LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Flowmaster Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flowmaster Exhaust

Hi guys. I just put two flowmaster 40 series on my gxp. Now i had made the fatal mistake of cutting the resonator off a long time ago. Now im not complaining about how loud the car is on the outide. It sounds friggin awesome. The problem is on the inside. Im about to have twins and i think it will blow their ear drums its so loud. What can be done. If i put a resonator back on, how quiet is it going to get on the outside. Hows it going to sound on the inside. I tried insulating the trunk. but that only diminished the noise slightly. Any ideas.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put a resonator back on....then buy a cutout...loud when you want quiet when you want.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Put the biggest resonator (length) that you can in there. if there's a place for a smaller one on down the line, run it too. Resonators are cheap.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya i had the same issue with young kids. I also had a price point to worry about. I went with a cutout after the res on my car. It doesnt bother my 2 week old at all. She loves ridding around with daddy in his car. Almost always puts her to sleep.