LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Goodyear Assurance TripleTred

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 06:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Goodyear Assurance TripleTred

Anybody got these on the back or their car? I got the original Bridgestone on front. The tires are real loud or a bearing is going bad or both.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I couldn't get them in a size to work on the Impala
Old 09-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Teching In

I would be glad you could not. hehe
Old 09-14-2009, 09:53 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Absolute biggest ripoff crap ever created.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by sciff5
Absolute biggest ripoff crap ever created.
Why do you say that? I've owned two sets - one set on the Saturn I had before the Impala, and one set on the 17" winter wheels for the Impala. I love them for the snow, but in dry weather they are lacking for straight line acceleration.

I never really thought the tires were loud either. The Eagle F1-AS that were on the Impala were loud, and switching to the TripleTreds dropped the noise considerably.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:32 AM
11 Second Club

If all you want is a quite ride fine get the triple treds thats about all they do.. And for just delivering a quiet ride and pretty much sucking at everthing else their price is absurd.

In the snow they are ok at best, any measure of performance they are horendous. I used to be able to lock my brakes at will with them on and the car would just slide, thats flat out dangerous.

If your gonna spend that money get michellin pilot sports A/S. Great in the rain quiet, very sporty and even gets me through the snow.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm going to give the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S tires a shot. Reasonable grip on ice and snow, but supposed to have excellent dry and wet weather traction.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:35 PM
Teching In

I meant to say I have the Goodyear Assurance TripleTred on the back. could not afford the Bridgestones at the time. Maybe a bearing going bad. loud roar from the back. If you guys are saying they are quite for the most part.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:05 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by GXPJIMMY
I meant to say I have the Goodyear Assurance TripleTred on the back. could not afford the Bridgestones at the time. Maybe a bearing going bad. loud roar from the back. If you guys are saying they are quite for the most part.
they are basically like riding a wallowy marshmellow so them being loud isnt normal. Doesnt meen your not experiencing uneven tire wear back there creating a noisy situation. Or a bad wheel bearing is pretty common too, but tire noise and wheel wearing noise are usually slighly different sounds
Old 09-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Teching In

If all you want is a quite ride fine get the triple treds thats about all they do.. And for just delivering a quiet ride and pretty much sucking at everthing else their price is absurd.

In the snow they are ok at best, any measure of performance they are horendous. I used to be able to lock my brakes at will with them on and the car would just slide, thats flat out dangerous.

If your gonna spend that money get michellin pilot sports A/S. Great in the rain quiet, very sporty and even gets me through the snow.
I guess we've had two different experiences with them, and I'd bet we are two different types of drivers too. I never locked up tires on either car with those tires on there, and snow traction was the best I've ever had out of a set of tires.

I also realize they are best for winter around here (between those and the KDW's I have for summer), and don't even bother with them for spring through fall since they aren't meant to be performance tires.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Teching In

they are basically like riding a wallowy marshmellow
This is actually a good description of how I felt about them on my Saturn. Definite drop in handling from the RE950's I had, but I needed traction in snow more than I needed cornering.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

had these tires on my 01 GTP and loved them! if they made them in both sizes i need or even the 255/45/18 i would already have them on my GXP! wisconsin driving year round and i never thought they were that bad at all... dry, wet, snow. never had a noise issue at all either, although my buddy with a 2005 impala SS supercharged put them on and said they were loud from day 1 so idk

Quick Reply: Goodyear Assurance TripleTred