LS4 Performance Grand Prix GXP | Monte Carlo SS | Impala SS | LaCrosse Super

Goodyear Eagles F1 put on today

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 04:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kazmaniac
I ran mine Eagle F1 A/S for 30,000 miles - they're close to the wear bars showing.

Been a great handling tire w/o a flat, but they mine are very noisy, especially on some asphalt roads and parking lots.

Replacing them with Michelins.
I'll second this one. I'm about 27,000 miles into my set of four brand new Goodyears and in the same boat as Kaz. I lost one set of rears to cupping, Goodyear gave me 50% off a new set but I still feel a little screwed by it given how many problems others have reported with cupping.

So right now my fronts are about 27k old and the rears ~19k old. The fronts are about at wear bars, they were great tires but a little loud (I only ever noticed it with the radio off) and the wet traction went to hell fast.

Given the way I drive I've never expected my tires to last as long as the manfacturer claims they will, but the Goodyears seemed to go excessively quick IMHO.

My CTS came with Michelin Pilots on it and those tires have held up like champs. Not showing a lot of wear, very little road noise and they grip extremely well in all conditions (to be fair the AWD also helps here). I'm going over to Michelin when I redo my tires and give them a try.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark IXZD 150
UPDATE: Good Year is going to refund me 100% purchase price due to F1 A/S noise & cupping issues, on tires I bought almost a year ago. I'm a happy Discount Tire customer and I applaud Good Year for doing the right thing too. I'm having the Eagle GT all seasons installed this weekend.
dude how did you pull that off?? was it like you just called goodyear and they know about the problems with these specific tires, and boom they gave you money to replace them
like they sent you a money order or a credit card any more info would help becasue my f1`s are shot!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bdyman
dude how did you pull that off?? was it like you just called goodyear and they know about the problems with these specific tires, and boom they gave you money to replace them
like they sent you a money order or a credit card any more info would help becasue my f1`s are shot!!!
No like... I went back to the retailer and called Good Year too... and like... they knew their tires like sucked and like... gave me new Good Year tires in exchange for my bad ones... and like... so all I had to pay for was like mounting and balancing... like.

Sorry, I just had to bust your ***** on all the "like speak". It's one thing to say it but good Lord, don't type it too. Grammar matters and it's getting lost in America.

If you can go into the retailer who sold you your tires with some proof that you've done the research on the problem, they can't pretend there's no problem. Any sane retailer will go back to the manufacturer to resolve the issue, especially one like this with the F1 A/S. Just be sure you're armed with the facts and go into the store acting like a civilized adult to make your case. Explain the situation and ask them what they're going to do about the problem. Then be quiet... and wait for the guy to answer. First guy to talk loses.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well **** my life, sorry about the spelling
i called goodyear today, they made some kid of file for me and i need to go to the goodyear store around my house, get the tires inspected, and go from there
if it worked for you it should work for me at least i hope it does, i cant afford new tires im unemployed and going through a custody battle, **** my life!!
Old 10-09-2009, 10:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well when i contacted tire rack, contacted goodyear, went to just tires had them inspected, tire rack calls me back today with all the info i gave them they came back to me and say well we can send you pre paid shipping labels, and you buy new tires and we will reimburse me when i do that

well kinda sucks, im unemployed i dont have the income that im used too, and my tires are bald, really sucks!! gave them all documented info, and all i get is free shiiping to send my tires back, woooo hoooooooo
Old 10-09-2009, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^ Can family member front you the moneys until you can get reimbursed?
Old 10-11-2009, 12:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

lol my family, i dont talk or keep in contact with my family at all, my mother can go **** her self (long story there) my brother is a douche bag and my g/f is a single mom who needs all the money she can get to provide for her and her 2 kids
so im fucked
Old 12-02-2009, 07:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Talking

Just an update on my Eagle F1's its been too months,and ive been very impressed.with dry traction and wet traction(even in Cali we see sum rain,lol).Road noise has not been an issue at all,but then again the radio is always rockin!!!All in all im lookin forward to getting a new set later on down the line!!!
Old 12-02-2009, 11:44 PM
Launching!

I had F1's on my Grand Am many years ago and then moved to Ultra HPs.... worst move ever... the F1's were great in the dry weather

I now have the new Eagle GTs and they're amazing!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2009, 07:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SSL33PER
Just an update on my Eagle F1's its been too months,and ive been very impressed.with dry traction and wet traction(even in Cali we see sum rain,lol).Road noise has not been an issue at all,but then again the radio is always rockin!!!All in all im lookin forward to getting a new set later on down the line!!!

oh you just wait the cupping on the rear tires is going to be so bad, and the noise from these tires are going to drive you insane!!!, drive for 5k and you will see that traction is fading, and the noise oh sweet baby jesus the noise!!!

i would never buy another goodyear product again
Old 12-03-2009, 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KissMyDSM92
I had F1's on my Grand Am many years ago and then moved to Ultra HPs.... worst move ever... the F1's were great in the dry weather

I now have the new Eagle GTs and they're amazing!!!!!!!
What did you pay for all 4???

Originally Posted by bdyman
oh you just wait the cupping on the rear tires is going to be so bad, and the noise from these tires are going to drive you insane!!!, drive for 5k and you will see that traction is fading, and the noise oh sweet baby jesus the noise!!!

i would never buy another goodyear product again
Well good thing work is only 10 mins away,and I really don't drive a whole lot in the imp.wknds she is parked in the garage,and we use the wifes g6 gt for everything.so it will be a while b4 I hear road noise,lol...which doesn't matter since I won't hit 5k on those kicks for a while or a year or 2,lol!!!

And after a couple of months I still see the markings between the tread!!!
Old 12-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SSL33PER
What did you pay for all 4???
I have the receipt and it says $520.44.... that included everything except a road hazard warranty.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

That's not bad at all,sh#t for my two f1 I payed the same.do yo have pics of your tires,so I can see the tread pattern,thanks
Old 12-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Launching!

Its a little dark out and i only have my cell phone to take pictures. I will try and see if I can upload them tomorrow afternoon or something.

It should snow tomorrow so I'll get to test these babies out!
Old 12-04-2009, 09:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lol,have fun!!
Old 12-05-2009, 02:01 PM
Launching!

I took some pictures but won't be able to post until later as I am at work until 4. The snow is coming down hard. I've cleaned my car 3 times today and it's packed on real good again! Roads are real slush so at 4 I'm going to have a nice review started.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by KissMyDSM92
I took some pictures but won't be able to post until later as I am at work until 4. The snow is coming down hard. I've cleaned my car 3 times today and it's packed on real good again! Roads are real slush so at 4 I'm going to have a nice review started.
Any pics yet,and your review of the new GY Eagles GT's???