LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

DP Questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DP Questions

Just wondering if I can get the gaskets cheaper than through Hogan. $18 seems a bit steep for a couple gaskets.

Second question: what kind of dyno gains have people gotten from a catless DP? Is it worth getting if you've just done a muffler swap and res delete?

Third: I got 2.5" inlet mufflers and they had to put spacers in them to bolt up to the 2" tail pipe. I was thinking about having one of Summit's universal systems welded up, but I don't want to have to get a new set of mufflers. Can the old one's be salvaged?
Old 07-22-2009, 07:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't have any dyno proof of my catless DP but I can tell you it is way faster on the highway. It is a night and day difference for my car.

You can probably get the gaskets cheaper at AutoZone or Advanced Auto.

If the spacers are welded in then you may not be able to salvage the muffs to put on a larger system. Not sure on this one...

-Mike
Old 07-22-2009, 11:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dynoed with my downpipe and gained very little but it is much faster i can tell you that. Dont do things on our car and expect to see much actual hp gain. Your car will get faster but for some reason they don't show it on the dynos
Old 07-22-2009, 01:39 PM
TECH Regular

I picked up about 5mph on the 1/4 after the catless downpipe and cutout, might have more in her since she was heat soaked like a hell.
Old 07-22-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Red03GT
I picked up about 5mph on the 1/4 after the catless downpipe and cutout, might have more in her since she was heat soaked like a hell.
Never heard of something being heat soaked like a hell

Anyway, ordering my Catless tonight with the money from the camaro I sold my stepdad, sitting here listening to him try to get her going as I type this.