On an Bdyman, sorry for the thread highjack guys: but my GXP was ready for pickup i picked it up took it home washed it an started cussing. They painted fibers into the clearcoat so, ill be going back in today sometime.. wish me luck, they wont like me now..
Old 07-06-2009, 08:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

lol oh iam fine lol
i dont bullshit, say things the way they are, and thats they way things are, i hope it will last and be trouble free for 2 more yrs, but i highly doubt it
could i have 1 more trans replaced?? or could i have another water leak?? hummmmm i wonder what will break next???.......
Old 07-06-2009, 09:23 AM
Staging Lane

Bob 35 y/o
Denver, CO
1991 Grand Wagoneer 267k miles
2007 Grand Prix GXP 24k

I'm really liking my current mpg and horsepower so am not likely to fiddle with things too much. Would like the inferno hood someday (as soon as I find an extra $1,000 or so).
Old 07-06-2009, 09:34 AM
On The Tree

JD
St Louis, MO

2006 gxp 36,000 miles
2005 colorado Z85 50,000 miles
Old 07-06-2009, 11:51 AM
Teching In

[now that some other old guys have posted, I can too ]

Gary, 53

Fredonia, WI (North of Milwaukee. I'm half way between Great Lakes dragaway and Road America)

2006 Grand Prix GXP (29K miles)

Very few mods. The GXP is my driver, and I'm very happy with it.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Eddie
Eastern Iowa
Vehicle - 2007 Impala SS (for a little bit longer)
Miles: 28K, and lots of annoying little BS problems along the way
Mods: removing mods piece by piece, still have a few to get rid of

Goal. . .doesn't really matter anymore. Trading it in for a 2010 Ford Expedition EL Limited 4x4 because we need a people hauler. First time in my life I am getting a Ford, but the Suburban couldn't even come close. I can sit in any seat in any row in the Ford, Chevy I can only sit the first row because second and third don't have headroom/legroom like I need. A ton of options in the Ford, good ruggedness, and the drivetrain is purely F150, which means tons of aftermarket. .. . headers and superchargers are even available (I know a nice sore spot around here). Interesting how having kids changes priorities.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Name:Mike
Vehicles: 2006 Impala SS, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1977/2007 Camaro with LR4 4.8 and 4L80-E.
Mods: Bought a Diablosport but have not installed any tuning yet.
Goals: To sell the Camaro and lightly mod the SS, keeping in mind that this car sees 800 miles per week!

Any suggestions for improving mileage? I was thinking about doing a homemade CAI, but am not sure if it's worth the time since the stock airbox appears to flow pretty well.
Old 07-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by eddiemoney
Eddie
Eastern Iowa
Vehicle - 2007 Impala SS (for a little bit longer)
Miles: 28K, and lots of annoying little BS problems along the way
Mods: removing mods piece by piece, still have a few to get rid of

Goal. . .doesn't really matter anymore. Trading it in for a 2010 Ford Expedition EL Limited 4x4 because we need a people hauler. First time in my life I am getting a Ford, but the Suburban couldn't even come close. I can sit in any seat in any row in the Ford, Chevy I can only sit the first row because second and third don't have headroom/legroom like I need. A ton of options in the Ford, good ruggedness, and the drivetrain is purely F150, which means tons of aftermarket. .. . headers and superchargers are even available (I know a nice sore spot around here). Interesting how having kids changes priorities.
Yup kids do change priorities,got my thrid on the way in the next weeks...gonna be trading in the wifes 06 g6 gt wanna get a tbss used of course,might trade my wife for the imp if I can find one...

Quick Reply: How about roll call