LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

What size throttle body bolts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 05:56 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What size throttle body bolts?

Anyone know what size are the 4 bolts that hold on the throttle body to intake manifiold? I know they are metric. I am making my own spacer, I am experimenting with a thicker one then commercially available (1.5") and need longer bolts. m6? m7?
Old 08-14-2009, 08:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Their m6. Oddly enough I just made a 1 ½ spacer the other day. Haven’t put it on yet, I’m thinking of taking the lip off the inside bottom of the throttle body and porting the spacer to match.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:00 PM
Launching!

Yeah, I took one bolt out today and compared it with what I already bought, its m6 but with a shoulder under the head. Locally, all I can find are ones 75mm long, I would be much happier with 80mm long bolts, there's not a whole lot of bolt thread sticking out of the assembly to screw into the manifold with the 75mm m6 bolts, maybe metric threaded rod and nuts is the way to go. I don't understand why GM would have machined that sharp lip inside the bottom back of the throttle body, other then to provide a wide sealing area and to match up to the manifold. I am considering taking that lip off, or removing most of it to match my spacer also. I bought a spare throttle body off of ebay, so I don't have to grind my original! I am wondering if it will still leave a sharp lip on the manifold itself, not sure I am comfortable grinding on that. Too close to the rubber O ring gasket.

Quick Reply: What size throttle body bolts?